Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

At least 12 people shot dead at Batman Premier - Denver , Colorado.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Correction, a 4 month old baby and 6yr old were wounded or injured, he may not have directly shot them. If they took bullets I assume they would have died.

Its unbelievable....just no remorse.

• Options
    If you've never seen Michael Moore's interview with Charlton Heston (when he was head of the NRA) catch it on you-tube. Defending the indefensible.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    That 'interview' was very highly edited I seem to remember, Moore got into a fair amount of trouble. I say this as a supporter of gun restrictions but I don't think it's fair that everyone who is pro-gun = lunatic waiting to go on killing spree.
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

I'm in America and have been having this discussion with some of my colleagues this morning....some of them honestly believe it would be better if everyone was armed. There really is no hope.

Also in America and have overheard much the same as the story broke in a bar I was in. Horrible tragedy

• Options
    edited July 2012
    March51 said:

If you've never seen Michael Moore's interview with Charlton Heston (when he was head of the NRA) catch it on you-tube. Defending the indefensible.

Although I agree with Michael Moore's sentiment , the way he treated Charlton Heston ( an old man by then who was kind enough to let him into his home ) was totally out of order.IMO

See below

• Options
    Still speechless why!!! :( kids too
  • Options
    "One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
  • Options
    What i don't get is why kids and babies were in the cinema at midnight
  • Options
    JT said:

What i don't get is why kids and babies were in the cinema at midnight

Have been thinking the same.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So now they are going to have a long drawn out trial (no doubt on television). He will probably have a defence paid for by the gun lobby. Film rights will be discussed. All this idiot wanted was fame and the media is going to give it to him. All this will perpetrate more scum to 'copy' or follow in his footsteps. There is no doubt he did the crime - he was caught at the scene. Just drag the little scroat into a back yard somewhere and blow his brains out. He is just a beast. A waste of space.
  • Options

So now they are going to have a long drawn out trial (no doubt on television). He will probably have a defence paid for by the gun lobby. Film rights will be discussed. All this idiot wanted was fame and the media is going to give it to him. All this will perpetrate more scum to 'copy' or follow in his footsteps. There is no doubt he did the crime - he was caught at the scene. Just drag the little scroat into a back yard somewhere and blow his brains out. He is just a beast. A waste of space.

Are you a wum ?

Of course he should be tried.
  • Options
    He should be put down...
  • Options
    Unfortunately the punishment will not fit the crime.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited July 2012
    No doubt he is seriously mentally ill. Unfortunately, America doesn't deal with that illness. There are many not being treated (well, it costs money doesn't it!) and they are like ticking timebombs. Then something like this happens and it's too late. Having easy access to guns makes it so much worse.
  • Options

Are you a wum ?

My point was that the media will cover this tragedy to tedium. Possibly by the time the trial gets under way he will have a 'catchy' name like: Yorkshire Ripper, Black Panther, Dagenham Destroyer etc. The fancy dan lawyers from the pro-gun lobby will defend their organisations not the defendant. When found guilty the offender will spend years on death row waiting to be executed, only to have the sentence commuted to life in prisonment. What I'm saying is if the criminal in these sorts of cases can be dealt with quietly, there would not be so many 'similar' incidents.
    I don't know what a 'wum' is, so I can't confirm this statement.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    A WUM is the "in thing" to be called on Charlton Life - WUM = Wind Up Merchent
  • Options

A WUM is the "in thing" to be called on Charlton Life - WUM = Wind Up Merchent

Oh, phew! I was trying to make the initials fit into being something to do with Wet Sham. I don't know what's worse - anyway I'm neither. Thanks for putting an ageing codger straight. Straight meaning correct not hetrosexual, oh blimey, I'm making things worse. I mean, some of my best friends are gay . . . I'm going now!
  • Options
    Meebaum....are you trying to say that your husband is gay but you're not?
  • Options

Meebaum....are you trying to say that your husband is gay but you're not?

No, I'm a lesbian and she ain't. I think that clears things up now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012

Are you a wum ?

My point was that the media will cover this tragedy to tedium. Possibly by the time the trial gets under way he will have a 'catchy' name like: Yorkshire Ripper, Black Panther, Dagenham Destroyer etc. The fancy dan lawyers from the pro-gun lobby will defend their organisations not the defendant. When found guilty the offender will spend years on death row waiting to be executed, only to have the sentence commuted to life in prisonment. What I'm saying is if the criminal in these sorts of cases can be dealt with quietly, there would not be so many 'similar' incidents.
    I don't know what a 'wum' is, so I can't confirm this statement.

Sorry, my mistake. Your original point was that he should be summarily executed to save time !

Apparent (according to wiki) Colarado have de facto abolished the death penalty, but I suppose that leaves the option on the statute books.
  • Options
    I wouldn't give him a trial

Tie him to a chair in the cinema and let the families have a shot each
  • Options
    My second cousin was one of the victims. It's been a very sobering couple of days here (Rochester, NY) as the media talks to a few relatives who were closer to him than I was. (I have this image of him as a chubby kid with glasses, since the last time I saw him was 13 years ago.)

I'm not sure what will happen with the gun laws, but agree that changing them will take some herculean effort (or tragedy) that shuts up the NRA.
  • Options
    My thoughts are with you and your family KidFlash.
  • Options
    Meebaum makes a good point. That Fox News already have a movie-like logo and sting for the story, and I assume Sky News do too or are working on it, sums up the media's attitude toward tragedy as much as the earlier Charlie Brooker post.

Don't give the guy any airtime, reduce his notoriety and reduce the apparent romantic element that attracts such lunatics and motivates them into seeking the attention. It can't do any harm. It has to be better than hourly updates from a scene that's not changing.