Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most overrated albums in music.

edited July 2012 in Not Sports Related
Apologies if this has been done in the past but being the music fan I am I would be interested in your thoughts. My most overrated album in music has to be Dark Side Of The Moon. Pretty good but really...that good???

Comments

• Options
    While we are on the subject. Never mind the Bollocks.
  • Options
    Bat out of hell
  • Options
    Tubular Bells
  • Options
    The Joshua Tree
  • Options
    Anything by U2
  • Options
    The Stone Roses
  • Options
    Adele's 21...
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I always thought REM albums had 2-3 killer tracks and an awful lot of filler.

One of the few albums I would have paid someone to take off of my hands was The Strokes first album, utter shite.

• Options
    Diamond Dogs?
  • Options
    Anything by Oasis.
    I'm sorry but they just don't do it for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok computer. I'm not a big radiohead fan, I just don't get them, but everyone else... Isn't really that good? Also, sgt pepper
  • Options
    Prince - purple rain
  • Options
    Adele's 21...
    Agree with that.
    Anything by Oasis.
    I'm sorry but they just don't do it for me.
    And that. Drone.

• Options
    Ok computer. I'm not a big radiohead fan, I just don't get them, but everyone else... Isn't really that good? Also, sgt pepper
    This. Never got the fascination with Radiohead
  • Options
    What about "last great albums".
    As in when you have a band that do 2 or 3 great albums then just produce dross for the rest of their existence.
    Like Weezer post blue album. Green album was ok-ish, but after that they just died.
  • Options

One of the few albums I would have paid someone to take off of my hands was The Strokes first album, utter shite.

Yes
    And yes to Radiohead, some good tunes but albums as a whole are awful imo.

Don't agree with you on Sgt Pepper though.
  • Options

WHAT?! That is a great album!
  • Options
    The Strokes, Stone Roses and Oasis first albums are three of my favourite of all time! All about opinions I guess.....

The La's and Astral Weeks by Van Morrison are two heralded albums that spring to mind that I've never been been able to get into.......
  • Options
    agree with Bat, U2, Radiohead, REM & Floyd. Would add most Queen albums and Led Z.
  • Options
    Any album by Bruce Springsteen.
    I don't get him. Beyond ordinary imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WHAT?! That is a great album!
    My cheques in the post :-)

• Options
    Totally irrational butdetest anything by Van Morrison. Also have a totally rational & justifiable hatred of The Beautiful South.
  • Options
    me to.
    The Stone Roses
  • Options
    anything by The Beatles
  • Options
    Any coldplay album after Parachutes. Honestly my generations U2, self obsessed, self righteous and talentless.
  • Options
    Oasis are massively overrated, don't think their superhits are that great either. I agree on Coldplay, though after Rush of Blood,a nd U2.

Don;t get how people can say such things about my beloved Floyd and Led Zep though D:

Oh also, Slayer. Boring as sin. Couple good songs but i honestly think there albums and songs are boring and repetitive.
  • Options
    OK Computer is a classic. I am not saying that Dark Side is a bad album I just don't get the hype that has been going on about it for the last 30 40 odd years. Has a few good tunes on there but thats about it.
  • Options

any album that the NME describe as pivotal, momentous, trailblazing, historic, significant, vital or iconic piece of art.

• Options
    The Happy Mondays - Apart from 1, possibly 2 tracks - their tuneless, hamfisted dirges have dated horribly...IMO of course!
  • Options
    the killers - hot fuss
    keiser cheifs first album