Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ant nest patches on lawn

2»

Comments

• Options

Beckboy said:

Dig round the nest with a spade lift turf up put ant powder into nest replace turf back down should do the trick

Sounds like hard work....especially when you have loads of ants nests...job for the wife.

Thats the spirit ;-)

• Options
    McBobbin said:

I found a bee nest in my lawn the other day. Didn't know they did that

There are many types of bee, not just those that live in hives. Solitary bees often live in holes in the ground. They are very good pollinators and should be encouraged. Without bees we wouldn't be able to grow enough food to eat.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I like to be suprised by boo bees
  • Options
    Get them every year coming up between the paving slabs at the top of my garden. They don't bother me so I don't bother them. However, this year my girlfriend decided to be "helpful" and attack them with boiling water. 3 days later, (for the first time) they decided a counter attack by invading my kitchen.

I've informed her that this "War" is all down to her failed stategy......................................
  • Options

Get them every year coming up between the paving slabs at the top of my garden. They don't bother me so I don't bother them. However, this year my girlfriend decided to be "helpful" and attack them with boiling water. 3 days later, (for the first time) they decided a counter attack by invading my kitchen.

I've informed her that this "War" is all down to her failed stategy......................................

That's why I leave them be. If you turf them out, they have to go elsewhere & it may well be your house.