Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Inside Man - BBC

Total crap.
    4 hours of my life I will not get back

Stephen Moffat disappearing up his own arse as usual. 

Has David Tenant done anything good before or after Doctor Who? 

He was even crap on Broadchurch  
    I stuck it out to the bitter end despite my dislike of Moffat’s stuff. A combination of curiosity and a bit of a thing for Molly whatshername. It passed a few hours but got more bonkers  as it went on. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Inside Man - BBC

Total crap.

Agree about Inside Man. Jumped the shark in the first episode.

Tennant was good as mass murderer Dennis Nilsen, a quite enjoyed Staged along with Michael Sheen.

Just caught up with the Walk-in. Very good. Thought both Stephen Graham and his screen wife Leanne Best were great although a full on scouse couple confused a bit
    as I think the real life character SG is playing is a Lewisham boy.
    Enjoyed Walk In. SG is excellent even managed to stick it out through all the adverts. Finished Am I being Unreasonable too. Enjoyed it although once again it got sillier as it went along. Some excellent comic timing from the whole cast. 
  • Options
    I thought Broadchurch was excellent 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Inside Man - BBC

Total crap.

I'm with you on Inside Man, but Tenant was excellent in Broardchurch & the series about Dennis Nilsen
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Inside Man - BBC

Total crap.

I stuck it out to the bitter end despite my dislike of Moffat’s stuff. A combination of curiosity and a bit of a thing for Molly whatshername. It passed a few hours but got more bonkers  as it went on. 
    I watched the first episode and thought it was too daft, the bit with the vicar anyway, how they all reacted made no sense.

Gave up.
  • Options
    7 episodes through Dahmer and it's been pretty riveting viewing so far. Evan Peters is brilliant in the lead role. Unnerving at times when you think Dahmer and people like him are actually real.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Inside Man - BBC

Total crap.

I'm with you on Inside Man, but Tenant was excellent in Broardchurch & the series about Dennis Nilsen
    Agree with the Nielsen series. Still think he was average in Broadchurch but the first series was good. 
  • Options
    For all mankind on Apple TV is excellent 
  • Options
    Quite enjoying the new Fantasy Football League. They've kept it very similar to the original format.  
  • Options
    7 episodes through Dahmer and it's been pretty riveting viewing so far. Evan Peters is brilliant in the lead role. Unnerving at times when you think Dahmer and people like him are actually real.
    See i got 2 episodes in and have sacked it off, i have seen alot of hype so maybe it has affected my judgement but couldn't really get into it. I like crime documentary/ thrillers but this one i'm not too bothered about. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite enjoying the new Fantasy Football League. They've kept it very similar to the original format.  
    Even better with lots  of mentions of Charlton again :smile: The geezer who is a palace fan who wore Charlton as its where he's from/ grew up lol  

The irony they don't really talk about FF much of the show, but i enjoy it and very light hearted and fun.
  • Options
    Munich Games on Sky if you liked Fauda and Homeland.
    Industry on BBC if you liked Succession ( and are not offended by graphic sex, nudity, drugtaking and moneymaking)
  • Options
    Andor has properly slowed down this week. I get the feeling they are doing this series in 4x 3 episode mini story arcs, like they did with The Clone Wars. Not bad as an idea but ep 5 was rather slow, ep 4 introduced some more intrigue and different aspects of the larger story which made it interesting, but ep 5 really didn't add much. 
  • Options
    Just finished series 4 of Cobra Kai.
    If you'd told me before the very first episode of series one that
    I: They'd make 5 series of it, and
    ii: I'd still be watching it
    I'd have laughed out loud.

Continues to be more than watchable. Testament to the people involved.
  • Options
    i have only watched one, maybe i should re-visit
  • Options
    Just finished series 4 of Cobra Kai.
    If you'd told me before the very first episode of series one that
    I: They'd make 5 series of it, and
    ii: I'd still be watching it
    I'd have laughed out loud.

Continues to be more than watchable. Testament to the people involved.
    Cobra Kai is one of those ridiculous shows that is just fun to watch

Its a bit of nostalgia that has been created so well, you dont really care that a lot doesn't make sense

e.g. Karate Gang Warfare... Where the fuck are the police :D
  • Options
    Agreed. I started it yesterday and am one episode behind you.

The sheer level of police incompetence is astounding, as was evidenced by the actual phone call recording of the neighbour following up on the police attending a call to the block of apartments.
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendation for Walk In folks, really enjoying that. I'm firmly in the "if Stephen Graham is in it, it'll be good" camp.
  • Options
    I thought Dahmer really petered out, being non chronological it peaked early.

