Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just caught up with the final few episodes of Stranger things, season 4.  Immense.  To deliver the final 3 episodes in what were essentially films given the lengths they went on for was class 

I didn’t know there was going to be a 5th season so thought they were gearing up to the big ending for good, but then right at the end they throw that last scene in.

I thought the Vegna character and the linkage back to the beginning was great writing 
  • Options
    Inside No.9 Christmas Special 22nd 9pm BBC2.
  • Options
    Watched Rosie Molly Gives up Everything this week, Sheridan Smith comedy. A short binge, on sky demand.

It was ok, nothing amazing but as i quite like her i enjoyed it and Its about someone who binges on drugs/alchohol and everyone tries to get her to go to AA or stop, quirky and something light to watch. Only 6 episodes so if you are looking for a short binge.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    1899 on Netflix. Created by the same team on Dark. Binged it all in two days. A mystery set about a cruise liner. Some may find it a bit slow but I enjoyed it.
    We binge watched it too, johnny.

Not sure why we stuck with it, especially as we gave up with Dark ages ago after the first couple of episodes.

Have to admit I used Wikipedia several times whilst watching to clarify my thoughts as to what exactly was going on...but it didn't help much.

Once the 8th episode had been viewed, I read a synopsis online which "explained" the scenario...I think ! 

Worth watching IMO but don't expect to be any the wiser as to what was happening throughout once it's ended.
    Watched the first episode last night and thought it was a big stinking turd of a programme. 

Poorly acted, not a jot of tension and no characters that intrigued. 

The missus read a synopsis of the rest of the series today and don’t think we will  bother with another episode 
  • Options
    I finished the English.

Did they run out of budget? Should of been at least 2 more episodes. So many decent characters getting nowhere near enough airtime or development, the last episode was really rushed as well.

Shame as it had a lot of potential and Blunt is great.
  • Options
    Not new but watched Band of Brothers again in a day and half.

Absolutely incredible and a must watch if you’ve never seen it.
    One of the greatest ever series.

Give The Pacific a go next. Not on the same level but still very good.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Not new but watched Band of Brothers again in a day and half.

Absolutely incredible and a must watch if you’ve never seen it.
    One of the greatest ever series.

Give The Pacific a go next. Not on the same level but still very good.
    Yeah I watched the pacific when it first aired. Thought the same, good but not near BoB. 
  • Options
    Band of brothers was incredible, the realism, the acting and whilst some of the scenes were done a little bit with poetic licence and played fast and loose with strategy (soldiers wondering why they were being shelled whilst walking around only a rivers width away from the enemy with no thought for the tactical situation is the biggie) the bits at the start and end of the episodes with cpt Richard Winters and his fellow company members were amazing 
  • Options
    I finished the English.

Did they run out of budget? Should of been at least 2 more episodes. So many decent characters getting nowhere near enough airtime or development, the last episode was really rushed as well.

BBC which always seems to limit itself to 6 episodes. I agree, the last episode seemed massively rushed and had far too much going on across multiple timelines and locations. Still, a great series, beautifully shot and Blunt was perfect. 
  • Options
    Jints said:
    I finished the English.

BBC which always seems to limit itself to 6 episodes. I agree, the last episode seemed massively rushed and had far too much going on across multiple timelines and locations. Still, a great series, beautifully shot and Blunt was perfect. 
    Agree with these comments. All a bit of a mess at the end which is a shame because the first two or three episodes were top notch. A major character was disposed of by a passing comment from his cowboys. Has to be the longest goodbye scene ever recorded...and still don't get why they had to part but hey ho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Inside No.9 Christmas Special 22nd 9pm BBC2.
    Thought it was decent, a few.scares. I just wonder what they could do with a longer episode? Appreciate they pack more ideas into half an hour than most manage in a series... But a feature length migh be interesting 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I do don’t know if it’s been mentioned before but Bad Sisters on Apple TV is very good. Binged 10 episodes over two nights. 5 Irish sisters one married to a complete cnut so the other 4 set about trying to kill him . Set in Dublin. Sharon Horgan.
  • Options
    ER
    Have you forgotten what you was going to say? ;-)
    Comes with age Ha
  • Options
    Currently hooked on The Traitors. I normally hate reality TV but this is tip top only halfway through so no spoilers please 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Currently hooked on The Traitors. I normally hate reality TV but this is tip top only halfway through so no spoilers please 
    I'm three episodes in as well and now wishing I started earlier as trying to avoid spoilers like the plague!!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    McBobbin said:
    I'm three episodes in as well and now wishing I started earlier as trying to avoid spoilers like the plague!!
    Didn't think I would enjoy this but finding it pretty gripping...

• Options
    Currently working through andor - really good so far and not super reliant on all the old star wars tropes!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Very rarely watch TV series, but really really looking forward to The Last of Us, adapted from the PlayStation game.
    Airing 15th Jan.

Good cast (couple of actors from GoT) and directed by the guy behind Chernobyl.
  • Options
    Nobody watched Litvinenko,(ITV) then? Not Christmas viewing, but well worth your time. 

I also enjoyed Playlist, the Netflix drama-doc about Spotify, although I’m going to get hold of the book, as apparently Netflix took some liberties with the facts.

Deadwind S2 (Finnish female cop drama) is pretty good, quite popular in these parts. 
  • Options
    Nobody watched Litvinenko,(ITV) then? Not Christmas viewing, but well worth your time. 

I also enjoyed Playlist, the Netflix drama-doc about Spotify, although I’m going to get hold of the book, as apparently Netflix took some liberties with the facts.

Deadwind S2 (Finnish female cop drama) is pretty good, quite popular in these parts. 
    Yep seen all of those and all very good.

On Amazon I've been watching a Canadian programme called The Border. Half way through the third and final series. Really enjoying it. It's about their Immigration and Customs service. Good characters, who you get to know as each series is 12 episodes long. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Series 3 of Jack Ryan out on Amazon. 4 episodes in and enjoying it. The usual country hoping far fetched action stuff.
  • Options
    Got three months free Apple TV with my new iPhone so am bingeing a few things.  Ted Lasso is great. Cliché city but very well done and light hearted entertainment. The second season is getting a bit odd but I’m still enjoying it.  Not quite getting into Slow Horses as easily as I thought I would but I’ll persevere. Oldman is very good. 
  • Options
    Treason. Slow burner but got better after a few episodes. A few holes in the plot and poor characterisation for some of the actors, but watchable. 5/10

Netflix
  • Options
    The Recruit. CIA lawyer getting into improbable situations but another one that's very watchable and the acting and characterisations infinitely better than Treason. 

Netflix 6/10
  • Options
    Half Bad (The bastard son & the devil himself)

Watchable witchy thingy,  lots of gore.
     Netflix
    5/10
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Got three months free Apple TV with my new iPhone so am bingeing a few things.  Ted Lasso is great. Cliché city but very well done and light hearted entertainment. The second season is getting a bit odd but I’m still enjoying it.  Not quite getting into Slow Horses as easily as I thought I would but I’ll persevere. Oldman is very good. 
    Severance and Mythic Quest are two or my favs on there.