Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friendly Banter....

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:

Plaaayer said:

It's just exaggerated sarcasm.

Which isn't really necessary.

Woooooosh
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

iainment said:

Plaaayer said:

It's just exaggerated sarcasm.

Which isn't really necessary.

Woooooosh
    ?

• Options
    hahahaha
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I am lead to believe that calling someone a Tosser is fine, not sure if calling someone a Wanker would be.

• Options
    I think disputes regularly turn into arguments but wouldn't say its particularly aggressive on here. I can sometimes be a bit rude and hasty, but don't mean any particular offence.
  • Options

I can sometimes be a bit rude and hasty, but don't mean any particular offence.

You could try not to be?
  • Options
    I have skin as thick as a Rhino, and I try very hard never to be personally abusive, although I will stand up for myself.
    I agree the word 'banter' is a thin excuse for abuse. However I won't let it stop me participating, if people want to contaminate their own lives with snide remarks it sure as hell isn't going to contaminate mine.
  • Options
    I was once called a dick on here by a very well respected ITK member. In hindsight I probably deserved it tbf : (
  • Options

I was once called a dick on here by a very well respected ITK member. In hindsight I probably deserved it tbf : (

Was it because your name is Richard?

• Options

Was it because your name is Richard?

No mate, it was because I was being a bit of a bellend on the Danny Green thread.

Still funny tho....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently football is all fun and roses, nobody swears nobody shows their passion and god forbid nobody tell the truth if someone is being a pedantic bellend. But in the real world that's not the case, can't handle a bit of heated banter, do the young whippersnappers with their naughty words upset some of you? Well suck it up, it's an internet forum we discuss things some people may have different opinions than you and some may convey their opinion in a different way to you, if you don't like a few pixelated words on an interent forum I do have to ask the question, what are you doing browsing this site?
  • Options
    Mrbacon said:

Apparently football is all fun and roses, nobody swears nobody shows their passion and god forbid nobody tell the truth if someone is being a pedantic bellend. But in the real world that's not the case, can't handle a bit of heated banter, do the young whippersnappers with their naughty words upset some of you? Well suck it up, it's an internet forum we discuss things some people may have different opinions than you and some may convey their opinion in a different way to you, if you don't like a few pixelated words on an interent forum I do have to ask the question, what are you doing browsing this site?

Smokin'
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Mrbacon said:

Pretty sure much of that is aimed at me and imo you have made my point for me. BTW as you've been a member of this forum for less than two weeks can I suggest you wait a little while longer to get a feel for the place before you start laying down the law to other users and telling them to suck anything...

• Options
    nobody puts bournemouth in the corner..
  • Options
    It seems that in this internet forum age you can hide behind the keyboard and say what you want. Better Red is partially right when he says the things people say on here (and other forums, even not football related) they wouldn't say to someone's face.

However, some people's either aggressive, argumentative behaviour or strong banter (call it what you want) on all forums may just be a reflection of how they can be in 'real' life.

This is a great forum (cheers) but I can't waste my time in arguments on here, therefore I only normally post on non-controversial matters.
  • Options
    Lol Nolly .... Now that is what I call "banter" not what half this freak show get up to
  • Options
    nolly said:

nobody puts bournemouth in the corner..

You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself...

:-)
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Plaaayer said:

It's always the young 'uns.........

I blame the parents.
    Broken Britain
  • Options

Mrbacon said:

Pretty sure much of that is aimed at me and imo you have made my point for me. BTW as you've been a member of this forum for less than two weeks can I suggest you wait a little while longer to get a feel for the place before you start laying down the law to other users and telling them to suck anything...

I think Mr Bacon was being a bit rash(er)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just lean back and let it go.
  • Options

You could try not to be?
    as you just did u mean? #patronising
  • Options
    I wish everyone would just stop getting shot
  • Options

I don't think it's agressive tbh , I think that it can be argumentative

Agressive is a strong word to use when describing a thread

I think people are too sensitive sometimes

It shouldn't stop anyone posting of someone is being a dick head tell them and crack on

Telling some one they are a "dickhead" is at best impolite and in most people eyes is fighting talk. What would happen if you called a stranger in a pub a dickhead? Try it and let us know.

The same standards should apply on a forum as apply when meeting some-one face to face.

You might get away with it if their first name is Richard and middle name Edward.

• Options
    As someone who has been on the receiving end of lots of abuse, yet have rarely descended into abusing any of you or digging out Charlton, may I just say none of it w
    Mrbacon said:

It's on the internet though, not in the pub. On other boards I use different language, on here however, since they are generally non-swearing & less confrontational I rarely if ever swear. It's not that hard to post in that way.

& talking of abuse, considering the amount I get, it don't bother me! (apart from 1 poster who did get under my skin!)

• Options
    It's always happened. The old boards (BB & NetAddicks) were a times a lot worse, as I recall. But it comes & goes in waves, and the people behind the upset usually either move on or wake up and calm it down. I've seen FAR worse boards than this, and on the whole this place is a joy to visit & (occasionally) contribute to.
  • Options
    Bacon! LOL....
  • Options

You could try not to be?
    as you just did u mean? #patronising
    Not really. Just saying.
  • Options
    That was pretty tasty from Bacon there.
  • Options
    This site is probably the 'softest' I've been on in the fact that you don't want certain topics discussed and people being offended by minor name calling. Completely understand that and the no swearing etc though because of the target audience you've got and kids reading/posting.