Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    OH MY GOD SAURON

(just kidding, couldn’t be less interested)
  • Options
    I don't generally post on here so read into this what you will.

But Bad Sisters I thought was fantastic and one of the best TV Series I have watched in a long time 
  • Options
    7 episodes through Dahmer and it's been pretty riveting viewing so far. Evan Peters is brilliant in the lead role. Unnerving at times when you think Dahmer and people like him are actually real.
    Agreed. I started it yesterday and am one episode behind you.

The sheer level of police incompetence is astounding, as was evidenced by the actual phone call recording of the neighbour following up on the police attending a call to the block of apartments.
    Not tv related apologies but just saw this post so wanted to comment, as great as Dahmer was I do wonder how much of the police issues were made up to make it look worse, I saw a interview with a crime reporter who was first on the scene and she said Glenda Cleveland wasn't actually his next door neighbour as the show made it seem, in fact she lived in a separate apartment block(which would explain why police ignored her as if true she wouldn't have been able to hear or smell anything and they would have passed it off as a neighbour being nosey)) but as I say it makes you wonder what else they used "artistic licensing" with in the show.

If your gonna do a TV show based on true events you shouldn't mess with the basics and should get it as true to life, for instance the building people lived in 
  • Options
    I don't generally post on here so read into this what you will.

But Bad Sisters I thought was fantastic and one of the best TV Series I have watched in a long time 
    Yeah I really enjoyed Bad Sisters.too 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Just binged The Watcher. Seven episodes in two days. Great entertainment. 
    It was great right up until the ending which was pretty disappointing.
  • Options
    Rings of Power wrapped up very well - I was hoping the character reveals wouldn't be who they turned out to be, but it was done so well that I was still really happy with it.

Really hated the Harfoots through the whole show, they were just annoying and unnecessary - wish they'd just not included them.
  • Options
    7 episodes through Dahmer and it's been pretty riveting viewing so far. Evan Peters is brilliant in the lead role. Unnerving at times when you think Dahmer and people like him are actually real.
    Agreed. I started it yesterday and am one episode behind you.

The sheer level of police incompetence is astounding, as was evidenced by the actual phone call recording of the neighbour following up on the police attending a call to the block of apartments.
    Not tv related apologies but just saw this post so wanted to comment, as great as Dahmer was I do wonder how much of the police issues were made up to make it look worse, I saw a interview with a crime reporter who was first on the scene and she said Glenda Cleveland wasn't actually his next door neighbour as the show made it seem, in fact she lived in a separate apartment block(which would explain why police ignored her as if true she wouldn't have been able to hear or smell anything and they would have passed it off as a neighbour being nosey)) but as I say it makes you wonder what else they used "artistic licensing" with in the show.

If your gonna do a TV show based on true events you shouldn't mess with the basics and should get it as true to life, for instance the building people lived in 
    Yeah, was aware of the Glenda Cleveland living in an adjacent block thing. She also reported Dahmer on a number of occasions for odd behaviour which is why the series maker dramatised it as her being his neighbour. She was also the lady in the phone call made to police that they played.

If you haven't already, watch 'Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes' as that will give you an undramatised version of events.
  • Options
    Rings of Power wrapped up very well - I was hoping the character reveals wouldn't be who they turned out to be, but it was done so well that I was still really happy with it.

Really hated the Harfoots through the whole show, they were just annoying and unnecessary - wish they'd just not included them.
    The problem with hobbits is they are the everyman I guess, everyone else seems at home with their various situations. Let's be honest nobody's favourite in the fims was the hobbits, it couldn't have been, they were greedy, workshy, inadequate little people that needed a lot of rescuing. Eomer, Faramir, Aragorn, Gimli, Boromir, Legolas these guys were double hard bastards who got stuck into the orcs of middle earth as if they were chowing down on their lunch. It was bread and butter to them. I guess some vulnerability and a reflection of how shit scared the viewer would be getting chased by those big, growly bastards. 

That said I get it, and the character reveal of the stranger was very sweetly done. I love the girl who played Galadriel, she us a superstar and absolutely owned the part. I'm really intrigued how Elendil and Isildur will be worked into the story especially as Isildur was last seen  eing squashed by a burning beam. Joseph Mawle played his part as Adar really well too. Thought Lenny Henry was ok but really hammy 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Carter said:

The problem with hobbits is they are the everyman I guess, everyone else seems at home with their various situations. Let's be honest nobody's favourite in the fims was the hobbits, it couldn't have been, they were greedy, workshy, inadequate little people that needed a lot of rescuing. Eomer, Faramir, Aragorn, Gimli, Boromir, Legolas these guys were double hard bastards who got stuck into the orcs of middle earth as if they were chowing down on their lunch. It was bread and butter to them. I guess some vulnerability and a reflection of how shit scared the viewer would be getting chased by those big, growly bastards. 

