Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Kavanagh Left The Club

Comments

• Options
    Last year at work the director of my company was offered redundancy which he accepted. They then appointed a new 'general manager' and the assistant directors had to reapply for their jobs under a new title. It was all part of a board restructure and I am also guessing their salaries went down.

This was a year before the company had to rebid for the contract. The new general manager went on to make over 100 redundancys because we needed to cut costs. The company weren't skint or in trouble but had to see where money was being wasted and could be saved.

I am just giving one example of what goes on in business. I am guessing the same thing is going on at Charlton. New owners are restructuring the board and probably want to reduce costs and bring their own men in. I really can't see what the big deal and overreactions are all about.
  • Options

They are buying Lidl own brand tea-bags instead of Twinings? Can AB confirm this?

the way its going AB will be next to go

• Options
    Isn't Jimenez bringing his own people in and getting rid of the old guard?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

That's the way I see it. And restructuring the board to how he wants it.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Redhenry said:

There was a rumour flying around a few weeks ago that Gordon Smith (Ex-Rangers) was being brought in as Director of Football

• Options
    I've nothing against SK, but if he leaves it's hardly the end of the world. Don't forget he was there throughout the whole 2006-2011 decline period, so maybe the new owners thing he is in some ways tainted?
  • Options
    Ooh, that would be bad, due to Smith being a fucking numbnut. Appalling career in management, then a poor time at the SFA where he claimed that there was a conspiracy against poor little Rangers. I recall John Lambie tearing him a new one during a similarly underwhelming period as a TV pundit. Shudder, now I'm worried.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

in the job until he has served his notice period imo

The OS statement seems to indicate that SK is in his job for ever, or until Mr Protheroe suggests changes at executive level, so no notice period at all then.
    If Mr Protheroe suggests changes, then presumably the owners will proceed with due process.
    None of the above applies if SK has 'adjusted' his position under other circumstances.
    So at mid day we get the idea that SK has gone, then after a lot of panic (and time to think up a statement) late afternoon we hear that it is simply his directorship he has gone from. Why that? Why now? Due process? The normal procedure of business life?
    Hmmmmn
    Normally with someone that has a position of responsability you shift them out as soon as possible to mitigate any risk they would do something which might cause long term harm to the company however, the caliber of those that have already left could leave Charlton with a lack of executive knowledge.
  • Options
    So SK has resigned from the board but remains employed as CEO?!! Seriously, how can someone act as CEO without being on the board? I've sat on many boards & I've never heard anything quite so ridiculous. It's a nonsensical statement & just means they haven't yet got anybody lined up to replace him. This statement rings many many alarm bells as to what exactly is going on in the CAFC boardroom.
  • Options

So SK has resigned from the board but remains employed as CEO?!! Seriously, how can someone act as CEO without being on the board? I've sat on many boards & I've never heard anything quite so ridiculous. It's a nonsensical statement & just means they haven't yet got anybody lined up to replace him. This statement rings many many alarm bells as to what exactly is going on in the CAFC boardroom.

How did that interview go with the fella from Zabeel?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Red Pete, it will be a legally factually correct statement that won't tell the whole story.

The reality has probably been suggested elsewhere, he has resigned and will be put on gardening leave.
  • Options
    Legal, but fatuous
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Yep.Shock horror.

• Options

Redhenry said:

Yep.Shock horror.

This sarcasm would be appropriate if Tony Jiminez had a track record as a successful chairman of respected corporations. He hasn't.

If Protheroe actually comes in, and does a job, and is still doing it this time next year, this sarcasm will again be appropriate. How much would either of you care to bet me that he will be?
  • Options

Please don't start bringing common sense in to this discussion. Kavanagh wasn't forced out, he willingly resigned, because he fancied a change. Just like Varney. They were both extremely happy, but resigned.
    There's nothing going on la la la la la.
  • Options
    Yeah its a disaster, we are going into Liquidation soon. A mate of a mate says Tony Jimmez hates Charlton and wants to bring them down, Slater is a secret Palace fan and Richard Murray is going to resign as he has no longer control.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Please don't start bringing common sense in to this discussion. Kavanagh wasn't forced out, he willingly resigned, because he fancied a change. Just like Varney. They were both extremely happy, but resigned.

