Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Barnet Friendly - (FT 4-1, BWP, Yann 2, Jacko)

Comments

• Options
    Midfield seem very flexible. Now Kerker holding Waggy right Cook left with Green supporting Smith & Haynes.
  • Options
    Kerker looks more comfortable now holding. Phillips on for Hamer.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Fortune off to a rousing "he sent the Palace down" from someone on my right !
  • Options
    Seb ?
  • Options
    Green off target from range. Dangerous cross from Wiggins cleared Superman style by the Barnet keeper.
  • Options
    Green put clear into the box by Smith woefully wide fro ten yards. F/T Barnet 1 Charlton Athletic 4
  • Options
    Many thanks again, No 1

Safe journey home.
  • Options

Many thanks again, No 1

Safe journey home.

• Options
    Cheers No1, much appreciated
  • Options
    Thanks No 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the updates, No. 1. I couldn't make/listen to the game, so I'm really grateful for this thread.
  • Options
    Good result. well done lads
    Just wish kerm would score with more chip shots so we can call him kermit the lob...
    I'll get my coat
  • Options
    Thanks for all the updates.
  • Options
    enjoyed that. Yann is too good at freekicks. Kerkar started well but drifted out of the game. BWP missed a sitter in the first 30 seconds, nice finish for the goal but don't think he is up to it in the champ.
  • Options
    Mike said:

enjoyed that. Yann is too good at freekicks. Kerkar started well but drifted out of the game. BWP missed a sitter in the first 30 seconds, nice finish for the goal but don't think he is up to it in the champ.

Bit harsh, I think he could suprise a few people this year
  • Options
    0% autos 0% play offs 35% 7th-12th 55%13th-21st 10% the big R
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yann sounds like was up to his usual standard of legendary.

Sounds like we played well. While stuff off the pitch isn't going well at the moment I'm very pleased that stuff on the pitch is very good so far.
  • Options
    Interesting that Danny Uchechi played for Barnet last night. Isn't he the lad that quite a few on here had high hopes for?
    Seems he's had a bizarre career since leaving CAFC:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Uchechi#section_2
  • Options
    Went last night, couple of observations.

Can't see Wilson replacing Solly, good back up and solid, but did nothing going forward apart from two wasted crosses.

Kerkar, neat and tidy got better in the second half, but nothing special, weak in the tackle. If we are potless and he is cheap, may be worth a gamble.

Stephens very wasteful in first half, got shouted at by CP a few times and got better in 2nd half.

Yann still looking heavy but did ok.

None of the subs had very long to make an impact, but Danny Green had a couple of half chances and fluffed both. Cook seemed to have a shoot on site mentality.

Overall a typical pre-season game that doesn't tell you much but not sure we've grasped this new midfield concept yet, seemed a bit all over the place at times and Barnet seemed to find a lot of room through midfield which doesn't bode too well against Championship teams, but still early days yet.

Still feel we need 2/3 quality signings to make any impact in the Championship.

Nice to see John Fortune, wish him well for the season. Still looks classy, but very slow.
  • Options
    Good performance overall last night. We attacked from the off and played some neat passing football. I don't think BWP will ever score an easier goal; apart from being gifted the ball, the keeper seemed to get confused about his positioning leaving a massive space to aim at.

I agree with Essex Al, Wilson was good, but he's no Solly. Yann was very good despite the extra pounds. Apart from the goals, the two things that stuck out for me were a couple of magnificent cross-field passes that were inch perfect. I thought Kerkar was good. Lots of good passing and he looked pretty solid too. I hope we sign him.

We didn't play as well after the first batch of five substitutions, that seemed to break up our rhythm for us.

As for Barnet they passed it well and the couple of fellas they had on the left flank looked particularly good. Overall though they didn't have much strength in their team and nothing at all of note in the middle of the park.

Predictions based on this: Charlton will be alright this season. Barnet are likely to struggle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the reports.

Is Kerkar a CM or winger? Or can play either? Is he different to what we have?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    He was on the left last night; no idea whether he can play elsewhere. He looks more of a physical presence than the others and looked more likely to pass the ball around than hare off down the wing.
  • Options

There can never be a 0% chance of automatic promotion ( especially if you think there is a 35% of play offs).

• Options
    I was impressed with Kerkar last night - has good ball control and is very direct.

Cedric Evina also surprised me with his performance. When I've seen him in the past I haven't been so sure of him defensively. But in a game where we always looked attacking going forwards, he certainly played his part.

With Yann's free kicks, did anyone else just feel so confident that they were going in the net before he had even struck the ball? He's unreal!
  • Options

There can never be a 0% chance of automatic promotion ( especially if you think there is a 35% of play offs).

He says 35% 7th-12th
  • Options
    cafctom said:

...With Yann's free kicks, did anyone else just feel so confident that they were going in the net before he had even struck the ball? He's unreal!

Yes, but I never guessed he was going to go low with the second one.
  • Options
    Did anyone else hear Yann yell (in a French accent) 'YOU F**KING D*CKHEAD' at the linesman during the 1st half after a dodgy offside call?!

Hilarous, made the whole stand laugh!
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Oohaah's approach to probability is refreshingly unorthodox.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Thanks for the reports.

He played left midfield for most of the game, but looked better when the bulk of the substitutions were made and he played in centre midfield. From other previous reports of him, I was expecting a left winger that beat his full back and got a decent cross in, I can't remember that happening once! He's a very awquard, gangly looking type of player, but he was ok, not much more than that.

For a freebie (if his wages aren't horrendous) he would be an ok signing, but don't get too excited!

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

Thanks for the reports.

He played left midfield for most of the game, but looked better when the bulk of the substitutions were made and he played in centre midfield. From other previous reports of him, I was expecting a left winger that beat his full back and got a decent cross in, I can't remember that happening once! He's a very awquard, gangly looking type of player, but he was ok, not much more than that.

For a freebie (if his wages aren't horrendous) he would be an ok signing, but don't get too excited!

From what I remember, Kerkar and Evina absolutely destroyed their right back in the first half. I thought he was pretty decent. Has a touch of the Dale Stephens about him in regards to that awkwardness but a lot more attacking.