Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cook - SIGNED on a free (2012) now at Hartlepool

Comments

• Options
    Just asked a mate of mine who supports Sunderland what he knows about him.

"Yes, really bad attitude problem, so glad he's going".
    Looking on the Sunderland forum I think your mate is the exception.

do you have a link?
  • Options

On the plus side looks like we might of missed out on N'whatshisname which is a shame.
    fixed it for you :)
  • Options
    Just asked a mate of mine who supports Sunderland what he knows about him.

"Yes, really bad attitude problem, so glad he's going".
    Looking on the Sunderland forum I think your mate is the exception.

do you have a link?
    http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=714129

• Options
    Signed him on a free on FM. He was shit. Let's hope he proves to be better in the flesh.........................
  • Options
    Not gonna get Ephraim now then are we!
  • Options
    I actually quite liked Ephraim. Had a great attitude as well by all accounts. Was really impressed with the way he conducted himself in interviews.
  • Options
    I actually quite liked Ephraim. Had a great attitude as well by all accounts. Was really impressed with the way he conducted himself in interviews.
    Agreed, would have prefered Ephrraim personally

• Options
    On o/s now if it hasnt already been mentioned
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
    BREAKING NEWS! #cafc have completed their first signing of the summer in ex-Sunderland striker Jordan Cook (MW)
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial
    BREAKING NEWS! #cafc have completed their first signing of the summer in ex-Sunderland striker Jordan Cook (MW)
    Well who the fook would've predicted that one as our first signing!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    FINALLY.
  • Options
    Looking at the clip, and the moment leading to the goal, he taps the ball along with his right foot, and easily puts in a decent cross with his left foot, sign of a handy footballer that, I mean does Wiggy have a right foot for example (ok rhoys had a right foot, but doesn't seem to ever kick the ball with it!)
    That's really interesting because I thought the exact same thing. I thought he was a right footer playing on the left but then dribbled with both feet and crossed well with his left.
    A little later on I think he took a corner with his left too but I may have been wrong

• Options
    On OS.Powell clearly wanted him.This is no Jimenez signing and largely falls into the category of last years transfer policy.

Crisis?????
  • Options
    expect to see him against Welling!?
  • Options
    There better be an effing crisis, I've just panic bought four vans full of Kingsmill.
  • Options
    welcome Jordan
  • Options
    yep...its a definite. its on his Wikipedia page now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Cook
  • Options
    Decent call, no harm in signing young players to support the first team squad. He could prove a success.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For those that can't be bothered to read it. Here are Powell's thoughts om Jordan Cook:

"Jordan first came to our attention a couple of seasons back. In my first six months here, he was on loan at Walsall and gave us a few problems.

"You take notice of players, and then we saw him in a few games last year for Carlisle and also for Sunderland.

"He's a young player who we feel can play down the middle, behind the main striker and out wide. He's a utility attacker, as such, but we just think for the age he's at, he's worth bringing in and developing.

"He played exceptionally well for Carlisle against us in the game that ultimately won us promotion," added Chris.

"He did some good things in that game, which I have watched again on DVD, and I feel he will supplement the group. He's one that we feel could develop into a very good player."

"he comes with good pedigree. He was well thought of at Sunderland as a young lad. Obviously, there was a change of manager and that hasn't really helped him.

"We've been tracking him all summer," added the manager. "He's had a number of clubs after him but I think he was really hanging out for us and I'm pleased that it's happened.

"We've got one or two North East boys now, with Michael Smith, who is a big Newcastle United fan, and [goalkeeping coach and former Middlesbrough custodian] Ben Roberts, so that's quite good in that respect.

"He comes in now to really push along and try to make his mark with us. I have high hopes for him.

"I don't want any pressure put on him, because he's still learning the game.

"He's been out [on loan], he's played some league games and he can play in different positions, so we will see how it goes for him."
  • Options
    Don't need another Cook now. Too many Cooks . . . . . .
  • Options
    Good first signing, it sounds like he wants to be in SE7, hopefully will get a good look at him v Welling.
    Good work Chris and the board.
  • Options
    Our Messi
  • Options
    Low risk signing, big reward
  • Options
    Not heard anything about him so I'll probably be easily impressed. A good signing who will develop and looks like he can play anywhere in attack which is great as we have more options across the board. Definitely a SCP signing.
  • Options
    nice to have a ginger back in the side, good luck to the young lad.
  • Options
    Signed on a free so we really have little to loose, could turn out to be a bit of shrewd business by SCP. Hopefully he'll surprise a few of us.
  • Options
    He reminds me of Lee Martin. Let's hope that he is as good and is better used by the management than was Lee under PP
  • Options
    our new rommadahl