Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympics Diving

Cant see a thread on it so here goes!

Synchronised ladies ongoing at the moment, Chinese pair looking very good.

Question though, let's say one takes a bit of a slip and tumble while walking on the board. Do they get to go again or is it counted?

Comments

• It might be ok if they both slip at the same time.
  • And swear in unison !
  • GB women on now. Bloody hell Tonia Couch is a bit special!
  • think i heard last night that out of the last 32 olympic diving golds, china have won 24 of them.
  • Absolute piiiiiiiiiiece
  • Would fill her in
  • edited July 2012
    Mmmmm.....I'd like to do some syncronised stuff with her.
    Now where's me cozy?
  • Those Chinese are amazing! battle for 4th between us and the Germans I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• think i heard last night that out of the last 32 olympic diving golds, china have won 24 of them.

Which is amazing, considering the very large majority of Chinese people I know can't even swim.
  • China rule but they are made to train 24/7 in various sports hence their record.

Off topic but water based but not going well for TEAM GB in the swimming...not good enough or lack of effort?
  • Off topic but water based but not going well for TEAM GB in the swimming...not good enough or lack of effort?

I can't say I know much about swimming, but there appear to have been quite a few record set or almost broken. The competition looks very strong and I don't think Team GB have done that badly, there have been quite a few finalists but just the one medal won (so far).
  • True...I guess its easy to say why haven't we won this and that but then the Aussies for example have hardly excelled and we've never been that great in swimming.
  • I think these games have highlighted the real lack of investment in all Olympic sports so far

The stadiums the infrastructure has been fantastic but the lack of real competitive action in things like judo swimming archery is really evident

In things like gymnastics we have over achieved but seem to have a great male team that are working really hard to achieve greater things

But I personally would've forsaken some of the Ott stuff at the park and infrastructure to have supported the lesser sports and athletes to achieve greater things in the events

We really do need to invest in the sports that play a part I'm the Olympics

• im amazed by the amount of English coaches coaching foreign participants in England!
    WTF is that about?
  • We were doing well when everybody was wearing the low drag swimsuits but these have been banned since 2010 and we have struggled since.

Other nations have changed their training techniques to focus on more core strength which by looking purely at the results we don't seem to have.

or simply all our swimmers are getting on and no good juniors are coming through - take your pick.
  • edited August 2012
    in Athens our swimmers got 2 Bronze medals

in Beijing our swimmers got 2G/2S/2B

We have a Bronze medal, and tonight we have a good chance to get another 2 gold and possbily a silver/bronze, with more events to come. Alot of GB swimmers have made finals too.

Not that much of a difference.
  • bloody lucky for daley getting another dive
  • Why what happend
  • Sponsored links:

• said there was flashes so he got to dive again after a crap dive
  • He's going to have to go some to get a medal.
  • he's on target for one at the moment
  • Creeping up the leaderboard!
  • If that commentator says "faltering" again I'll smash my tv!
  • Can he catch the other two guys?
  • easily its so tight with the top 3, it's pretty much about the order of them 3 now for the medals unless one of them really cocks up
  • Blimey, this is close
  • Can he catch the other two guys?

yes he can! he's now into first with 1 jump left. It's basically a three way winner takes all on 1 jump