Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - Tennis

Comments

• Options
    feds just not with it today, his match the other day must have taken a lot out of him
  • Options
    Or the pressure of trying to win the only thing he hasn't already won.
  • Options
    Mike said:

feds just not with it today, his match the other day must have taken a lot out of him

Jeez can't you just give Murray some credit?

• Options

Mike said:

Jeez can't you just give Murray some credit?

obviously, but given the scoreline it's pretty obvious Federer is not on his game.
  • Options
    'Ave it!
  • Options
    He wins gold unbelievable
  • Options
    That's how to serve it out.
  • Options
    Superb, just superb! Well played Andy.
  • Options
    Way too easy obviously Federer wanted to get out of there what with the poisonous crowd putting him off his game, he let Murray win as he knew it's all Murray will ever win, and he feels bad for the scrawny Scot

;-)
  • Options
    Delighted to be proved wrong!

Well done Andy Murray. Well deserved.

Go out and get a second gold now with Laura Robson!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its going to be treated as a grand slam from Rio, at the request of the players
  • Options
    And he sung the anthem. Look how much he loves the English!!

Get in Murray. Done GB proud.
  • Options
    Sung GSTQ and is drapped in a union flag so that answers that question.
  • Options
    Surely can be no more question as to his love for this country of ours. Great moment, great achievement. There's so much momentum with Team GB right now it's amazing.
  • Options
    what a great win,he can win the us open
  • Options
    Hope he gets both now then!
  • Options
    Great Win, Another Gold. Still don't like the man. Sorry.
  • Options
    I'm sure he speaks well of you
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Its going to be treated as a grand slam from Rio, at the request of the players

but it aint one yet and that will eat him up :)

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I was impressed with his humility in the interview with Sue Barker in the moment of victory.

He said he does 400 metre reps in training and does 57 seconds fresh yet Mo Farah did 53 seconds after running 9,600 metres.

Good lad. I've always supported him but not particularly liked him. I like him better now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Awesome from Murray and I reckon that's a monkey off his back.
    Federer wanted that and he was destroyed.
    Murray can go on and win a slam now I'm sure of it.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Also isn't his fitness coach Matt Little a Charlton fanatic ?

I'm sure Murray came with him when we played Stoke in the Championship a few years ago.
  • Options
    Well done Murray, hope he goes on to win the US Open now (and the mixed doubles)
  • Options

I'm sure he speaks well of you

he does
  • Options

i love murray. the fact he gets right up peoples noses makes me love him even more.

Same, and part of me wanted him not to sing the anthem just to wind up the haters even more.

Played great, well done. Now for the double.

• Options
    So pleased for Murray, I think his reaction to defeat at Wimbledon has been superb - firstly in the out pouring of emotion in the immediate aftermath and then in his reaction on court to come back and play so well at the Olympics. So he'll never be able to host his own Saturday evening chat show, but he's shown character and personality to go with buckets of talent in the last couple of months. I really hope he gets cut some slack by the his critics now, because imho he's never deserved the level of stick people have given him.

I sense his moment for a Grand Slam is coming as Feds is ageing, Rafa seems to be getting a little bit injury prone and Djokovic has lost that metronomic consistency he had throughout the last year. I really hope Murray can carry the momentum of the Olympics into the US Open, but even if he doesn't he's done the country proud today.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

i love murray. the fact he gets right up peoples noses makes me love him even more.

Same, and part of me wanted him not to sing the anthem just to wind up the haters even more.

Exactly my feelings. In fact I was bit disappointed when he half heartedly mouthed a few words of the anthem. Love the way he gets up the noses of some people.
  • Options
    Amazing result. Well done Andy Murray.
  • Options
    Andy Murray - great performance,superb athlete, has shown great character and passion for his sport and the team he represents. Love the bloke :-)
  • Options

Yep, that's it for me.