Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cook - SIGNED on a free (2012) now at Hartlepool

124»

Comments

• Options
    He reminds me of Lee Martin. Let's hope that he is as good and is better used by the management than was Lee under PP

Hope he's better as I found Lee Martin very frustrating. Gave the ball away too often, much like Danny Green does.
  • Options
    He reminds me of Lee Martin. Let's hope that he is as good and is better used by the management than was Lee under PP

Hope he's better as I found Lee Martin very frustrating. Gave the ball away too often, much like Danny Green does.
    Mmmm.. possibly ... the few times I saw him I got the idea that his thought processes were a little too quick and imaginative for his teammates to understand
  • Options

Mmmm.. possibly ... the few times I saw him I got the idea that his thought processes were a little too quick and imaginative for his teammates to understand
    not difficult considering the team at that stage.

• Options

not difficult considering the team at that stage.

indeed .. though we must not speak nor think too badly of the departed :-)
  • Options
    Well, if we sign anyone on a free that must mean we definitely have no money right?

(Joking)
  • Options
    The Sunderland fans on that forum seem to really like him!
    And the fact he turned down the Loosing Play-Off finalists for us is a very good sign IMO.
  • Options

I was taking more about the times he'd try and take players on and lose the ball.

Probably something in that though considering he's done ok at Ipswich. And decision making/reading the game is generally a weaker area for many wingers.
  • Options

I was taking more about the times he'd try and take players on and lose the ball.

Probably something in that though considering he's done ok at Ipswich. And decision making/reading the game is generally a weaker area for many wingers.
    True .. he was not what I would classify as a real winger ... more of a modern 'utility' forward, a drifter ... the old shrewdie Jewell is getting the best from lee a t m .. Let's hope that Chris Powell can do the same with Jordan Cook
  • Options
    Apparently he rejected blackpool cause they couldn't offer him guranteed first team football
  • Options
    WOFT this signing. its only been done as 'potential for the future' handful of starts if that this season then loaned out probably.
    We have to remember that we didnt even see Micheal Smith last season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ^^^^^ perhaps then he is 'guaranteed' the Green/Wagstaff slot .. though I doubt that any manager is going to guarantee any but the very highest quaility player a first team spot.
  • Options
    Nice to know (a) he wanted to come to us, and (b) we've got someone Chrissy's been after all summer. I'm sure the "guarantee" is for consideration in match-day 18s, rather than starting 11s, albeit only if he proves himself. It's a position we've been looking to strengthen for some time, and if he can offer quick / tricky support up front too, then all the better. Good luck new boy number one; Chrissy certainly sounds pleased.
  • Options
    Great signing.

Troubled us at Carlisle and is still young.
  • Options
    He looks about 16 in some of his pictures.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Afternoon all, Carlisle fan here. I've posted on here a couple of times before so thought I'd share my thoughts on Mr Cook.

I'll start off by saying you've got yourselves a very good player. The vast majority of our fans wanted to see him back with us after his loan spell here last season.

He definitely has the potential to be an excellent Championship player but isn't the finished article at the moment. That's why I expected he'd spend a season or two in League One just to find his feet. Fair play to him though, he's obviously done enough to get himself a good move.

He's right-footed and can play out on the wing or as a second striker. He played best for us in a 4-3-3, but is fairly versatile so could do a good job wherever asked. He's quick, skilful and scored some very good goals for us. He's certainly not a 20 goal a season player but will contribute his fair share of goals if given the chance.

In regards to having an attitude problem, that sounds a bit dubious. He came to us when we were playing some superb football and didn't get much of a chance in his first month here but, to his credit, got on with it and didn't complain.Once Lee Miller got injured he got a good run in the side and impressed me every time I saw him play. His 2 goals away at MK Dons were a particular highlight.

Good luck to the lad. I hope he does himself justice. Best of luck for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Afternoon all, Carlisle fan here. I've posted on here a couple of teams before so thought I'd share my thoughts on Mr Cook.

I'll start off by saying you've got yourselves a very good player. The vast majority of our fans wanted to see him back with us after his loan spell here last season.

He definitely has the potential to be an excellent Championship player but isn't the finished article at the moment. That's why I expected he'd spend a season or two in League One just to find his feet. Fair play to him though, he's obviously done enough to get himself a good move.

He's right-footed and can play out on the wing or as a second striker. He played best for us in a 4-3-3, but is fairly versatile so could do a good job wherever asked. He's quick, skilful and scored some very good goals for us. He's certainly not a 20 goal a season player but will contribute his fair share of goals if given the chance.

In regards to having an attitude problem, that sounds a bit dubious. He came to us when we were playing some superb football and didn't get much of a chance in his first month here but, to his credit, got on with it and didn't complain.Once Lee Miller got injured he got a good run in the side and impressed me every time I saw him play. His 2 goals away at MK Dons were a particular highlight.

Good luck to the lad. I hope he does himself justice. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks a lot for your comments JK,i thought he was left footed but i got that wrong.Carlisle is one of my favourite places on the Earth as i have seen Charlton promoted twice there.

• Options
    @jk-cufc .. thanks for the info and good luck next season
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Afternoon all, Carlisle fan here. I've posted on here a couple of teams before so thought I'd share my thoughts on Mr Cook.

Thanks for your input jk but I should point out that we don't appreciate positive comments on this site (see nearly any thread on here).

Can you try again but this time slag him off and tell us how crap he is, has a bad attitude and where glad to see the back of him.

• Options
    Thanks JK. Hope you guys go up next season if only so we can secure promotion to the Prem at your place the season after
  • Options
    Low risk, low cost, decent chance of a good player. Not the most exciting ever signing but seems very shrewd (by whoever is in charge of the Charlton transfers #conspiracytheoriesahoy!) I do hope however this is not the bar at which our summer will be set. A bit of proven quality over several seasons would be nice too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks v much JK; always nice to get informed opinion - especially when it's that positive! Good luck next season - I'm sure a lot of our supporters will be keeping more of an eye on the third after our recent experiences.
  • Options
    Thanks jk. Thought we were unlikely to see much of him this year when I heard this but from what you say I might well be wrong. Echo what others have said. I hope you get promoted next season as I thought you played some very good football last.
  • Options
    Just been on Sunderland fans forum. All speaking highly of him, head screwed on, didn't get much of a chance there etc. Couple even said they were surprised he was let go and he will do well for us.
  • Options
    Again?! Welcome Mr Cook
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Again?! Welcome Mr Cook
    I'll think you'll find he's just signed for Hartlepool. Jeff must be really pleased.

As for the player & his time with us................

Nope. don't remember him. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Again?! Welcome Mr Cook
    I'll think you'll find he's just signed for Hartlepool. Jeff must be really pleased.

As for the player & his time with us................

Nope. don't remember him. 
    He was that frail skinny ginger kid, who had a nice touch on the ball - but if you sneezed you blew him over.