Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hayden Mullins, Lee Bowyer, Darren Purse, Jimmy Bullard...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Not exactly a player we've often been mentioned in the same breath as, but there was once a time when we were linked with Christiano Ronaldo before he went to Man U. Hard to believe now.
    glad that didn't go through. not sure how he would of fitted into our squad. maybe as back up to Jenson or Robinson.
    imagine if we still had him though. certainly give us options. when Jackson is getting tired near the end of the game we could of brought Ronaldo on.
  • Options
    You missed out Julian Gray .
    good call, though he did trial

Around the time Gray was on trial he was also (according to his agent) on trial with Hanover 96.

That same week I was out in Belgium for a few days and met a guy at a meal I went to who was a friend of a friend and it turned out his dad was the owner of Hanover 96 . I plugged him for info on whether they were going to sign Gray and the fella said "I've never heard of this person?"

Proof if ever really needed of some of the BS agents talk

• Options
    I thought this was going to continue...

"...go into this pub. Hayden says to the Landlord. Can I have three pints and Lee would like a look at your wife.
    The landlord pulls the pints and calls up the stairs. "Lily, come down here, Lee Bowyer wants to have a look at you".
    etc
    What happens next, what happens next?!
  • Options
    Garry Breen
  • Options
    I thought this was going to continue...

"...go into this pub. Hayden says to the Landlord. Can I have three pints and Lee would like a look at your wife.
    The landlord pulls the pints and calls up the stairs. "Lily, come down here, Lee Bowyer wants to have a look at you".
    etc

What happens next, what happens next?!
    ....So, Lee says, "Fancy going for a BigMac" ?

• Options
    Mullins looks destined for Birmingham , James Nursey of the Daily Mirror has just tweeted .

Expecting #BCFC to confirm signing of Hayden Mullins from #PFC #Pompey in next 48 hours. Negotiations on-going for #NCFC James Vaughan
  • Options
    John Bostock was heavily linked, glad that never happened! Fernando Morientes, oh the days when that seemed possible...
  • Options
    Mullins just completed a 2 year deal at Brum..
  • Options
    John O'Rourke. Centre forward, played for Ipswich in the late 60's, early 70's, I guess. We were always being linked with him by Victor Railton (amongst others) in the London Evening News (or Standard). I was only a kid but I always hoped we would sign him because his name sounded like a 'proper' footballer to me. Sadly we never got him.