That said I get it, and the character reveal of the stranger was very sweetly done. I love the girl who played Galadriel, she us a superstar and absolutely owned the part. I'm really intrigued how Elendil and Isildur will be worked into the story especially as Isildur was last seen  eing squashed by a burning beam. Joseph Mawle played his part as Adar really well too. Thought Lenny Henry was ok but really hammy 
    I had no problem with the hobbits in the original LOTR trilogy, or Freeman as Bilbo in The Hobbit (Frodo was a bit wet in the film though) - I just thought the whole storyline was unnecessary in RoP, a lot of the acting was hammy as you said and just didn't enjoy their storyline. 

A lot of the acting in the show was very good including Galadriel and Adar as you said - also thought the music and some of the way it was shot was brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trauma Zone .. BBC iPlayer .. 6 long programmes, little commentary and subtitled which take some concentration, which trace post Soviet Russia .. mind boggling .. no wonder the country is so fucked up
  • Options
    Trauma Zone .. BBC iPlayer .. 6 long programmes, little commentary and subtitled which take some concentration, which trace post Soviet Russia .. mind boggling .. no wonder the country is so fucked up
    What's this Lincs? I'm interested in Russian history, is it a historical thing about the fall of the Soviet regime? What do you mean when you say little commentary, is it mainly using archived footage or? Sorry just trying to understand what kinda show it is 
  • Options
    What's this Lincs? I'm interested in Russian history, is it a historical thing about the fall of the Soviet regime? What do you mean when you say little commentary, is it mainly using archived footage or? Sorry just trying to understand what kinda show it is   
    BBC iPlayer - Russia 1985-1999: TraumaZone - Series 1: 2. Part Two - 1989 to 1991
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    check out the programm page NLA .. I am 2 down with 4 to go  B):)

BBC iPlayer - Russia 1985-1999: TraumaZone - Series 1: 2. Part Two - 1989 to 1991
  • Options

I thought the whole thing just missed on acting, casting and dialogue. Disappointing but good ending. As well as harfoots could got rid of the whole cringy human kingdom story. 
  • Options
    2121 said:

I thought the whole thing just missed on acting, casting and dialogue. Disappointing but good ending. As well as harfoots could got rid of the whole cringy human kingdom story. 
    Do you mean Numenor? That's probably the most important kingdom in the story as it unfolds
  • Options
    It's definitely not new, but I've just got into Benidorm.  It's old now but It was recommended to me by someone recently & I love it. The humour is right up my street
  • Options
    " Somewhere Boy", Channel 4/All4 , total of 8 episodes, 2 x Sunday- tonight incl.

VERY different & VERY touching. Great performance by the actor playing "the boy".

Thoroughly recommend you give it a try. 
  • Options
    Quite enjoyed The Watcher but found the ending a bit unsatisfactory.  Developed quite an intense dislike for the lead male character as it developed.
  • Options
    Currently binging the new Daisy Mae Cooper series on iPlayer - Am I Being Unreasonable. Pretty funny, but equally dark and pretty sinster. Well worth a watch.
    Enjoyed watching it - very dark humour. Nothing will be as good as This Country though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    The Rob Burrow documentary - Living with MND - is a really inspiring watch. On Iplayer.

Very emotional.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Watching Red light, one of the Walter presents series, excellent...
  • Options
    " Somewhere Boy", Channel 4/All4 , total of 8 episodes, 2 x Sunday- tonight incl.

VERY different & VERY touching. Great performance by the actor playing "the boy".

Thoroughly recommend you give it a try. 
    Just finished this, great drama. The acting by the boy’s auntie and cousin was really good too. Would imagine this series will get a few awards.
  • Options
    I was recommended Only Murders in the Building. Anyone agree?
  • Options
    kafka said:
    I found Steve Martins face and Martin Shorts face and wardrobe distracting for the first couple of episodes but after I got used to them it was fine. 
    Wouldn’t bend over backwards to recommend but as something the missus chose it could have been a lot worse. Believe there is now a second series too (haven’t seen that) 
  • Options
    The Harfoots drove me off the rings of Power, but I may drift back.
    Currently watching Billy the Kid. Slow but interesting.
  • Options
    kafka said:
    I thoroughly enjoyed both series. Has some very funny lines & a good story.
  • Options
    The Harfoots drove me off the rings of Power, but I may drift back.
    Currently watching Billy the Kid. Slow but interesting.
    Go back to it mate, they aren't in it much after the first half of the series and there is a really good reveal featuring them that makes tolerance worthwhile 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    kafka said:
    I found Steve Martins face and Martin Shorts face and wardrobe distracting for the first couple of episodes but after I got used to them it was fine. 
    Wouldn’t bend over backwards to recommend but as something the missus chose it could have been a lot worse. Believe there is now a second series too (haven’t seen that) 
    I’ve watched both series, the first was better. There’s a lot of twists & turns in the plots. Not a bad watch.
  • Options
    Heartbreak High on Netflix.  Some of the performances are pretty impressive although it's like Derry Girls in having experienced, older, people playing teenagers.  The standout for me is Chloé Hayden who's autistic and is playing an autistic girl.