Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****POKER SCHEDULE (JULY-JAN)**** ALL POTENTIAL PLAYERS OLD AND NEW MUST READ****

Comments

• Options

I just tried could not get Home Games on i phone so its not on for JB

didn't work for me either :(

• Options
    edited October 2012

if you want to play my daughter is going to play for me, teaching her how to play

oh no! Trainee shark alert! :)
  • Options
    she done ok i think... beds??
  • Options
    Yes she did really well considering she's learning. Well done.
  • Options
    well she's only 11 so a long way to go yet
  • Options
    Ok bump up again to remind you all about sundays big knock out, it's been set up so you can all register when you're ready, thread for it will be up tomorrow morning.

BUMP

Next Sunday is our big knockout, it was one of these that had our home games record turnout of 24, 2nd best turnout since we started. I would like to try and beat it, reminding you all with a week to go, also if you know of anyone that has played but not for a while with us give them a nudge. Or better still any more lifers that want to join us please do.

The big ko is $13.50 to enter $10 that goes into the prize pot, the more people that enter the more places are paid, $2.50 is used as a bounty, you eliminate someone you win their bounty. $1 goes to poker stars because they are greedy bastards lol.

for more details just ask, am always here (sad I know).

• Options
    Registered
  • Options
    Match Tuesday guys just a reminder, I have spoken to a few of you already about it but here's another heads up
  • Options
    not 'literally' heads-up we are playing a turbo game, for those that want an earlier night without throwing the game lol.

• Options
    Is the clash with the England game going to be a problem for anyone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching football and playing at the same time is not a problem for me.
  • Options
    Would prefer Monday, tbh - but, will still play on Tuesday and watch footie at same time
  • Options
    No problem for me.
  • Options
    This is our last Tuesday game until december
  • Options
    ok i will be there
  • Options
    proposal, originally from johnnybev, 2nd by ellisaddick to start sunday's game with more chips 3000 instead of 1500? I am not sure but it can't help to try it out? any views on this?
  • Options
    I'm not 100% sure I'll be playing Sunday (probably will) but if we're starting with 3000 then maybe a slightly earlier start is required. I think JB is fed up of bluffing like the very good player that he is and coming up against bigger hands or calling stations who hit one of their dozen or so outs. Therefore it's only fair to expect him to have something in reserve in case of a massive misjudgement on his part.

I don't mind 3000. I haven't looked to see what Sunday's game is but probably better for a turbo.
  • Options
    3000 chips?

More for me to take from Johnny Bev :)

Bring it on!

10 min blinds?
  • Options
    I'm not around Sunday. Will have to give this one a miss. :(
  • Options

3000 chips?

More for me to take from Johnny Bev :)

Bring it on!

10 min blinds?

Sigh probably :)

sounds good to me, shall make sure im not playing live then cheers Sadie, see how it goes xx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    joe I was also worried about the time it would take but have been assured that it wont make much difference I think we could start at 8 if everyone is okay with it, buys us 15 minutes?? for now say yay or nay, I am all about giving people what they want everything is worth a try, besides the longer it lasts the more fun...right? lol
  • Options

joe I was also worried about the time it would take but have been assured that it wont make much difference I think we could start at 8 if everyone is okay with it, buys us 15 minutes?? for now say yay or nay, I am all about giving people what they want everything is worth a try, besides the longer it lasts the more fun...right? lol

Agreed. Yes then. It makes it more interesting if we can play a bit looser with deeper stacks.
  • Options
    i'll give people a little longer to respond but so far it looks like we will be going with it.
  • Options

I'm not 100% sure I'll be playing Sunday (probably will) but if we're starting with 3000 then maybe a slightly earlier start is required. I think JB is fed up of bluffing like the very good player that he is and coming up against bigger hands or calling stations who hit one of their dozen or so outs. Therefore it's only fair to expect him to have something in reserve in case of a massive misjudgement on his part.

I don't mind 3000. I haven't looked to see what Sunday's game is but probably better for a turbo.

Just seen your compliment thanks joe, ill still bluff my stack :) its a skill lol
  • Options
    i'm going to be playing three tourneys at the same time!

I have a tourney in another poker club, regular last Sunday event

I'll be in the CL game

I'm in with a shout of a good finish in the October UKIPT poker league so need to score points there too.

Might not get much chat from me on Sunday :)
  • Options

I'll be in the CL game

I'm in with a shout of a good finish in the October UKIPT poker league so need to score points there too.

Bonus :)

nice one good luck with that Derek, hope u crush it! id be suprised if im only playing the home game :) playing 4 at mo #ezgame
  • Options

I'll be in the CL game

Bonus :)

nice one good luck with that Derek, hope u crush it! id be suprised if im only playing the home game :) playing 4 at mo #ezgame
    cheers JB, it means you can call me a luckbox as much as you like :)
  • Options
    Not played in ages but have built up a bit of a bankroll on pokerstars so should be around. Prefer the deeper stacks as well, gives you bit more play and one mistake early on wont neccesarily cost you the tournament.
  • Options
    I have won the last 2 cl games i have played,so will be going for the match ball this time. Think we should stick to the 1500 chips though.
  • Options

I have won the last 2 cl games i have played,so will be going for the match ball this time. Think we should stick to the 1500 chips though.

Nice one , im sure we can stop you this time :) #hopeful

Why would you prefer 1500 chips out of interest? as you have been doing ok as it is i assume, alot of the time it doesnt matter how much you have but its based on the blinds time generally, but as an arguement for my side is that say you want to play a few pots early on you have a good chance and to come back if it goes wrong. More play = less folding and picking spots to shove, which can become boring.

I would suggest 3k start and 10 mins blinds for approx 1hour 30mins-2hours generally but could be more or less depending on runners but would be perfect for the usual 12runners we get, well see :)