Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open Championship 2012 Betting Thread

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
I'll get it started nice and early. Whose everyone's money on this year? I will be backing Rickie Fowler (35/1) and Franny Molinari (35/1) each-way, and Lee Westwood (14/1) to win.

Comments

• Options
    Will def be backing a european

Although i do love watching ricky play
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I did the following last week -:
    Kaymer 25/1, Harrington 16/1, Rose 33/1 and Westwood 12/1 all e/w at Paddy Power who pay out on first 7....so fingers crossed I get all 4 in top 7!!
  • Options
    Mickelson 28-1 at most bookies each way first 6
    £5 e/w
  • Options
    What's this British Open tournament ?

I'm having a few each-way bets on the Open Championship:

Huh
    Baldwin
    Luiten
    Canizares
    Slattery

7 places with Stan James
  • Options
    Dustin Johnson 50/1
  • Options

Huh
    Baldwin
    Luiten
    Canizares
    Slattery

7 places with Stan James
    The title of this thread is almost as controversial as your picks here! Are these just punts or do you know something we don't?
  • Options
    Any Englishman to win 11-2
  • Options
    Yes agree its THE OPEN!!! Title change please!!
  • Options
    Harrington looks a good bet I reckon
  • Options
    Simon Dyson 140/1
    Matt Baldwin 550/1
    Alesandro Canizares 600/1
    Justin Leonard 850/1

All betfair, get on them and get on them large. trade off when low or keep the lot and buy Selhurst Park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont bet with the bookies EVER, they take the P. bet with betfair or betdaq you can bet win and place and you can lay off in running. I couldnt care if they are giving 8 places at opaddys or hills they are taking the mick with their odds and %s and when you win they chin you.
  • Options
    I bow to the majority. Title is now changed.....
  • Options
    Ian Poulter should do well this weekend. 45/1.
  • Options
    Whilst listening to Fivelive over the weekend someone said that Ernie Els has never finished outside the top 3 in an Open at Lythem. Am going to have a cheeky £5 e/w bet on him...
  • Options
    Paul Lawrie 66-1 ew
  • Options

Huh
    Baldwin
    Luiten
    Canizares
    Slattery

7 places with Stan James
    The title of this thread is almost as controversial as your picks here! Are these just punts or do you know something we don't?
    LOL!

Think there's major questions (geddit!) about those at the top of the market-Woods, Donald, Westy etc so the value is to be had further down the list

Look back over the past 10-15 years and there's no doubt the Open Championship can be a bit of a lottery with some unlikely winners-Ben Curtis, Todd Hamilton and then Clarke last year

Welling Fan seems to agree with me-he's on Canizares and Baldwin too!

• Options
    Padraig Harrington, Darren Clarke and Adam Scott :-)
  • Options
    Look back over the past 10-15 years and there's no doubt the Open Championship can be a bit of a lottery with some unlikely winners-Ben Curtis, Todd Hamilton and then Clarke last year

I've just been looking at the list of previous winners at Lytham though and they have nearly all been great players (or world number ones) - Duval, Lehman, Seve (twice), Player, Jacklin, Charles, Thomson, Locke, Jones.

• Options
    Paul lawrie is a great shout, he has played well this year and has probably the best short game in the field, if his putter is working he has a good chance.

• Options
    i dont know the current odds, but i really like woods, zach johnson, and luke donald
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    PaddyPower: E/W First 7

Mickelsen (33/1) and/or Kaymer (40/1) for me
  • Options
    padraig ,graeme mcdowell or ernie

i think Paul Lawrie is a good call too
  • Options
    M.Siem top German 100/30,only has to beat M.Kaymer who is 1/5!
  • Options
    The rough is outragous there going to need real precision

Feedback from my guys there today tiger looked awsome in practice
  • Options

Dont bet with the bookies EVER, they take the P. bet with betfair or betdaq you can bet win and place and you can lay off in running. I couldnt care if they are giving 8 places at opaddys or hills they are taking the mick with their odds and %s and when you win they chin you.

Agreed , win any bet that pays a few hundred with a bookies and all the restrictions turn up

Betfair is the way forward (to losing your house if you have a betting problem)
  • Options
    P.Harrington 20/1 and H.Mahan 45/1
    I find Betfair place odds are a piss take at times
  • Options
    Francesco Molinari e/w
    Paul Lawrie e/w
    Martin Kaymer e/w
    McIlroy to win.
  • Options
    Harrington to win
    Woods, Garcia, Johnson e/w
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I've just got a sneaky feeling that either Donald or Westwood could finally come good in a Major.

If pressed I'd go with Donald of the two.
  • Options
    Course is real tough going to be a great tournament