If you liked Dahmer, don't mind metal and have a very dark sense of humour - check out the concept album 'Dahmer' by Macabre. It also relives his life, only with songs like 'Drill bit Lobotomy' and 'Into the Toilet With You'. Has big Netflix spoilers obviously.
  • Options
    Binged Stephen Graham's new series on ITV hub yesterday and today. The walk-in, based on a true story and loosely around the Jo Cox murder. Very good. Stephen Graham was excellent as was Andrew Ellis (Gadge in This is England).
    Thanks for that Clem, I spent the entire 1st episode thinking "I know I recognise him, but where on earth from". I know it's on ITV hub, but I think I'm going to watch it on broadcast schedule to space out the general grimness.
    As for Inside Man, I actually quite enjoyed it, although I felt like it was more crime drama done as farce, rather than straight, because
    of the way that the protagonists piled stupid decision upon stupid decision, and things spiralled more and more out of control. In that respect it kind of reminded me of the Fargo TV series, but significantly less bloody.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Old Man on Disney+ Is excellent so far. 
    Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. 
    Very good. 
  • Options
    Andor has properly slowed down this week. I get the feeling they are doing this series in 4x 3 episode mini story arcs, like they did with The Clone Wars. Not bad as an idea but ep 5 was rather slow, ep 4 introduced some more intrigue and different aspects of the larger story which made it interesting, but ep 5 really didn't add much. 
    Totally agree, it was one of the dullest filler episodes I have watched across any SW series. F**k all happened, other than them start their journey to the Imperial base and seeing a Tie fighter swoop low ground. I hope it picks up. 

On another note, I never thought I would be watching any Marvel content and feel the need to give up She-Hulk - fcuk off! So p*ssed as I love Marvel in general.
  • Options
    Just finished Welcome to Wrexham, brilliant documentary style show. Here is an interesting twitter thread about it if you have not seen it, genius marketing. I recommend checking out Ryan Reynolds on his Youtube channel to see his clever marketing, he has used that wisely and Rob is a great writer in his own right. 

• Options
    Just started Wreck on BBC iPlayer. Lasted 20 mins. What a load of tosh. Save yourselves the time and don’t bother. 
  • Options
    Really enjoying Dahmer,what a dangerous world we live in 
  • Options
    doronron said:
    Really enjoying Dahmer,what a dangerous world we live in 
    I couldn't get into it, usually like a crime/thriller, watched 2 episodes and wasn't for me. 
  • Options
    Catching up on the latest series of SAS Who Dares Wins celeb version. It's hilarious what these "celebs" are celebs for. So far I've seen TV personality, reality TV star (x about 5) and influencer. Still, I usually find the show good entertainment and even seeing a couple of TOWIE plebs dealing with CS gas makes you wince.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Just finished ‘When Eagles Dare’ about Palace on Amazon Prime. I didn’t expect to enjoy it given the history & rivalry etc but found myself quite emotional when drawing the parallel between their rise to the Premier League and ours under Curbs. Can’t help feeling extremely jealous at seeing a fanatical Ownership consortium who genuinely seem likeable, honest, passionate. It feels like a lifetime ago that everything they are experiencing now was ours. Heartbreaking really. 

I hadn’t realised they had gone through 2 administrations albeit I knew about Ron Noades owning the stadium and training ground. It was lucky for them that those assets ended up owned by Lloyds Bank as it was evidently easier to reacquire them for a good price than it will ever be with Roland owning ours. 

I reflect on our days living the high life in the top league with a great bunch of skilled, hardworking, team-focused, decent players and feeling part of something fantastic that many of our current fan base have never experienced. It still leaves me feeling sad though as what might have been with a few different twists of fate. It’s extra hard this season when I genuinely feel that our club is at rock bottom with little hope or realistic aspirations in what is the current period of us being in the worst league position in our 117 year history. 

Put aside any hatred of Palace and watch this 5-part documentary. I challenge you not to admire every single one of their players and even Steve Parish, the likes of whom we could only dream of as the owner of CAFC. Is he (or she) out there?
    Just put it on and fuck knows how you did 5 parts. I lasted 3 minutes. Just can’t put my hatred to one side. Utter utter muglets. 
  • Options
    Totally agree, it was one of the dullest filler episodes I have watched across any SW series. F**k all happened, other than them start their journey to the Imperial base and seeing a Tie fighter swoop low ground. I hope it picks up. 

On another note, I never thought I would be watching any Marvel content and feel the need to give up She-Hulk - fcuk off! So p*ssed as I love Marvel in general.
    I loved it!
    As did I love Ms Marvel which I really didn’t think I would.
    I then discovered Agent Carter……..how on earth did I miss that? Fecking ace, I adore her. I haven’t finished series 2 yet so no spoilers.
    Can’t bring myself to watch Loki yet as I’m not a great fan of Huddlestone 🤔