Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Beckham

13»

Comments

• Options
    Milan couldn't get anywhere near his pay levels so he chose to stay in US. If he really wanted to `get the feck out' as you keep saying i'm sure he could of. He didn't.

As for the Olympics, of course he wanted to be involved, we all know that....but do you really believe that if he could have the option now of handing back all his Galaxy wages for a run-out at the Olympics he'd take it? No, nor do I.
  • Options
    We'll be playing Uruguay in the group, there overaged players are like to include Saurez and Carviani
    Spot on. Other countries will put in their best players. Spain will have players that play on Sunday in the squad.
  • Options
    We'll be playing Uruguay in the group, there overaged players are like to include Saurez and Carviani
    Spot on. Other countries will put in their best players. Spain will have players that play on Sunday in the squad.
    I'd be amazed if they have anyone that plays on Sunday in the squad.

• Options
    What else has he `missed out on' then?
    Finishing his career at the top level of football, more England caps.

More caps? He crawled past the two Bobbies with a load of ten minute cameo appearances. It would have been a travesty if he'd overhauled Shilts, given the difference in minutes spent on the pitch.

• Options
    Milan couldn't get anywhere near his pay levels so he chose to stay in US. If he really wanted to `get the feck out' as you keep saying i'm sure he could of. He didn't.

As for the Olympics, of course he wanted to be involved, we all know that....but do you really believe that if he could have the option now of handing back all his Galaxy wages for a run-out at the Olympics he'd take it? No, nor do I.
    Oh, do leave it out, read the Telegraph article again properly.

The move to Milan broke down because they would not pay the fee demanded by LAG, it was nothing to do with Beckham's wage demands.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=616973&cc=3436

He signed a 5 year deal with LAG and they held him to it, something he was obviously not thrilled about since he had two separate loans with Milan and tried to arrange similar deals with Spurs and PSG.

He could not get out of LAG unless they accepted a fee - and they turned down 14 million from Milan - or granted him a release, something they were unwilling to do for their prized possession, so he had to stay put.

Once he writes his post retirement autobiography I would bet my balls that Beckham admits the move to LA was a huge professional mistake.

• Options
    Juan Mata is in the Olympic squad for Spain, the other two are likely to be Busquets and Rodriguez. Jordi Alba and Javier Martinez are also likely to play in the Olympics for Spain.

The Brazil squad includes the like of Neymar and Pato, and there over 23's list is Chelsea defender David Luiz, AC Milan defender Thiago Silva, Barcelona defender Daniel Alves, Real Madrid defender Marcelo, FC Porto striker Hulk and Botafogo goalkeeper Jefferson.

• Options
    Believe what you like Ormiston...I can't be arsed anymore.
  • Options
    From the very same Telegrapgh article....

"Beckham also stressed that the increased quality and intensity of the competition in Italy has proved to him just how much his game was deteriorating in the United States.

“The training regime has helped and so has the fact that the coach has thrown me into the team straight away,” he said.

“Both physically and in terms of my confidence that was the best thing for me.

“It’s amazing but when I arrived at Milan’s training camp in Dubai my body fat index was 13.7 per cent, but when I was tested the other day it was down to 8.5 per cent. Everything I’m doing at the moment is benefiting me."

So the player has admitted that 1 year playing in the MLS his fitness was rapidly getting worse & affecting his game. That was Feb 2009....over 3 years later & 3 years older everyone thinks he'll be in peak physical condition to play?

If he can't be picked on merit then he shouldn't be there.
  • Options
    If Beckham wanted to get out of LA so badly why did he extend his contract with them? He doesn't need the money, he could have terminated his own contract and signed for someone else. Like I said, he's been a great ambassador for the sport and for Britain, he would be a good influence to the under 23's in the squd and his set pieces are still world class. Take him, play him, then let him retire and pick up his knighthood
  • Options
    Boo hoo hoo. Support Pearce on this, Beckham's had his glory days. He'd only milk it to make even more money. I for one am glad he's lost the chance to bolster further his, in my eyes, exaggerated 'icon' status.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couple of good goals last night (btw the atmosphere at Portland looks good)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/07/15/david-beckham-goals-free-kick-galaxy-timbers_n_1675095.html
  • Options
    Has reportedly signed a 150m ten year deal to become an ambassador for Qatar and promote tourism to the country. As part of the deal he will become the 'face' of the 2022 World Cup.

Naturally he's going to get a lot of stick over this, especially from human rights campaigners. Absolutely crazy money though and i'd guess the kind of money that even a multi-millionaire can't turn down.