Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - Tennis

Comments

• Options

Really Neil?

Yes, I'm a Federer fan so would liken it to a Charlton v England match, though obviously I know that wouldn't happen.

Would like him and Robson to win the doubles though, and would rather Murray gets the silver ahead of Djokovic etc.
    Hey look, each to their own, but it is not like Charlton v England. It's like Real Madrid against England, where you chose to support RM because they won the European cup when you were a kid, and have stuck with it... :-)
  • Options
    I'm nothing if loyal!
  • Options
    Just win the first set in the mixed doubles semis - closing in on another guaranteed medal. Robson playing very well.
  • Options
    They're through to the mixed doubles final!
  • Options

Just win the first set in the mixed doubles semis - closing in on another guaranteed medal. Robson playing very well.

..as did Murray. Two guaranteed medals for the British guy.

;-)

• Options
    He did Bournemouth agreed, just more expected from a world number 4 whereas Robson as an 18 year old at world number 100ish had a brilliant first set.

Hoping for a silver gold combo!
  • Options

He did Bournemouth agreed, just more expected from a world number 4 whereas Robson as an 18 year old at world number 100ish had a brilliant first set.

Hoping for a silver gold combo!

What if it was Murray/Robson V Federer/Some Swiss Bird?
  • Options
    Minimum of 2 silvers for Murray!

He won't beat Federer but maybe, just maybe, he can pick up a gold with Laura Robson.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

He won't beat Federer but maybe, just maybe, he can pick up a gold with Laura Robson.

Ata boy Len, your full weight swinging behind our boys/girls again as always!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Think I'd want GB to win - really want Federer to complete the Golden slam so it's all about the singles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Think I'd want GB to win - really want Federer to complete the Golden slam so it's all about the singles.

Can't really imagine wanting a foreign competitor to beat a Brit in the Olympics. Respect them sure, and Fed is deserving of that respect, but wanting to see another nations flag raised and anthem played ? No thanks.
  • Options
    Whoever wins, there won't be any Anthem singing by the Olympc Champ.
  • Options
    Shouldn't be in the Olympics , much the same as football.

Any sport where the olympics isn't the be all and end all shouldn't be in it.

Bloody golf's in next time around , ridiculous
  • Options
    Murray a set and a break up.
  • Options
    Brillinat shot that to save the game.
  • Options
    3-0 up in the 2nd, comon murray!
  • Options
    Is this 3 sets or 5 ?
  • Options
    Federer has not won a game in over 45 minutes. Pretty incredible.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2012
    4-0 up in the second now. Shame it's best of five sets!
  • Options
    WSS said:

4-0 up in the second now. Shame it's best of five sets!

Bugger!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    its in the bag, don't usually want Murray to win but do in the olympics
  • Options
    5-0
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

• Options
    great stuff,maybe this will be the platform to win a slam
  • Options
    Murray is playing out of his skin at the moment. Must be the extra incentive of representing his country ;-)
  • Options
    6-2 6-1
  • Options
    2-0 up.

Novak lost as well in the Bronze medal match.
  • Options
    Well done to Del Pottro for winning Argentinas first medal at these games. I guess training on Argentine soil to win on English soil didnt work out too well !
  • Options
    Flipping eck, he's looking good for gold!*

*BA applies kiss of death to Murray's chances
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Shame for him it's not two sets, could be done and dusted with plenty left in the tank for the doubles otherwise!