Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - Who is going to what ?

Comments

• Options
    Paralympic athletics on 1st september
  • Options
    Baketball
    Beach Volleyball
    Hockey
    Football - same as AFKA
    Athletics on 7th

We're having a London "mini break" - just grateful we have relatives to stay with!
  • Options
    Shooting at Woolwich. God do I regret ticking that one, I might have got Greenwich park if i hadnt.

Wont be needing the travel card they gave me.
  • Options
    I love my wife, so going to team Dressage in Greenwich Park
  • Options
    I am going to the very first event, womens football.
  • Options
    Mens Football final at Wembley - hopefully it will be GB!
  • Options
    Volleyball Q-Fs on the 8th, Athletics on the 9th, the morning session unfortunately.
    Taking my brother in law who is Czech and never been to the UK, and will drive there on his motorbike. For him its the trip of a lifetime
  • Options
    I'm gonna see the torch come past the end of my road on the 17th but unfortunately no tickets : (
  • Options
    None of it.Applied for tickets at the beginning and got nothing.
    Since received plenty of emails saying more tickets now available which quickly puts me in 'stick 'em up your arse' mode.
  • Options
    Boxing on the 2nd August, think its the quarters
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Since received plenty of emails saying more tickets now available which quickly puts me in 'stick 'em up your arse' mode.
    Same here going on holiday instead
  • Options
    if you can afford £725 for a 2 hour session for early qualifying rounds of gymnastics then yes, there are still tickets available. Or - £925 for a morning session of athletics. those emails are still driving me mad.

I want to see something affordable in the Olympic Stadium, not fussed what it is, but evening or weekend. So bought tickets for the paralympics instead.

• Options
    Team gb tickets for wembley were available a couple of days ago
    if you can afford £725 for a 2 hour session for early qualifying rounds of gymnastics then yes, there are still tickets available. Or - £925 for a morning session of athletics. those emails are still driving me mad.

I want to see something affordable in the Olympic Stadium, not fussed what it is, but evening or weekend. So bought tickets for the paralympics instead.

• Options
    Got men's hockey believe GB and another game, followed up by woman's hand ball both on the 1st August.
  • Options
    Not going to any sporting events. We are going to the opening concert in Hyde Park. Duran Duran (why not someone decent!), Snow Patrol, Stereophonics and Paolo Nutini await.
  • Options
    Doing a quick search, you can get £45 tickets to see women's hockey, Sunday evening 29th July, so there are still opportunities to get into the Olympic Park - and those tickets are genuinely there as I could have bought them...

Other sports are available as well.
  • Options
    Athletics on the 3rd and mens volleyball on the 6th
  • Options
    Same here going on holiday instead
    same here applied and failed --and tried again and no good - so settle to watch it on TV - like you spent a little more on me holiday .....and just got altered train time table through and my trains all changed either have to go in hour ealier or later --this is becuase we want to look after the people going to the games --fuc* those going to work

• Options
    mens volleyball on the 6th

Is that a typo ?
  • Options
    mens volleyball on the 6th

Is that a typo ?
    Afraid not! Didn't apply for them but got invited to a corporate do by a supplier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boxing - last 16 heavyweights etc
    Tennis - QFs on centre court

Also a volunteer driver - cue angry taxi driver responses!
    scab
    Got it out in the end Dartonion ;-)

• Options
    edited July 2012
    loads of tickets on sale at mo. Just bought modern pentathlon tickets for Greenwich park thanks to Darryl at 35 quid. but just looking and I can now buy tickets for the athletics for the same day at 50 quid. ohhhhhhh shall i do the two in one day? probably timed out now.

it did. So off to Greenwich park for the day. Am very pleased.
  • Options
    The wife and kids are going to loads, as are the in-laws......Given the choice in timing my shorter portion of the family trip home though i delayed my arrival so i could see us v Hull, Leicester and at Forest instead.
  • Options
    @AFKABartram You can now buy tickets to stand on The Mall to watch the marathon at 50 or 30 a pop.

Can we just watch the marathon without having to pay??
  • Options
    If you have tickets are you allowed to use the special Olympic lanes our taxes have paid for or are they just for David Cameron and his ilk?
  • Options
    just for the vip spongers
  • Options
    Result, wife just sent me a message saying she got Tennis, badminton and athletics tickets... She must have been reading Charlton Life....
  • Options
    Not bought tickets but will be watching the Olympic Road Cycling race on a good spot on the loop at Box Hill with thousands of others.

Not directly Olympic ticket-related but I've got a VIP pass to the press/celebrity launch of the Belgium Olympic and Interfederal Committee hosted "Cycling Paradise" at Belgium House, near Embankment. I get to meet the legendary Eddie Merckx and a load of other pro cyclists and celebrities.
  • Options
    JohnboyUK, are you aware that you need to buy a ticket to stand on Box Hill and they have sold out???

http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/Olympic-men-s-cycling-Box-Hill-tickets-sell/story-16227050-detail/story.html
  • Options
    JohnboyUK, are you aware that you need to buy a ticket to stand on Box Hill and they have sold out???

http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/Olympic-men-s-cycling-Box-Hill-tickets-sell/story-16227050-detail/story.html
    Yep, am standing in my cousin's front garden who is smack bang on the loop, with no pavement in front so will have a completely unobscured view of the Peloton thundering by :-)