Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just finished The Watcher on Netflix. Exciting enough and not too many episodes. Solid 6/10
  • Options
    Gangs of London season 2 out. Really enjoyed the 1st one
  • Options
    Gangs of London season 2 out. Really enjoyed the 1st one
    They made a second series of it? Really?

Thought it was shocking and the lead actor was horrendous.
    I’m not a huge fan of Joe Cole. I love Peaky Blinders but I don’t think he’s a great actor. 

Gangs of London decent enough, some brutal scenes. 
  • Options
    Gangs of London is classic Sky produced style over substance. It looks amazing and has some incredibly beautifully shot set pieces but its utter nonsense, non existent plot, no characters to give a shit about, everyone is horrible apart from maybe Luan and even then I don't care.  

• Options
    I’m watching the latest/last Twin Peaks at the mo. 
    No idea what’s going on at all but am really enjoying it….
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Just binged The Watcher. Seven episodes in two days. Great entertainment. 
    Agree, just finished it (Netflix). 
  • Options
    Watched all 6 episodes of  " SAS Rogue Heroes" on iPlayer and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Based on the truth & as such, informative, but also touching & humorous in places with good actors.

Hoping for a 2nd series.
  • Options
    Just watched the first two episodes of Old Man on Disney +. Really good so far and Jeff Bridges is amazing.
  • Options
    Watched all 6 episodes of  " SAS Rogue Heroes" on iPlayer and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Based on the truth & as such, informative, but also touching & humorous in places with good actors.

Hoping for a 2nd series.
    this .. and in total contrast, 'The Devil's Hour' is (i m o) a compelling and 'different' psychcodrama/cops and villains series on Amazon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hoping for a 2nd series.
    this .. and in total contrast, 'The Devil's Hour' is (i m o) a compelling and 'different' psychcodrama/cops and villains series on Amazon
    I’m not getting on with SAS Rogue heroes although Mrs SB is a fan. I can see what they are trying to do with the humour etc but I just can’t develop any lining whatsoever for any of the main characters. I need to find something I can get into. The Jeff Bridges thing on Disney is my next port of call. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Watching Red light, one of the Walter presents series, excellent...
    Thanks for this, it was good apart from the ending, which seems to be the norm these days.

Even better imo was Finnish drama Arctic Circle. About sex trafficking and a deadly virus. Excellent and the leading lady is drop dead gorgeous.

• Options
    'Somewhere Boy' - not bad.
    'The Walk In' - a bit depressing.
    Enjoying watching the 3rd series of 'The Detectorists' (4) which is a bit slow but kinda cool...and free!
  • Options
    Fort Salem on BBC 3. Some good ideas but a lot of the acting ain’t up to much and it’s SO American. To be fair, it is actually American. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I watched the first Enola Holmes film and thought it was kind of OK, but dear god the latest one I had to stop watching.
    The acting from the lead is totally appalling, derived, lazy, no creativity, no originality, in a film that tried to throw everything in the pot and the result is a dog’s dinner of rubbish. Indulgent rubbish. Expensive indulgent rubbish.
    Whoever wrote, directed and participated in this should be sued for theft from others, not least the absolutely appalling acting by Millie Bobby Brown.
    I suspect she can do better, but she needs to learn the craft. I imagine loads of people saying to her ‘marvellous darling’ instead of helping her explore her endlessly poor acting decisions.
    Not recommended.
  • Options
    Enjoying watching the 3rd series of 'The Detectorists' (4) which is a bit slow but kinda cool...and free!
    The Detectorists is very gentle and beautifully written - one of my favourite comedies of all time.
    Totally agree. A left field gem.

• Options
    The Detectorists is very gentle and beautifully written - one of my favourite comedies of all time.
    absolutely, so good
  • Options
    I thought Enola Holmes 2 was decent enough, some lighthearted fun. MBB is excellent in Stranger Things so the acting comments above are very harsh. Thought she did a decent enough job with what she was given in EH2, i cant imagine it’s easy to put in a great performance when you’re constantly talking directly to the audience.
  • Options
    Andor has been really good. Head and shoulders above the other Star Wars TV show output for actual quality of acting/script. Proves you can make a show in that universe without the need to stick in a load of fanboy references.

Thought Rogue Heroes was OK. Think it could have been done a lot better if it wasn't a Steven Knight show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I watched the first Enola Holmes film and thought it was kind of OK, but dear god the latest one I had to stop watching.
    The acting from the lead is totally appalling, derived, lazy, no creativity, no originality, in a film that tried to throw everything in the pot and the result is a dog’s dinner of rubbish. Indulgent rubbish. Expensive indulgent rubbish.
    Whoever wrote, directed and participated in this should be sued for theft from others, not least the absolutely appalling acting by Millie Bobby Brown.
    I suspect she can do better, but she needs to learn the craft. I imagine loads of people saying to her ‘marvellous darling’ instead of helping her explore her endlessly poor acting decisions.
    Not recommended.
    I quite enjoyed it!  It's nothing amazing but it was half decent easy watching.
  • Options
    Andor has been brilliant - apart from one episode which was totally unnecessary filler (ep5 i think it was) the show has been excellent, and the recent 3 episode story arc has been absolutely top notch.

If you're really into Star Wars stuff and some of the animated shows, Tales of the Jedi was similarly brilliant.
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of The English last night. A western made by the BBC and starring Emily (Mary Poppins) Blunt. Although Ms Blunt is playing an English noble woman, many of the other parts are Brits/Irish playing yanks and mangling their words so much it's hard to understand what they are saying. That said, the actor playing her Pawnee scout protector is fine as the stoic male lead...and his knife throwing skills are awesome. The (Spanish) scenery and skies are stunning and I think I shall enjoy the remaining episodes. For real pedants, spot the cap badge turnaround in the first five minutes of the episode.  
  • Options
    Another vote for The Bear on Disney+. I'm 4 episodes in and really enjoying it
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    absolutely, so good

Looking forward to the Xmas special of this excellent series. 
  • Options
    Save our squad with Beckham on Disney. Just finished it, decent watch. He helps with an u14 team in east London, some great little characters on it.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    absolutely, so good

Look forward to the upcoming special.
  • Options
    Save our squad with Beckham on Disney. Just finished it, decent watch. He helps with an u14 team in east London, some great little characters on it.
    Beckham, Qatar, boo
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Not recommended.
    Maybe constantly having to break the fourth wall isn't her thing.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    absolutely, so good

Look forward to the upcoming special.
    Oooh didn’t know that, excellent