Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eric Sykes has died aged 89

RIP

Comments

• Options
    Comedy Legend RIP.
  • Options
    Now that is really sad. What a great guy and what a part of growing up watching him on TV.
  • Options
    RIP great comedian
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very sad.

RIP Eric
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very sad day. An overused word but this man was a total legend.
  • Options
    As a kid, I laughed so much watching Eric Sykes (and Hattie Jaques) - along with Norman Wisdom, they were amongst the bedrock of British comedy in the 60s.

Thank you, Eric Sykes.

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Great comedian and writer. Very few of that great era of British comedy left now. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A man whose influence on British comedy can never be overstated. RIP.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Gone to join his 'great' pals Tommy Cooper and Hattie Jacques.....bless you Eric and thanks for all the laughs.
    RIP Funny Man...RIP.
  • Options
    What Oggy said.

RIP Eric
  • Options
    Who can forget 'The Plank'? A comedy genius: goodbye Eric, thank you: RIP.
  • Options
    Very sad news, watched a couple of re-runs recently and sound of corky the police man and the episode when he pretended to own a dog had stood the test of time,

His program reminds me of simpler care free days of going to Nans for tea, pork chop chips and beans, swapping panini stickers, cow horns on my bike and no concerns over takeovers or cash flow crisis, didnt even know much about signings until Alan Simoenson turned up...

RIP Eric
  • Options
    RIP, I too remember enjoying watching his shows when I was a boy.
  • Options
    RIP, the guy was a legend.
  • Options
    RIP used to love watching Hattie Jacques and him.He also did lots of other work,also remember him having a cameo role in Dinner ladies.Hilarious.
  • Options
    Not really my cuppa tea but an English eccentric who will be remembered. RIP
  • Options
    Legend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP. A man that was born to make people laugh. Very few peers at his level. A sign of a good comic is to deliver a line, a sign of a great comic is to deliver a look. Eric only had to do a look and he was funny, like Eric Morcambe & Tommy Cooper. Sad day.
  • Options
    Absolute genius of comedy acting and writing.

RIP
  • Options
    Sad news
  • Options
    the man was also deaf most (if not all) his life. He wrote gags for many of the greats and was even on Bob Hopes list of gag writers when ever he visited the UK.

RIP
  • Options
    Sad news. Comedy great and a lovely man. RIP
  • Options
    the man was also deaf most (if not all) his life. He wrote gags for many of the greats and was even on Bob Hopes list of gag writers when ever he visited the UK.

RIP
    Bob Hope, of course, was born in Eltham.

Shared the same birthday as me, but I'm a bit younger (....and still alive).

• Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Sad day for a lot of people. Eric was a proper comedy legend up there with the best of them. Been a part of most of our growing up and hope his passing will be properly recognised by the Beeb. RIP.
  • Options
    Comedy Legend indeed, one of the old school, also a lovely fella. RIP Eric
  • Options
    As many have stated a great comic and writer. An era never likely to be repeated. Very sad indeed.