Anyone remember the smurfs song that charted about 30 years ago, or am i making it up
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Yep.Shock horror.

This sarcasm would be appropriate if Tony Jiminez had a track record as a successful chairman of respected corporations. He hasn't.

If Protheroe actually comes in, and does a job, and is still doing it this time next year, this sarcasm will again be appropriate. How much would either of you care to bet me that he will be?
    Jimenez hasn't done a bad job up to now.
    May not be a successful chairman of respected corporations.
    The man he's just bought in looks like he may well be.

• Options
    Yep, there will be magic like the cliffhangers at Saturday morning pictures 'with one bound he was free...and they lived happily ever after'.
    Could happen...you never know!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    DiscoCAFC said:

Yeah its a disaster, we are going into Liquidation soon. A mate of a mate says Tony Jimmez hates Charlton and wants to bring them down, Slater is a secret Palace fan and Richard Murray is going to resign as he has no longer control.

Yes, but why all the lies ? Why not just admit that Varney & Kavanagh didn't agree with other members of the board ?

You may think everthing's all sweet, but it isn't.

If Powell resigns, will you change your opinion ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Powell doesnt resign what will you think Covered End?
  • Options
    razil said:

Anyone remember the smurfs song that charted about 30 years ago, or am i making it up
    Didn't Lawrie Abrahams or some such name sing that?
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

If Powell doesnt resign what will you think Covered End?

Well there were rumours Kavanagh was going to walk & he has.

There are also rumours that Powell has twice threatened to walk !

Let's pray he doesn't !
  • Options

DiscoCAFC said:

Yes, but why all the lies ? Why not just admit that Varney & Kavanagh didn't agree with other members of the board ?

You may think everthing's all sweet, but it isn't.

If Powell resigns, will you change your opinion ?
    Name me one organisation where the details of boardroom rifts have been officially released to the public domain?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm not saying that companies do reveal rifts. But what gets up my nose is people on here saying that they don't believe there are any issues & won't until it's on the O/S or an announcement is made.

It will never be on the O/S etc - that's the whole point !

It's almost like saying I don't believe smoking is harmful, because everything looks ok on the outside.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Does it really matter either way?
    Are you hoping that by revealing information that those on the inside are trying so hard to keep a secret that some how we will be able to do something about it before it's too late?

We won't!

• Options
    Read the newshopper website , Its fucking bang on accurate..you Scaremongers....
  • Options
    We'll all just stay silent & play dumb then.
  • Options

Don't think we have a lot of choice.The time for that may have passed.
    Didn't hear too many people shouting when this club was being continually pulled closer to the gutter these past 5 years.
  • Options

What is the point of this?

There is a great deal of turbulence currently with the club -- whether this portends doom or is simply par for the course of a reorganization is clearly the subject of disagreement. (For my part, what I read on here has made it much more difficult to enjoy the preseason showings on the pitch.)

But why is so much of the disagreement expressed with personal digs? This thread, as well as others, is populated with supporters taking shots at other supporters or the expression of desire of recognition should their particular viewpoint prove accurate based on future events.

Repeatedly, contributors have expressed dissatisfaction or a decision to walk away from this forum. I remain a tourist here, but for everyone that does post here: I thoroughly enjoy reading through all the varying opinions and perspectives on CAFC-related events and topics. I cannot understand why these disagreements have turned so bitterly personal for so many and I do not see the point.

I visit this site, in part, to read Covered End's posts -- along with many others who regularly write here. They substantially augment my ability to understand and enjoy the club. I am grateful for them, but find it bizarre that the forum has devolved not because of WUMs but because of differences of opinions amongst regular contributors that have turned increasingly nasty.