Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

No I dont think its as serious as that... :-)

But its not looking great.

• Options
    I thought everything was OK and we had no problems?
  • Options
    razil said:

isn't the idea of Twitter (and the indeed the OS could arguably be in the same bracket) to give an instant reponse to quell rumours etc and protect the brand?

No. The idea of official twitter and the website is to give the information the business wants to give. The brand is not compromised by the rumours spread on here. I'm not saying it isn't true but really do you expect every business to comment on issues within there business? We will hear when it is the right time - right or wrong. But responding to gossip/rumour is not the role of the website/twitter - giving information is what it is there for and as much as it annoys us we'll hear when the club is ready.

Remember we got a statement from MS in the SLP - but that wasn't good enough and got criticised - so what do you want?
  • Options
    I think it stinks that if the club are acknowledging rumours, and are issuing a statement to calm fans down, they're doing it through print media.

With the world being all about instant access, rolling news, giving a statement to a paper who can tease it a day before publication? It takes the piss really. If they have something to say, say it on twitter, or on the website, not give it to the SLP who will keep it secret to try and squeeze a few extra sales out of Charlton fans tomorrow.

And for the people saying the club can't/shouldn't respond to every rumour - well Slater has responded to this one now so not responding is no longer an option in this case.
  • Options
    Those who are posting "told you so, but you didn't listen" styled comments - you're really not adding anything productive.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

I thought everything was OK and we had no problems?

Lol, you are such a piss taker.
  • Options
    But when people did add something productive a few weeks ago they were told they were talking shite?
  • Options
    I was not one of those, I knew you were not talking shite and you are in the know, you just crack me up the way you dip in and out with a few words.

Good work man, keep it up
  • Options
    Here is a novel idea,instead of a PR exercise or some bullshit.How about telling the fans,the lifeblood of the club the truth.I am not asking for chapter and verse,nor all the details but a meaningful statement.Even if it is bad news I am a big boy and I can handle it.I know this is Nieve of me,but it would be nice.Because Mr Slater you are losing a bit of credibility and belief in my eyes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Curb_It said:

no no no i'm going to bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is great

smoke and fire you clowns

Why dont you just concentrate on what this news means like everyone else rather than slag off fellow fans.

Weirdo.

people in glass houses ....................

if the cap fits .............
  • Options
    I blame Jeffers.
  • Options
    if only we hadn't spent 2.6m on him
  • Options

razil said:

isn't the idea of Twitter (and the indeed the OS could arguably be in the same bracket) to give an instant reponse to quell rumours etc and protect the brand?

No. The idea of official twitter and the website is to give the information the business wants to give. The brand is not compromised by the rumours spread on here. I'm not saying it isn't true but really do you expect every business to comment on issues within there business? We will hear when it is the right time - right or wrong. But responding to gossip/rumour is not the role of the website/twitter - giving information is what it is there for and as much as it annoys us we'll hear when the club is ready.

Remember we got a statement from MS in the SLP - but that wasn't good enough and got criticised - so what do you want?
    I cannot understand how you can be fully supportive. Shakes head.
  • Options
    It's all gone tits up since Airman moved to the coast.
  • Options
    its all going abit newcastle utd.. only difference is their actual chairman/owner is one of britians richestmen and kept pumping money in demba ba pape cisse and the rest, our now alledged owner mr jimnez and the other 'cockney mafia' were seen to be the ones ruining newcastle fast and the problem behind their fall to the championship, and if it wasnt for ashley pumping in the millions and standing firm they could well have ended up in league one.
    So if we do infact have mysterons (the real power behind jiminez) they really need now to step up to the plate and reasure us all that all is well, because if it goes pete tonge they will have a riot on there hands if they feck this club up and take us even lower than we have been in the past few years, and god forbid if powelly walks... may god have mercy on their souls.
    I hope its all just a storm in a teacup with with the powers that be just shuffling there hands to make sure were going to be ok and have the best people at the helm,My only worry is that mr slater just dosnt seem to be the person i would turn to too steady the ship unlike richard murray who we 90% all had faith in, i dont know slater or anything about him just for some reason he dosnt fill me with confidence to be a lighthouse in the oncomming stormy waters.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

no no no i'm going to bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is great

smoke and fire you clowns

Why dont you just concentrate on what this news means like everyone else rather than slag off fellow fans.

Weirdo.

people in glass houses ....................

if the cap fits .............
    You sound like a flipping 12 year old. You make my blood boil the way you slag off your fellow fans - there's no point being on here because its not enjoyable, regardless of what ishappening to this club. you ruin this website for me.

• Options
    Panic panic dont make me laugh so far slaters delivered and still trust him wot else can u do? Nothing! So the chief exec had issues with the money meen so what happens in all bussiness
  • Options
    you never know, we might be being primed for another takeover. think about it - we're promoted, so we're now a more attractive investment - being a team going into the championship, rather than one going out of it, presumably with less debt than before. Jimenez buying up shares, because he knows (having close ties with Zabeel investments) and wants a bigger pay off. it could all add up to big changes afoot - like a takeover.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

I said to protect the Brand, as in reputational damage can be done very quickly in this day and age, but that may not apply in this case of course so you may have a point.

razil said:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    heard from some staff saying that he has been leaking stories about the owners and trying to destabilize the club to press/forums etc, he's probably working for West Ham Utd seeing as he supported them!
  • Options
    Lol, Janey, that has just added another 10 pages to this thread
  • Options
    janey767 said:

heard from some staff saying that he has been leaking stories about the owners and trying to destabilize the club to press/forums etc, he's probably working for West Ham Utd seeing as he supported them!

could be @Roma?
  • Options
    janey767 said:

Oh...well....... yet another story breaks....boy oh boy what a stressful day on CL!!

• Options

I think it stinks that if the club are acknowledging rumours, and are issuing a statement to calm fans down, they're doing it through print media.

With the world being all about instant access, rolling news, giving a statement to a paper who can tease it a day before publication? It takes the piss really. If they have something to say, say it on twitter, or on the website, not give it to the SLP who will keep it secret to try and squeeze a few extra sales out of Charlton fans tomorrow.

And for the people saying the club can't/shouldn't respond to every rumour - well Slater has responded to this one now so not responding is no longer an option in this case.

Maybe time is needed to construct the response, if events have surprised those who may be called on to respond.
  • Options

razil said:

I cannot understand how you can be fully supportive. Shakes head.
    How is that being supportive? I'm talking about the role of the website and twitter and what our expectations in terms of communication should be. Getting fed up with your constant digs CE.
  • Options
    janey767 said:

I am not in the office today and it would be wrong for me to comment on this speculation anyway. However, I am not going to allow character assassination to go unchallenged, wherever it comes from. Speaking as someone who has worked closely with Steve for ten years, I can say that he is a person of integrity and I can reassure everyone that he enjoys the total support of Peter Varney and his senior management team. Steve is not a Charlton fan in the way that some us are, but he has always been totally committed to the club and I'm certain that remains the case.

• Options

Be interested to see if Prothero takes up his post next Wednesday.

You'll get good odds, seeing as he is only meant to be working 1 day a week :-)

Really? who told you that?
    oh.Steve Kavanah you say.
  • Options
    The @SLP would have gone to print before all this so the piece with Slater for tomorrow would have been earlier in the week.

I.equally can't understand why the club chooses to put out its official quotes through a paper that its supporters do not read, whilst it has its own website it is desperate to drive traffic to.
  • Options
    Finding it increasingly difficult to................