Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• We have been watching The Staircase on Sky Atlantic.

8 part series.
    We have watched 6 so far, and I am really enjoy it.
    I would certainly recommend it.
    Agreed. 
    Colin Firth is excellent, but almost everybody in The Staircase is deeply unlikeable, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. 
  • We binged on the final parts of Ozark last night & enjoyed it immensely.

Now that's done & dusted , we'll be starting on series 4 of Stranger Things & going by Lifers' comments , it will be worth waiting for. 
  • edited June 2022
    I’m blitzing Danny Boyle’s ‘Pistol’ at the moment. Was dreading it, as I was a fan, and worked on the fringes of that scene for a time, and expected it to be hideously corny, or exaggerated, or just crass.  But actually I think they’ve pulled it off very well. 
    The actors had to learn their instruments (as they did in the Ian Curtis/Joy Division biopic ‘Control’), and have pretty well nailed their sound. 
    Even the guy playing Rotten has captured some of his charisma and manic intensity. 
    Good to see the likes of Jordan, Siouxsie and Helen of Troy in there too. The actor from About a Boy plays McLaren, and despite what they said in the Guardian, they’ve captured his mannerisms and speech patters pretty well, even though he looks too young. 
    The Bill Grundy scene is almost spooky in the way it was recreated. 
    Last couple of episodes coming up, and I’m expecting them to be a bit of a downer as it’s Sid and Nancy, and the break up.
  • 2 more series of inside no 9 confirmed by the BBC
  • Craving more Obi-Wan - unsurprised on pacing in Ep 1 - brings to life just how monotonous the former Jedi’s life had become as he patiently await’s Luke’s adulthood. A huge sacrifice in itself while he remains tormented by the events of the past.

Ep2 really picked up the pace quicker than I had anticipated and it was a fascinating watch, seeing Obi, John Wick style…

The platform is now there, for four rollicking episodes and one or more lightsaber duels.

My only gripe is the ‘death’ of one character. If it is a genuine character death, Disney have decided to divert from existing canon for the first time, which I hope is not the case, as it will undermine the enjoyment of another series they are already within (some years later…). 
    Well, I really enjoyed that and thankfully only half way through. This is well made Star Wars TV and right up there with Mando for me.
    I've not watched the last one yet but I haven't been impressed at all this series. Enjoyed only one of them really, three were watchable but hated two. Won't write it off yet as generally it's been great tv, just hope it's not run it's course. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’m blitzing Danny Boyle’s ‘Pistol’ at the moment. Was dreading it, as I was a fan, and worked on the fringes of that scene for a time, and expected it to be hideously corny, or exaggerated, or just crass.  But actually I think they’ve pulled it off very well. 
    The actors had to learn their instruments (as they did in the Ian Curtis/Joy Division biopic ‘Control’), and have pretty well nailed their sound. 
    Even the guy playing Rotten has captured some of his charisma and manic intensity. 
    Good to see the likes of Jordan, Siouxsie and Helen of Troy in there too. The actor from About a Boy plays McLaren, and despite what they said in the Guardian, they’ve captured his mannerisms and speech patters pretty well, even though he looks too young. 
    Last couple of episodes coming up, and I’m expecting them to be a bit of a downer as it’s Sid and Nancy, and the break up.
    That’s good to hear. I too was dreading this especially after Johnny’s dismissal of it. 
  • That 4th episode of Stranger Things blew me away. Amazing.
  • kafka said:
    JamesSeed said:
    That’s good to hear. I too was dreading this especially after Johnny’s dismissal of it. 
    Where do we find this?
  • edited June 2022
    Old Enough! on Netflix. Japanese. Short & sweet 10-15 minute episodes, perfect if you need something to fill the gap between getting in bed and falling asleep.

"Children aged 2-5 go on errands by themselves for the very first time as a camera crew follows along. They shop, go to markets, visit shrines and talk to shopkeepers."
  • Sponsored links:

• All caught up on Stranger Things now 

Absolutely fantastic tv. Some genuine shit your pants and leap off the sofa moments 
  • Obviously against the grain here, but I am finding this series of Stranger Things a bit meh. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Obviously against the grain here, but I am finding this series of Stranger Things a bit meh. 
    The bits I initially found fairly dull involved Eleven but that got sorted in quite a dramatic way. I'll be interested to see how they can wrap everything up in July 
  • New series of The Boys out on Amazon, 3 episodes released. If you've watched previous series you'll know there's a lot of gore, swearing and (deliberate) ridiculousness but it is actually telling a god story as well.
  • New series of Stranger Things had been great so far, right up there with there best - just on ep 5.

Kenobi started well but ep 3 was brilliant.

All my favourite tv shows have come at once - need to watch The Boys aswell! 
  • kafka said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Where do we find this?
    Disney+
    I've not watched the last one yet but I haven't been impressed at all this series. Enjoyed only one of them really, three were watchable but hated two. Won't write it off yet as generally it's been great tv, just hope it's not run it's course. 
    Been a bit hit and miss but the last episode Wise Owl was superb
  • The boys is on my list.
    My mate was raving about it the other day
  • Just started Slow Horses - very good, apart from a few mistakes
  • Sponsored links:

• The Boys is as mental as ever so far. Love it.
  • The boys is on my list.
    My mate was raving about it the other day
    Won't be for everyone but I love it. 
  • Just finished Ozark having avoided any spoilers for the second half of the final series. 

Thought it ended well. 
  • Just started Slow Horses - very good, apart from a few mistakes
    I finished it but I have to say I never really warmed to it. I found it a bit odd. 
  • Just started s4 of Stranger Things and enjoying so far, but can't help but feel like episodes over an hour are a bit much?
  • Potentially great joy for Scandi fans ( and anyone who enjoys political dramA and can do subtitles)

Borgen is back! This time as a Netflix production. I hope they didnt enforce too much change on the style and story lines. 

Available Thursday apparently. 
    Binge watched the whole lot twice already!

Elsker lidt scandi
  • Croydon said:
    Just started s4 of Stranger Things and enjoying so far, but can't help but feel like episodes over an hour are a bit much?
    Episode 4 is the best TV ive watched in ages
  • Really enjoyed series 4 on Stranger Things, set up so well for the 2 episodes in a month's time.

We rewatched the 3 other series before that and one thing I noticed:

Billy dying and Hopper ending up in Russia was completely Suzie's fault.  If she'd have just given Dustin Planck's Constant when he asked the first time instead of making him sing for it, Hopper and Joyce would have turned it all off before the Russian Terminator guy stopped Hopper, and Billy was still carrying Eleven back to the Mind Flayer at that point.

• Severance is the best thing I've seen for years
  • Severance is the best thing I've seen for years
    Loved it. Excellent final episodes, can't wait for the next lot