Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton sack Chris Powell (in Football Manager)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Charlton nearly went to the conference on my game. (2009)
  • Options
    By admitting this, I take it you wasn't in charge of them?
  • Options
    Quite obviously put on here to have the effect it is having ..with all that is happeninga nd being discussed at the moment not the smartest of headlines...

Guess Tango thought it was funny .............not clever not funny
  • Options
    By admitting this, I take it you wasn't in charge of them?
    Correct. I tried to play as them but would always get sacked before Christmas.
  • Options
    hardly crimes of josef fritzl proportions

its an internet forum, treat it as such.
  • Options
    What makes this funny is that... who gives a f##k about football manager
  • Options
    What makes this funny is that... who gives a f##k about football manager
    thing was when first up here it said Charlton sack Chris powell then he edited it-- with you who does give a Flyinmg F about football manager when we have stick cricket
  • Options
    Some people really need to get a life, I mean who would sack Chris Powell ;)
  • Options
    What is Football Manager?
  • Options

A lot of posters need to tattoo this to their eyelids.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Some people really need to get a life, I mean who would sack Chris Powell ;)
    charlton released him --hence why he ended up at Leicester -- glad he returned
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I didn't believe it, and the content didn't make me laugh (though I didn't find it 'offensive' either as some clearly have). What did make me laugh was the thought of how many people would overreact with comments like.....
    Same kind of sense of humour as someone who screams "FIRE!!!" in the middle of a house party, hilarious.
    Really?!?!
  • Options

Which means you can say things that upset people and not expect to get a reaction when you do, is that what you're saying?

• Options
    I didn't believe it, and the content didn't make me laugh (though I didn't find it 'offensive' either as some clearly have). What did make me laugh was the thought of how many people would overreact with comments like.....
    Same kind of sense of humour as someone who screams "FIRE!!!" in the middle of a house party, hilarious.
    Really?!?!
    Same KIND of humour, i.e. trying to get attention by saying something shocking (bear in mind that it didn't have the "in FM" bit on the subject at the time)

Like when people say YESSS!!!!! on the match threads when no-one's scored.

Anyway... doesn't really matter. Although it's a worrying and telling sign of the last couple of week's developments that I didn't immediately assume it was just a joke. Aargh. Roll on the start of the season, please....
  • Options
    It's pretty low to write the title without the FM bit, but if you put it up first time round with FM in the title he wouldn't get any attention. It's quite the conundrum.
  • Options
    Jesus, anyone would think the whole thing was a matter of life and death!
  • Options
    Jesus, anyone would think the whole thing was a matter of life and death!
    Somebody once said footballs far more important that that...
  • Options

Which means you can say things that upset people and not expect to get a reaction when you do, is that what you're saying?

lol have a day off soundas. what it means is that if someone posts something like this just roll your eyes, tut and move on. i cant see how the OP could have 'upset' anyone.
  • Options
    It raised a smile from me tango so not all bad news.

On FM 11 I got Charlton into the europa league and signed Odion Ighalo who scored for fun then Fm 12 came out and I gave up.
  • Options
    Similar thing happened on my Android version of footy manager - CP took two seasons to take us up then we struggled in our second season, CP got sacked and Lee Clarke took over before being sacked too as we got relegated back to L1....

It can't be that realistic though - Kenny Dalglish is Arsenal Manager....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

lol have a day off soundas. what it means is that if someone posts something like this just roll your eyes, tut and move on. i cant see how the OP could have 'upset' anyone.</blockquote

Ah VG....can asure you I'm not upset one little bit....do think it was a bit daft though.