Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Disgusting Tweets towards Tom Daley

2»

Comments

• Options
    PaulCAFC said:

Unpleasant tweet from an idiot, but the Police are now getting involved. FFS - how many if us have been victims of proper crime and the Police have done nothing. Brilliant use of resources....

You have a point, however cyber bullying is apparently becoming a huge problem. If the OB get involved in a high profile case such as this, perhaps it may just put some knuckle draggers off doing it in the future?

• Options
    PaulCAFC said:

Unpleasant tweet from an idiot, but the Police are now getting involved. FFS - how many if us have been victims of proper crime and the Police have done nothing. Brilliant use of resources....

It was more than an unpleasant tweet, he was sending full on death threats.

• Options
    PaulCAFC said:

Damned if they do, damned if they don't though aren't they?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Have I missed something or have the Police arrested someone for suggesting that Tom let his dad down?

I know that, under the circumstances, it was an unpleasant thing to tweet, but I don't understand what they could actually charge him with.
  • Options
    KHA look back two posts, and there is your answer.
  • Options
    There seems to be no mention of death threats in the media. That's why I asked if I'd missed something.
  • Options
    Think I also missed the death threats. Different if that's true.
  • Options
    the death threats weren't levelled at Daley but others (they're still on Twitter) - he sounds like a lovely fella
  • Options
    Yes they were aimed at Daley, he told him he was going to drown him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a pretty good summary of the law in that link. There are plenty of potential offences for the police to "waste resources" on even without the threats.