Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Bored with the endless repetitive Netflix narratives I’ve started on the original series of Twin Peaks , it’s brilliant to watch.
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    Bored with the endless repetitive Netflix narratives I’ve started on the original series of Twin Peaks , it’s brilliant to watch.
    God I loved Twin Peaks.
  • Options
    4 episodes into series 3 of the boys - obviously i know what kind of show it is, having seen the first two series, but jesus the start of the series reminds you, if you'd forgotten! 
  • Options
    jams said:
    4 episodes into series 3 of the boys - obviously i know what kind of show it is, having seen the first two series, but jesus the start of the series reminds you, if you'd forgotten! 
    Yep that's how I felt too, started watching s3 last week too. The scene with the octopus was classic Boys too I thought
  • Options
    behind the curve as usual, but approaching the end of Ozark series 2. It's running out of steam, is series 3 worth it?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I might be the only one here who quite enjoyed Marriage (apart from that overly loud annoying theme music). 

It portrayed how some of my older friends actually live, without the wife or husband trying to sugarcoat the scenario by constantly referencing how "amazing" the other person at home is, or how sexy they are. For that insight and laughs at items like jacket potato, revitalising shower gel and type of chicken, I found it a good watch (but my brain might have self-adjusted it's genre to a comedy!).
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    behind the curve as usual, but approaching the end of Ozark series 2. It's running out of steam, is series 3 worth it?
    Yes. Stick with it. Series 2 picks up. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Season 3 introduces you to one of the most pointless characters ever introduced in to a series.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I’d argue it never really picks up at all in any season . I watched them all but only because after a while I felt I had to see it through. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've just finished Better Call Saul, think it was brilliant, the finale especially.

This will be divisive but I personally enjoyed it more than Breaking Bad.
    I'm still trying to recover from the complete shiteness that was Breaking Bad. So much so that it's holding me back from starting Better Call Saul as I can't shake the feeling that it's going to be just as cack.

Burn the heretic!
    :D

Fully appreciate that I'm an outlier in that regard but it just didn't do anything for me. Should have finished a season earlier.
    Yeah I agree... the last season spoiled it for me, don't think I even watched the final two episodes.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I’d argue it never really picks up at all in any season . I watched them all but only because after a while I felt I had to see it through. 
    I gave up after a couple of episodes of season 3.
  • Options
    I’m surprised, I loved Ozark 
  • Options
    The series with her brother nearly killed it off for me. Really had to just push through that series and get to the final series. 
  • Options
    Ozark was great but season 4 felt a bit rushed compared to previous seasons
  • Options
    Ozark is good but its one of those that I go back to when there's nothing else on, so it can't be amazing. Enjoyable though
  • Options
    Anyone watch any of the subtitled, Walter Presents, stuff on channel four? Looking for some good recommendations? Cheers
  • Options
    Anyone watch any of the subtitled, Walter Presents, stuff on channel four? Looking for some good recommendations? Cheers
    Walter presents, series 1, The King of Warsaw was good, currently watching Trom on BBC4 which seems good with one episode watched.
  • Options
    Currently really enjoying Shetland, last series with Perez as the lead, and The Great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched the first two episodes of Welcome to Wrexham. Really well done and looks like it’s gonna be a good series.
    Just started it, f*cking excellent so far!
  • Options
    ReaValleyGary said:
    Watched the first two episodes of Welcome to Wrexham. Really well done and looks like it’s gonna be a good series.
    Really enjoyed it! Thought both Rob and Ryan came across really well in it too, and didn't make the show all about them as well which is good to see.
  • Options
    Only connect back tonight. And university bellend. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    House of the Dragon (sky/Demand) 
    A bit slow so far, half watched the first 2 episodes as it wasn't really engaging much, hopeful it will kick into gear but disappointed so far
  • Options
    2 episodes in so far and The Blackbird on Apple TV is really good.
  • Options
    Thank you to people posting what platform the shows are on, very much appreciated. 

A new series of Brassic starts on Sky soon so I'm rewatching the previous to refresh my memory. This show makes me cry with laughter! 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Thank you to people posting what platform the shows are on, very much appreciated. 

A new series of Brassic starts on Sky soon so I'm rewatching the previous to refresh my memory. This show makes me cry with laughter!

Not sure why this posted twice, sorry. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Welcome to Wrexham (Disney+)

Just watched the first two episodes - Really enjoyed it so far.

Have always been a fan of Ryan Reynolds (who isn't), so would like to see Wrexham do well, and keeping an eye on the project - I like what Ryan and Rob said at the start, where if it doesnt work, they cant run and hide... Yeah its all scripted but its so true, if they dont achieve the targets the fans have, they wont be at all popular.

Does have a similar feel to the Sunderland Til I Die Documentary, I've not watched any of the Amazon ones.

Nice as well they didnt gloss over 2020/21, its not like they won promotion last season either - But in a brutal way for Paul Rutherford and Dean Keates, it was good to explain how their first (half) season went as owners as well.

Looking forward to hearing Phil Parkinson when he comes in, and potentially Harry Lennon
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the first two episodes.  Liked how they came across as so nervous before the video call and vote, not assuming it'll be a yes etc.  I'd not seen anything of Rob McElhenney before, but he came across well, and Ryan Reynolds always does.

Was interesting to know they'd never met in person before the purchase.

Didn't feel that harsh on Dean Keates - they gave hin a chance rather than getting rid straight away, and he couldn't get 7th.  I'm not sure him.or the players can complain too much at just not getting a new contract.

Second season and the final game of it will be interesting to watch.
  • Options
    The Suspect. ITV series that started last night looks worth watching. A promising first episode.