Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace say they don't care???

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    matt, on a charlton website at 7.30am. Have you shit the bed again?
  • Options
    Matt, I was totally unaware that there were any Palace/Charlton hooligan stakes.
  • Options
    Where is Pilchard with one of 'The average Charlton fan has nothing to feel inferior about with regards to Crystal Palace' posts? Or Henry Irving with his 'small club, small mentality' posts? I have missed you guys being in the lower leagues. Looking forward to your self-affirming, self-loathing, weird Palace obsession coming back into our lives.
    Are you an ultra?
    No. I am a Palace fan, ST holder.

So, are you one of those Charlton fans who think your support is comprised of a combination of Danny Dyer 'tasty geezer' types, as you are 'one notch above us' in the hooligan stakes? Or are you the statistican, analysing attendances to get the percentages of increase you have over us? Or are you the bearded bitter type, who seems to think that by trying to manufacture a false rivalry with us will actually work?
    You lot just don't get it, do you? None of us care what you think about us, but that isn't going to stop us absolutely despising you.
  • Options
    Poor little Matt, he hangs around on Charlton and Millwall sites hoping they mention Palace just so he can feel relevant in his sad pathetic life.
  • Options
    Where is Pilchard with one of 'The average Charlton fan has nothing to feel inferior about with regards to Crystal Palace' posts? Or Henry Irving with his 'small club, small mentality' posts? I have missed you guys being in the lower leagues. Looking forward to your self-affirming, self-loathing, weird Palace obsession coming back into our lives.
    Are you an ultra?

So, are you one of those Charlton fans who think your support is comprised of a combination of Danny Dyer 'tasty geezer' types, as you are 'one notch above us' in the hooligan stakes? Or are you the statistican, analysing attendances to get the percentages of increase you have over us? Or are you the bearded bitter type, who seems to think that by trying to manufacture a false rivalry with us will actually work?
    Dear me. You lot are from another world. Feel dirty that you also claim to be South London.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

says he who places our support into categories.

• Options
    Matt, I was totally unaware that there were any Palace/Charlton hooligan stakes.
    Only when they're drunk, attacking defenceless families...
  • Options
    When was the kicking?
    Never had a kicking off Crystal, never.
    The thought of it makes me fall about laughing.
    Why do folk post such shite?

Or am I biting when I should laugh?
  • Options
    matt, on a charlton website at 7.30am. Have you shit the bed again?
    Shat_himself ?

• Options
    The way the millwall fans talk on this site you can tell there is no hatred of us, a massive difference to the palace fans like shat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    hold on, as much as we cant stand the nigels, lets not get too cosy with the toolbox lot
  • Options
    Matt, how is your mate that got beaten up by a plank of wood in the court toilets then went running into the courtroom shouting and crying for daddy ?
  • Options
    When was the kicking?
    Never had a kicking off Crystal, never.
    The thought of it makes me fall about laughing.
    Why do folk post such shite?

Or am I biting when I should laugh?
    Heard something happened on a train at Sydenham...can't remember what game/season though.
  • Options
    Bunny. Been quite alot of trouble at many of the Palace v Charlton matches I've been to. Don't see a problem, both sets of supporters think their club is better than the other one, full stop. Never gonna be the best of buddies. Used to live very close to their ground (Selhurst Park), and may i be most definitely not the first to say, what a dilapidated dump it is!
  • Options
    Bunny. Been quite alot of trouble at many of the Palace v Charlton matches I've been to. Don't see a problem, both sets of supporters think their club is better than the other one, full stop. Never gonna be the best of buddies. Used to live very close to their ground (Selhurst Park), and may i be most definitely not the first to say, what a dilapidated dump it is!
    Problem is, Palace pick on easy targets, like they've done with you in the past and with us last season, whereas they never show themselves to people who can fight back.

• Options
    id feel uncomfortable fighting someone who's wearing kappa popper tracksuit bottoms with kicker shoes
  • Options

Problem is, Palace pick on easy targets, like they've done with you in the past and with us last season, whereas they never show themselves to people who can fight back.

Not too far wrong, as we (Charlton) couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. Went once when their was a bit of trouble (Palace away) where a charlton fan was waving his moped helmet all over the place. Sure he had a Syrup as well! LOL

• Options
    I knew there was bother - but didnt think it was proper, organised hooligan stuff.

• Options

I knew there was bother - but didnt think it was proper, organised hooligan stuff.

Doubt it was organised Bunny. Try and avoid it all if I can. But i tend to wear colours and there are times when you get caught up in it all. Much rather have beer and a chat with opposing fans (not Palace though)

• Options
    There was a bit of naughty stuff in the 70's with Palace. Since then, they tend to stick attacking our oaps and families on the train. I think they are called the ultra trainspotters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JTJT
    edited July 2012
    Not too far wrong, as we (Charlton) couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

How would you know if you don't get involved in it?

• Options
    My favorite away game in recent years was in September 2007 when we beat them 1-0 at their place - Svetoslav Todorov scoring the winner.

I don't think I've ever celebrated a goal like that before!
  • Options
    Not too far wrong, as we (Charlton) couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

How would you know if you don't get involved in it?

Try not to get involved in it if at all possible. Not my thing, but have been involved a few times ( with little choice) where it's all kicked off, hence my quote!

• Options
    charlton fans are the meltiest melts to have ever melted.
    This is the best 'insult' I've ever heard, brilliant!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Every match going fan of different clubs I have ever met thinks Palace are a bit odd.

We usually get the scum line or 'old fashioned, proper club' line (shorthand for scum, but trying to be polite to our faces...altho some might mean it).

But them lot - just odd.

As said in another thread..you have 4 types of football character I think..

Family/Happy Clappy if you like: The Norwich Citys, Fulhams and Watfords.

Hostile/Hotbed: The Stokes, Birmingham Citys and Millwalls.

The brands: Arsenals, Manchester Uniteds and Chelseas.

The local club that is happy & proud of its identity: The Barnsleys, Huddersfields and Boltons.

Palace just dont know what they want to be - they don't want to fight us, and think we're thugs, but they dont wont to be seen as a happy clappy family club, but they have cheerleaders, but also try and smash up Brighton, they're 'south London and proud', but mock anyone from genuine south London postcodes like Bermondsey & Woolwich.

Oddballs.

• Options

subsequently moved into posher areas like Sidcup.
    YOU KNOW IT BABY !!

#grassverge

• Options
    Anyone who calls someone a melt doesnt deserve a response.

I could handle supporting any other club in London other than Fulham or Palace. Oddballs
  • Options

I could handle supporting any other club in London other than Fulham or Palace. Oddballs
    Southend. Can't agree with you about Fulham. Lots of nice pubs close to the ground there.

• Options

Southend. Can't agree with you about Fulham. Lots of nice pubs close to the ground there.

Sorry but supporting Fulham would be dire, been there a couple of times as they offer ridiculously cheap tickets for their European games and it's all very strange. I can only compare it to watching the Nicks at MSG, load of suits and tourists with the resulting atmosphere.
  • Options
    So what I get from this thread is:

A. You hate us;
    B. You don't hate us;
    C. We are hooligans;
    D. We are not worthy of being hooligans as you are a hoolie 'notch' above us;
    E. You are more akin to Millwall than us;
    F. But you are nothing like Millwall;
    G. We will never understand rivalry;
    H. Despite the fact you (and only you) view us as your rivals;

And you think we are odd?