Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

kids and sleepless nights

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012
    My son has always had problems getting to sleep. He wouldn't stay in his bed at all most nights.
    I spent most evenings staying with him to get him to settle. Usually he would only settle if he was exhausted.

We tried all the so called experts suggestions

a) saying nothing and putting him straight back to bed - in the end I was exhausted by going up and down stairs
    b) ensuring the bed-time was a routine with calmness at the centre - relaxation tapes, mood music, lullabys - none of it worked
    c) tried my GP for help/inspiration - he suggested b) above. When I told him we had already tried it, he was devoid of suggestions. I asked if there was any pills or potions. He had nothing to offer.

A friend who had a child with sleep problems suggested we get him bio-melatonin (Circadin). We went back to the GP who had never heard of it! He referred us to a Consultant Paediatrician who agreed to prescribe it. It is a hormone that we produce naturally that helps us relax down into sleep. First night we tried it my son was off within twenty minutes - it was a miracle.
  • Options

You need a magnetic one. Magnet round the cats neck. Only your cat comes in & and out.

We had one of those infra red ones for our cat because other cats were getting in. Trouble is everytime she heard one trying to get in she'd go down and investigate and by standing near to the flap it would unlock and the other cat would be in.

So I invested about £80 in one that only operates on the microchip in her neck and only when she puts her neck in it. Worked brilliantly................then she got run over and killed a week later!