Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    I really don't know what to post or think about this news at the moment.
  • Options

I really don't know what to post or think about this news at the moment.

What 'News ' is that then?

• Options
    WSS said:

@davyjack, why are you posting as @janey767 as well? Seems like they are shared accounts.

Both accounts created March 3 also.

And both trying to hint at trouble.
  • Options
    The news that has not been officially confirmed , but everyone thinks its happened.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

janey767 said:

heard from some staff saying that he has been leaking stories about the owners and trying to destabilize the club to press/forums etc, he's probably working for West Ham Utd seeing as he supported them!

I am not in the office today and it would be wrong for me to comment on this speculation anyway. However, I am not going to allow character assassination to go unchallenged, wherever it comes from. Speaking as someone who has worked closely with Steve for ten years, I can say that he is a person of integrity and I can reassure everyone that he enjoys the total support of Peter Varney and his senior management team. Steve is not a Charlton fan in the way that some us are, but he has always been totally committed to the club and I'm certain that remains the case.

would your office be at a place called The Valley??

Good enough for me.
  • Options

janey767 said:

heard from some staff saying that he has been leaking stories about the owners and trying to destabilize the club to press/forums etc, he's probably working for West Ham Utd seeing as he supported them!

I am not in the office today and it would be wrong for me to comment on this speculation anyway. However, I am not going to allow character assassination to go unchallenged, wherever it comes from. Speaking as someone who has worked closely with Steve for ten years, I can say that he is a person of integrity and I can reassure everyone that he enjoys the total support of Peter Varney and his senior management team. Steve is not a Charlton fan in the way that some us are, but he has always been totally committed to the club and I'm certain that remains the case.

Seeing as we seem to hang so much on Airmans every word, would one not assume that Kavanagh is still here??

• Options

Was there really more openness in the old days? Especially in the summer holidays?

Or were we happy not to get updates 24/7 in the pre internet/twitter age...

It felt more transparent that's for sure.
  • Options

jiminez won't talk to the media, let alone engage with fans.

We are run by a guy who won't talk to anyone, backed by people no one knows. Slater is the front of house, nothing more.

As for what Janey said, very much doubt that is true. Have never heard anyone suggest that about Kavanagh before, and all of a sudden she has spoke to multiple staff who all say it.

So I'll personally take that with a pinch of salt.

haven't we all of a sudden got really short term memories? didn't JImenez come in with Slater and the new lot and revamp our club? did SK bring in 22 new players and SCP? Isn't it how our team perform on the pitch that matters the most? I fully support the owners and basically whatever the decision is for SK going I am sure it was a reason that was perfect sense to them, they are the businessmen we are the fans who support OUR TEAM not boardroom chat - it's done, get over it, i'm sure it was a good reason, we are in the championship - remember who got us there - SCP and NEW OWNERS not boardroom!

• Options
    Ketman said:

I think we can only judge the current Board on not what is said but by what they do.
    They got rid of Parky & appointed Powell.
    They signed the best Striker available in the january transfer window.
    They oversaw the rebuilding of a squad which subsequently walked the league. All massively positive no-one can complain.

Since then....Varney Gone, Kavanagh Going, Players brought in are ex Academy boy from Stevenage and a released player from Sunderland, it's fairly clear what our ambition is on the pitch for this year and it's clearly not promotion.
    At best a massive opportunity has been missed this summer with momentum built and a chance to steel a march on competitors for players as we were in the box seat in April, in true Charlton style 'all our dreams torn asunder'. At worst...let's not even go there.

and aside from the bit at the end they are the FACTS

• Options

WSS said:

@davyjack, why are you posting as @janey767 as well? Seems like they are shared accounts.

Both accounts created March 3 also.

And both trying to hint at trouble.
    just for the record, there are 8 of us in our house and we all have an opinion and all are charlton fans, if my missus wants to comment she can, if the kids wanna comment they can too, if we hear things about the club good or bad we'll say our opinion!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This place has got seriously bitchy the last few weeks
  • Options
    We have long memories, that's why the interest/anxiety.
  • Options
    What is CONFIRMED though ? what do we actually KNOW?

