Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Negativity.

2»

Comments

• Options
    NLA needed a yardstick to measure his B******* last season!
  • Options
    The point I am getting at is not that all is well now just because we have made signings, as clubs in the past have made signings while in financial difficulty's so we may not be out of the woods just yet. But when times like this are going on we should find any positive news of signings and grab it by both hands and embrace it, not say how 'underwhelmed' you are or what ever else was said.

But the main point of my OP was to ask why other lifers are feeling the need to verbally attack other posters? It's not really fair, as i stated before you wouldn't do it down the pub, so why should you do it on here? Some members of this site really need to cheer up and grow up, we are all part of the same fan base after all.
  • Options
    Why is everyone so preoccupied with NLA'S nuts?
  • Options
    if the club made a honest statement about all the speculation then maybe people can rest easy but i dont think that will happen?
  • Options
    Why is everyone so preoccupied with NLA'S nuts?
    I was going to type "Because he spent the last 4 months of the season ramming them down everyones throat" but thought better of it!

if the club made a honest statement about all the speculation then maybe people can rest easy but i dont think that will happen?
    Beyond this site has there been much other speculation? (Genuine question...I'm in America so don't see the local press etc)

• Options
    Because they were the reason we went up last season fact 8)

• Options
    Beyond this site has there been much other speculation? (Genuine question...I'm in America so don't see the local press etc)

Zip, Nada, nothing in press.
  • Options
    the negativity is happening because of all the postings on here etc ,ive heard of rumblings in the boardroom myself are they true f--k knows ?, but if the boys at the top had the relationship with the fans as previous boards did maybe they could shed some light on the speculation an then everyone can get on with getting behind the team for the season ahead.
  • Options
    No it doesn't. Nothing happened, nothing continues to happen. Anyone who imagined there was some cash injection, the board green lighted spend, a bid amount was agreed, it was accepted, terms were agreed, medicals happened etc, largely over a weekend, has failed to engage brain.
  • Options
    I'd hazard a guess that there is a large percentage of Charlton fans who have never been on this site who therefore wouldn't have a clue about the 'speculation'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd hazard a guess that there is a large percentage of Charlton fans who have never been on this site who therefore wouldn't have a clue about the 'speculation'.
    That I would say is true, when I mentioned it to the group of lads that I go to Charlton with only the few that come on CharltonLife knew anything about it.
  • Options
    Apart from saying everything is as it was they can't really say much as they have never admitted the involvement of a mystery backer.

As for negativity. It was here before this crisis and it will be here long afterwards. For whatever reason I think some fans expected us to spend a shedload of money and walk to the championship title. Perhaps this is a knock on effect from last years success or as a result of mystery backer rumours. So rather than negativity it might simply be disappointment. Personally I'm concerned at the rumours of internal issues but delighted with the external actions of the board. Get the right manager, develop youth and buy cheap (and if we have to sell high).

• Options

Apart from saying everything is as it was they can't really say much as they have never admitted the involvement of a mystery backer.

As for negativity. It was here before this crisis and it will be here long afterwards. For whatever reason I think some fans expected us to spend a shedload of money and walk to the championship title. Perhaps this is a knock on effect from last years success or as a result of mystery backer rumours. So rather than negativity it might simply be disappointment. Personally I'm concerned at the rumours of internal issues but delighted with the external actions of the board. Get the right manager, develop youth and buy cheap (and if we have to sell high).

all most fans want to know is who owns our club, yes the board did well last year ,but i think the board should be honest and tell us who our owners are ,always said they should get the youth set up right and buy the right players for the right price but i just hope that financially we have got it right .

• Options
    All I want to know is that the club isn't gonna go into admin mid season because the money guy has shoved off...
  • Options

all most fans want to know is who owns our club, yes the board did well last year ,but i think the board should be honest and tell us who our owners are ,always said they should get the youth set up right and buy the right players for the right price but i just hope that financially we have got it right .

I do agree with you. Simply stating that an honest statement by the board now would probably contradict previous statements on ownership they have made. So that's one big reason why they will not say anymore.
  • Options
    Mascot no chance at the moment of admin (opinion not fact) the Cashman(men) would only get pence to the pound back if we went into admin. The main issue reading all the gossip ---facts (take your pic) is that someone is very naffed off re the level of EXPECTED investment, which seems to be much higher than they thought. A huge bust up and they want out. This produced a cash flow issue-----------------i think (again NO FACTS) that people are loooking for a new investor. In the mean time we have to be viable to a new investor.
  • Options
    I'd like to see the board do their job of running the club and the fans do theirs of cheering the team.

Way too much negativity on here as the OP said. There are 2 sides to every story and we know maybe a quarter of one of them. People are filling in the blanks and then panicking about their own speculation. Madness.

I for one cannot wait for Aug 18th. We've got a decent squad already and I expect to see them scrapping for every point in what's going to be a tough season. COYR!
  • Options
    It's all gone quiet on the 'gloom and doom' front, which begs the question(s)
    1) Have the financial problems been sorted, or
    2) Are we still potentially in the brown stuff, or
    3) Were there never any serious problems in the first place?

I have to agree that it would be nice to have some transparency as to who who is really financing us, it seems curious that an individual (say Cash) could be financing us yet completely secretly.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

I have to agree that it would be nice to have some transparency as to who who is really financing us, it seems curious that an individual (say Cash) could be financing us yet completely secretly.</

If he (whoever he is) doesn't even go to games or like football you have to question the motives. If its to make money then he could easily join a long line of people who thought the same.

• Options

3) I reckon

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think this post needs bumping, again. Far to much bickering going on here again lately.
  • Options
    B*ll*cks
  • Options
    3) I'm still as confused as I was.