Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    "The intention now is to allow incoming executive vice-chairman Martin Prothero time to analyse the management structure at the club before making recommendations as to the executive and senior management team going forward."
  • Options

If next week Solly is sold, SCP resigns saying promises were broken and HMRC threaten action to get their tax bill paid, then I'll believe we're in the brown stuff.

Tax bill?
  • Options
    Says hes to remain as Chief Executive though....
  • Options
    It's now on the OS. Is it ok to panic now???!!
    If you want to panic feel free, I won't be joining you though.

Indeed from the statement, SK is still chief executive and hasn't left.
  • Options
    The statement at least suggests that Mr Kavanagh will get paid his wages on Tuesday. That has to be a good thing.
    (posted by Mr Positivity)
  • Options
    Article off the OS:

Chief executive leaves Charlton board

Posted on: Thu 26 Jul 2012

Matt Wright reports

Stephen Kavanagh has resigned from the Charlton board of directors, the club announced on Thursday, although he remains employed by the club as chief executive.

Charlton chairman Michael Slater added: "Steve has simply tendered his resignation as a member of the board of directors - he was not asked to resign - and his resignation has been accepted by the other board members.

"The intention now is to allow incoming executive vice-chairman Martin Prothero time to analyse the management structure at the club before making recommendations as to the executive and senior management team going forward."
  • Options
    Can someone explain what that means? Does SK have any meaningful involvement now? Why did he resign?
  • Options

If next week Solly is sold, SCP resigns saying promises were broken and HMRC threaten action to get their tax bill paid, then I'll believe we're in the brown stuff.

Tax bill?
    I wasn't talking with secret knowledge, it's just that the tax bill for football clubs is one of their largest expenses, and one of the 1st things clubs try and avoid; unlike other suppliers, you can't tell HMRC to piss off and come back in 6 months! Clubs often get sent in administration because they haven't paid their taxes...
  • Options

Says hes to remain as Chief Executive though....

Until Mr Prothero tells him to bugger off. ;-)

• Options

Article off the OS:

Chief executive leaves Charlton board

Posted on: Thu 26 Jul 2012

Matt Wright reports

Stephen Kavanagh has resigned from the Charlton board of directors, the club announced on Thursday, although he remains employed by the club as chief executive.

Charlton chairman Michael Slater added: "Steve has simply tendered his resignation as a member of the board of directors - he was not asked to resign - and his resignation has been accepted by the other board members.

Last paragraph sounds like administrator wording
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Twitter is now broken. This is the start of the end. I'm getting a load of tinned food and moving to the cupboard under the stairs
    news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57480653-93/twitter-goes-down-company-at-work-on-solution/
  • Options
    Can someone explain what that means? Does SK have any meaningful involvement now? Why did he resign?
    1) It could be merely a restructure of the board, at work the CEO of one of our subsidiaries resigned as a director, but he's still very much the CEO and in charge..... or
    2) Something else
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

As I understand it SK was both a director and employee, his role being that of Chief Executive, CEO whatever you want to call it.

My reading is that he has resigned as a director but is continuing in his job as CEO.

To quote Johnny Nash (I think) there are more questions than answers but to answer your question yes he still has meaningful involvement as CEO.
  • Options
    Im bored of worrying now. Just waiting to see how we start of in the league now
  • Options
    Thanks Len / Killer
  • Options
    The club have made an announcement; he has left the Board not the Club
  • Options

It's now on the OS. Is it ok to panic now???!!
    If you want to panic feel free, I won't be joining you though.

Indeed from the statement, SK is still chief executive and hasn't left.</blockquote

At that level you don't resign and start a new job next week......
    This, the second board level departure, rumours of non-payment of bills....If someone can tie these up into a potentially promising situation that sounds realistic then I'd be delighted. until then I'm a bit concerned.

More than that, i'd be massively disappointed if it turns out we are now a club like Newcastle that is at the whim of a bloke like Ashley. OK, obviously Newcastle are doing well at the moment, but you know what I'm getting at...
  • Options
    As i've said before.Prothero is one big cookie.Would not have come cheap and i'm afraid to say, has a hell of a lot more clout than Varney or Kavanagh in the world of football.
    That's football and not Charlton I know.But our people are not really charlton people anymore are they.
  • Options
    Storm in a tea cup this! My interpretation of the official statement is that by staying on the board SK felt he was hindering the management review so as a top professional, which he is, by resigning from the board would allow an open and frank analysis of the current executive management of the club. It could be that SK would remain and be re-invited back to the board.

I think that there are some malevolents out there wrangling their hands in glee at the reactions on this thread... Keep a level head everyone - this does not mean the demise of our beloved club - SK resigning from both the Board and as Chief Executive simultaneously would be, for me, a disaster, but this is not the case here. Lets wait and see with a cool head, folks!
  • Options
    Went away for 20 minutes and saw the OS announcement.......I was checking to see why this had not been scooped to the KT group.. one of our partners last year, but noticed on the CAFC home page there logo is now gone. Still cannot see why you would want to share this type of news to a paper read by our arch rival club Millwall. I suppose this will be passed of as boardroom alignment, or restructure, which if you are a generous person who take things on face value then you will get a better nights sleep. But a cynic like myself tends to look at thinks half empty. I am a man who has faith, but not blind faith...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in prothero house at school, I'm afraid that's as far as my knowledge goes with regards to what's going on with the board
  • Options
    I think I'll go and look for some more ants nests.
  • Options
    Another legal savvy announcement. Even a resignation can't be straightforward at our club anymore :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    Charming.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Last paragraph sounds like administrator wording

In what way? Genuine question by the way - since temperatures appear to be running high on here!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Addicted said:

This place has got seriously bitchy the last few weeks

There seems to be an argument on nearly every thread!
    No theres not

• Options
    So does that mean if I call Charlton and ask for Steve I will get through now?
  • Options
    Yes!