Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Under 21 manager - Nathan Jones (ed. Moved to Brighton)

Comments

• Options
    Well I suppose on the basis of that you can understand his move.

He's been at Brighton before and it looks like he's moving back into senior coaching rather than an academy role. Sounds like it could be a change in career direction rather than a sign of impending doom. Still disappointing that we are as always the last to hear.
  • Options
    Ross said:

So, we find out someone has left the club by looking at the jobs section on the OS, then the other club announce he has joined them, all the while our club still hasn't said anything about him leaving the club......

Rich Cawley at the South Millwall Press is currently the source of all official Charlton communication FACT

Our press man is still in Spain, as the club could only afford to buy him a one-way ticket.

Everyone else is still on holiday.

(Smiley winky thingy)

• Options
    Here we go with another "lets moan at the board" discussion. There will be some sort of announcement on the website I'm sure, but the priority is still to fill the position.

I agree that the OS should be the first place to reveal such information, but the same old whinging does become tiresome.
  • Options
    I'm sure he was in the dugout at Bromley on Tuesday so this must have happened very quickly.
  • Options
    Don't know the background to this story but want to wish Nathan all the best for the future following the sterling work he did with our lads last season.

Sorry to see him go.
  • Options
    Sorry to see him go but this is clearly an opportunity that he couldn't turn down
  • Options
    Andy Hughes is doing his badges and appears highly thought of off the pitch.

Has this opportunity arisen too soon for him?
  • Options
    If he has handed in his notice, to move on, I don't see why the club has to make an announcement.

If I was to leave my job, I don't see why my employer would advertise to every Tom, Dick and Harry that I'd left.

I would expect them to announce to appointment of whoever was to take my place.

No everything has to be a conspiracy.

I have a huge respect for what Nathan has done for our academy, and wish him the best for the future.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I would like Hughes to take on the role as a player coach with a view to becoming full time into Jones' role with us next summer
  • Options

If he has handed in his notice, to move on, I don't see why the club has to make an announcement.

If I was to leave my job, I don't see why my employer would advertise to every Tom, Dick and Harry that I'd left.

I have a huge respect for what Nathan has done for our academy, and wish him the best for the future.

I think its out of courtesy to the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure they will acknowledge it on the site.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Of course they will.

Now it is public knowledge...

• Options
    edited July 2013

Rob62 said:

Of course they will.

Now it is public knowledge...

I'm sure they will have always planned to. Brighton haven't announced anything officially yet, these things are almost always announced simultaneously by clubs.
  • Options
    Today's "would ya ? '"

If you were offered a pay rise to go back to your old workplace, where there has been a change of boss - would you take it ?
  • Options
    Azeez could have gone to Goals after all!
  • Options

to be fair, if i handed in my notice my employer would not tell every tom, dick or harry...they would however tell our customers..as a fan i would like to think of myself as a customer and the easiest way to announce it is on the website. Does seem odd not to have been
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    social media, news etc happens very quickly, perhaps announcing hires is more important than departures
  • Options
    Len...Hughesy is a great shout, hadn't considered this.
    Definitely respected and liked by academy and players, therefore no settling in, no cautiousness from players to a new face and my guess would probably approach coaching with same philosophy as Nathan, they are similar well respected hard working players...could he combine it with playing for 1st team I like seeing him in the squad :)
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Azeez could have gone to Goals after all!

ha ha ...probably did anyway !
  • Options
    edited July 2013

to be fair, if i handed in my notice my employer would not tell every tom, dick or harry...they would however tell our customers..as a fan i would like to think of myself as a customer and the easiest way to announce it is on the website. Does seem odd not to have been
    My boss would throw a feckin party............... ;)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well there goes our reserve full back! Euell could move up from the u18s if they want a seamless integration but presumably they don't as if they were going to appoint from within why advertise the role?

I do think its odd that the club didn't announce his departure before advertising the role. Surely you would want to control the announcement of this rather than it coming out in the way it has. If for no other reason than it helps publicize that the role is vacant! Do the club employ a PR?

Anyway, good luck to Nathan Jones, judging on his brief time with us I think he has a bright future in the game.
  • Options

Well there goes our reserve full back! Euell could move up from the u18s if they want a seamless integration but presumably they don't as if they were going to appoint from within why advertise the role?

I do think its odd that the club didn't announce his departure before advertising the role. Surely you would want to control the announcement of this rather than it coming out in the way it has. If for no other reason than it helps publicize that the role is vacant! Do the club employ a PR?

Anyway, good luck to Nathan Jones, judging on his brief time with us I think he has a bright future in the game.

Aren't there laws with regards to advertising job roles, even if you know you want to hire internally? My employment law isn't as sharp as it could be.
  • Options
    Move Andy Hughes up a peg?
  • Options
    we can't move Hughes up if we still consider him worthy as a player.
  • Options
    Jason Euell?
  • Options
    Definitely a big loss to us given all that he achieved with the U21s in their League, Cup & Kent Cup success. Sounds like a great opportunity for him...a former club, still has property in the area, played in Spain earlier in his career & speaks the manager's language & a step up to seniors.

ChicagoAddick's blog suggests that the Turkish trip was paid for personally by the way. He also picks out Hughesy, which is a great shout.

All the best at Brighton, Nathan...too short a time here, but you left a great impression.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Ben Hamer ‏@BenHamer21 12m

@cocowasp #shipjumper

Ben Roberts ‏@BenJamesRoberts 34m

@cocowasp Wind your neck in please Judas & tweet your left back society! X
  • Options
    Still nothing on the OS?
  • Options
    Nathan Jones ‏@cocowasp 16h
    Been overwhelmed wit all messages,I've been blessed with best year of my life, sad to leave @CAFCofficial but excited for challenge at BHAFC

Had a great 1st day,took 1st session,good meeting,paint balling,traditional dinner and sang my song, medley #LaBamba #500miles #algoparatodo

Jus wanna say thank u to all @CAFCofficial for the most amazing time,great club,fans,staff,players and most importantly my boys #EDS #loveya
  • Options

we can't move Hughes up if we still consider him worthy as a player.

Fair point, he maybe up front with Yann soon.