1/We have signed two players.
    2/One signed for a fee.
    3/Varney has gone.
    4/None of our better players have been sold.
    5/We have just come back from a Spainish tour.
    6/We havent excepted any thing yet for Clarke.

Other than the above what can be CONFIRMED that we are DOOMED ?

If we were in total money melt down it would have affected 1/2/4/5 and 6.

Who knows what is happening ? NO ONE ON HERE.
  • Options
    It is a fact that Portsmouth won the cup. It may soon be a fact that Portsmouth will be no more.
    Many people have laid on flowers and chocolates and a weekend in Venice to get laid, but when things get a bit serious and tricky they avoid the issue, or obfuscate, or lie, and people get hurt.
  • Options
    This is more dysfunctional than the last time nothing happened
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Curb_It said:

Curb_It said:

no no no i'm going to bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is great

smoke and fire you clowns

Why dont you just concentrate on what this news means like everyone else rather than slag off fellow fans.

Weirdo.

people in glass houses ....................

if the cap fits .............
    You sound like a flipping 12 year old. You make my blood boil the way you slag off your fellow fans - there's no point being on here because its not enjoyable, regardless of what ishappening to this club. you ruin this website for me.

sorry you feel this way
    but i don't like the way that people who are the bearers of bad news are constantly abused and being shot down (hence my sarcastic remarks aimed at the aggresssors of this behaviour, whoever they might be)
    this will discourage openess and i personally like to hear whats going on (good or bad) about OUR club and we can all pick what we so wish to believe out of it
  • Options
    GH, at this precise moment it has not been CONFIRMED that Mr Kavanagh has gone. However if it is confirmed in the next week, would you agree some people who post on here do know SOME of what is happening?
  • Options
    Addicted said:

There seems to be an argument on nearly every thread!
  • Options

Addicted said:

There seems to be an argument on nearly every thread!
    This
  • Options
    I suspect a lot may happen in the next few days, and not much of it fun. Up the Addicks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is slater jiminez little joey?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    nolly said:

is slater jiminez little joey?

Must admit, that's how I see it
  • Options

janey767 said:

Even when he turned up on peoples doorsteps with Sky News!
  • Options
    razil said:

I suspect a lot may happen in the next few days, and not much of it fun. Up the Addicks!

Thank you, Mr Passive Aggressive.
  • Options
    The problem is, that the people aren't 'bearers of bad news' they're bearers of speculation of bad news, which is somewhat different. I'm happy to read about speculation and rumours (and disagree with people being rude and abusive back), but it doesn't mean I have to believe all of it until I see more concrete proof.

So far nothing that has HAPPENED this summer suggests we're going down the the plughole or about to go down the plughole. We're not about to spend a fortune to try and get promotion, but I have no problem with sensible consolidation. PV leaving could be bad news...or it could be a sign that he's confident that the new owners HE brought in are doing a good job and don't need him.

If next week Solly is sold, SCP resigns saying promises were broken and HMRC threaten action to get their tax bill paid, then I'll believe we're in the brown stuff.
  • Options
    Does anyone else find it a little bit irritating how all people are so quick to jump to references of Portsmouth in all of this?

We're a club that may be (or maybe not) in some financial difficulty, yet people are jumping the gun and making a comparison between our situation and a club who's situation has been publicly known as grimmer than grim for about two and a half years!
  • Options
    Someone a while ago did some research about the possible financial standing of our owners. It was difficult because a lot of stuff is registered abroad where you can't find out about who owns what or who has what.
    Indeed it may be none of our business anyway!!
    BUT
    Where Simon Jordan got his dosh is/was known. Where John Madjeski, Delia Smith, Roman Abramovitch, Mike Ashley and so on get their money from is known. We don't know anything really, and therefore events such as storming the division, or getting players, or sorting out the big screen, or losing access to some of Lansdowne Mews, or Peter Varneys departure...Steve Kavanagh...are all we have to go on.
    These events are played out against the background of clubs imploding here and there, and it should be no suprise that the events are picked over in fine detail.
    God help the person who presides over our demise if it happens though, and didn't Simon Jordan talk a good game up to the point Crystal Palace went into administration?
  • Options
    It's now on the OS. Is it ok to panic now???!!
  • Options
    WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE part 2