Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eric Sykes has died aged 89

2»

Comments

• Options
    Another gem gone, great memories of watching him and laughing properly out loud!

R.I.P. Eric Sykes and thanks!
  • Options
    Not really my cuppa tea but an English eccentric who will be remembered. RIP
    I bet you have laughed at stuff he wrote without even realising it Lincs.
  • Options
    Was thinking the very same thing.

• Options
    "The Plank" ........had that on vhs, until it got chewed up by my machine.

Brilliant slapstick comedy.
  • Options
    Natural funny man - ......very sad day ..
  • Options
    "The Plank" ........had that on vhs, until it got chewed up by my machine.

Brilliant slapstick comedy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2RoudtrVv8
  • Options
    Should of mentioned earlier: a while ago someone lent me an audio cassette (remember those?) they had made of Eric doing a cruise ship talk about his experiences and monologues on the people he had worked with over the years. It was one of the funniest things I have ever heard, tears were streaming and I had to leave the motorway before I piled the (customer's) car up. His timing, even at seventy-something was right on the button (and it was all clean). Unfortunately never seen it available commercially but it would be a great memory of him.
  • Options
    Not so much a comedy legend as a fabric of my life, he has always been there. I have to say only 89, I thought he must eb well over the century, such is the endurance of his memory with me.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Eric, was only watching an episode of Sykes on UK Gold the other day and it still made me laugh.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Warmly remembered, never forgotten. Laughing again with old friends. RIP Eric.
  • Options
    I am saddened at the loss...RIP Eric....he was one of the few comedy greats that didn't need to use foul language to get people to laugh..indeed in the PLANK he said nothing!!
    I remember an interview he did some time back where he said he was deaf and couldn't hear people laughing at his jokes - then he had hearing aids put into his glasses frames and he could hear perfectly......and then he realised no one was laughing!! Genius!!
  • Options
    Genius joining his best mates....RIP
    Thanks for all the fun.
  • Options
    Brilliant comedian. As SE7toSG3 said, a reminder of care-free childhood days.
    Gone, but not forgotten.
    RIP.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Arfer Smith told a story about meeting Eric Sykes who was one of his heroes, and he found out that neither of them could stand Bruce Forsyth, which made him even better in his eyes. Sykes told him that Brucie once came upto him and offered his hand, saying "Eric, it's so long since we fell out, I can't remember what it was about. Lets bury the hatchet?" Sykes stood there for a moment and said " No Bruce, it's the only thing that keeps me going!"

Legend
  • Options
    Now that .. is more than likely :->
  • Options
    RIP - a genuinely funny man.
  • Options
    Both a great comedy actor and writer. Started his career writing for frankie howerd and wrote for many of the greats. Very sad loss