Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Threads

Sometimes threads on here get a bit unwieldly because people are afraid to start new threads because there is an existing thread that is loosely connected (even if it is 3 or 4 years old). I am sure there are going to be a lot of discussions and comments about the coming Olympics and it will be very confusing if they all get lumped into one thread meaning you have to wade through lots of posts about sports you have no interest in. I was thinking of starting a number of Olympic topic threads to make sure we have some structure. For starters I was thinking of the following separate threads.

Olympics: Opening/Closing Ceremony
Olympics: Negative impact on local community and commuting
Olympics: Football
Olympics: Athletics
Olympics: Boxing
Olympics: Cycling
Olympics: Swimming
Olympics: Women's Beach Volley Ball
Olympics: Other Sports
Olympics: Would Yas
Olympics: Totty
Olympics: Jessica Ennis' Butt

Comments

• Good call Red, will inbox you later
  • Watch out, or the "Olympic Facists" will come for you. Just ask Len Glover.

Out of interest, which of those categories would this thread go into?

Also, why is the second category badged up as "negative impact". Do we need a separate "positive impact" thread to balance it up?
  • edited July 2012
    I'd like to propose a further subcategory:
    Olympics - Totty: Jessica Ennis' Bum. Deserves a thread all on its own.
  • No one could possibly disagree. Just watched the whole of that clip. Mesmerising!
  • Just watched it again.
  • Just watched it again.

I had to watch twice too, just incase I missed a bit!
  • Deary me. That must be the most perfect backside in the history of the world. Every time she pulls her little knickers a silly grin forms on my face. When she knocked the bar off, a tiny little piece of me died inside. She's absolute perfection.
  • Rachel Riley has a rival !
  • I think I love her...
  • Sponsored links:

• Just got back from the practice Olympic opening ceremony and wow we are in for a great surprise! Visually and audibally stunning.

Recorded the whole thing but haven't published it like some idiots have already.

MOOving and UDDEERlly brilliant :-) ....

only joking there's no cows in the show, I think ;-)
  • I was there too Sparrows, simply amazing. Danny Boyle is a genius! Such a shame it was all let down by public transport, absolutely horrendous getting out :(

Took loads of photos but #savingthesurprise.
  • Haha yeah and for some reason every que for food etc that looked like it should take 2 minutes actually takes 40 minutes. Well we are Brits and we like to suffer in near silence I suppose. But take it as a warning for people if your at the games.. give plenty of time for food stops.

And the worlds largest Mc D's was actually quite small :-/

Danny Boyle is an absolute genius. Even enjoyed the 28 days later post apocalyptic bag search from the army felt like I was entering a decontanimated zone with all the army in sight. Not a speck of G4S. :-)

Cannot wait for the games to start. Plugs the gap till the start of the season :-)
  • To be fair, everything else was brilliant. Found all the staff to be spot on and helpful. Even they admitted that getting water in there was a nightmare though. Not often you can get a beer quicker than water! Lots of queues but all seemed orderly, defo eat before going in though.

Can recommend The Cow pub opposite, busy but they had loads of staff on and got beers easily enough.

Was lucky with the bag search, straight through.
  • Pendleton much fitter than Ennis.
  • Pendleton much fitter than Ennis.

Agreed. She's worthy of a thread all of her own too!
  • I went last night as well, won't spoil it but as I entered I thought this is going to be just a big school play, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I know its cliche but made me proud to be British.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Pendleton much fitter than Ennis.

Agreed. She's worthy of a thread all of her own too!
    Agreed as well. Also anyone with Smashing Pumpkins lyrics tattooed on themselves is fine in my book
  • Off_it said:

Watch out, or the "Olympic Facists" will come for you. Just ask Len Glover.

Also, why is the second category badged up as "negative impact". Do we need a separate "positive impact" thread to balance it up?

I too would like a positive impact thread. I am fed up with people moaning because they have to 'give up' a little time each day for longer journeys or have their precious routine disturbed just because the greatest global sporting show on earth is on their doorstep!
  • Sponsored links:

• Brunello said:

Off_it said:

Watch out, or the "Olympic Facists" will come for you. Just ask Len Glover.

I too would like a positive impact thread. I am fed up with people moaning because they have to 'give up' a little time each day for longer journeys or have their precious routine disturbed just because the greatest global sporting show on earth is on their doorstep!
    spoken by somebody that obviously doesnt have to commute into London im guessing?
  • I agree with Brunello, as someone who lives next to a venue, and has to commute to London
  • having been amongst the disruption that SouthEastern caused yesterday at 5pm, when trying to get home in this heat, theres gonna be a lot of people that disagree with you.
  • You guess wrong. I drive through the Blackwall Tunnel every day.

• Train break down all the time, hardly the Olympics fault, especially as there were no events along the lines yesterday
  • edited July 2012
    not quite the same as standing on a packed train, with no aircon and a load of smelly bastards

and i wouldnt even wanna imagine what the tubes gonna be like
  • edited July 2012
    Rothko said:

Train break down all the time, hardly the Olympics fault, especially as there were no events along the lines yesterday

my point is its gonna be alot busier next week so the trains are gonna be even more packed.

but hey, weightliftings on when i get home.
  • not quite the same as standing on a packed train, with no aircon and a load of smelly bastards

and i wouldnt even wanna imagine what the tubes gonna be like

You are kidding, you're moaning about trains that you dont even pay for?

• edited July 2012
    lol didnt take long

having been amongst the disruption that SouthEastern caused yesterday at 5pm, when trying to get home in this heat, theres gonna be a lot of people that disagree with you.

you are confusing me with moaning and me stating reasons why other people are gonna moan
  • Ten working days then the main event is over. Can you not bite the bullet for ten days for the amount of enjoyment and pleasure the games will bring to millions of other people? Or does the world revolve around you ( that is not aimed particularly at you VG, but generally at the people moaning ).