Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oh what a perfect day.

Been stuck in front of the TV for the entire day....what a fabulous day it's been, I'm so proud of Team GB and will be going off to bed later as happy as a sandboy.
Going up to London tomorrow to soak up some of the atmos.
Trust the GB football team to screw up on penalties....didn't you just know it....but to be honest they never really caught my imagination from the outset for some strange reason, so I'm not much bothered.
Now looking forward to 80,000 people singing the national anthem 3 times over...........Oh YEAH!!!!!!!

Yes indeed.....Oh what a perfect day!

Comments

• Options
    I haven't left my flat today, literally in front of the tele all day, incredible.
  • Options
    That was some day/night and as MR Lineker just said "per head of population we are on top of the world as far as the medal table is concerned".....come on UK!!! Get in!!!!So proud!!!
  • Options
    Been stuck in bed since Thursday night ill but I couldn't think of a better time to get ill to be honest.

Watched the last 2 days, been incredible!

Well put Soundas
  • Options
    I made myself go out for a run this afternoon as I was in danger of getting bed sores and a DVT!

Won't get any better than today as a British sports fan.
  • Options
    Best gold of the day was Greg Rutherford - Totally unexpected.
  • Options
    Amazing day, amazing year. Proud to be British.
  • Options
    I'm off work for the two weeks. Watched everything. But today was ridiculously good, even the footballers' failure didnt't put too much of a dampener on it.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited August 2012
    London riots were 1 year ago . Incredible contrast !
  • Options
    Great day but gutted watching us lose in the football, really enjoyed watching team GB much more then the last few tornaments with England.
  • Options
    Also enjoyed watching KP bashing the Boks (not a euphemism) during the quiet period in the afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy and glorious. Great role models for youngsters - made me forget about the politicians, bankers and footballers
  • Options
    And Kevin Pietersen smashed 149 not out for England this afternoon as well...
  • Options
    missed the rowing and cycling, but what a fantastic evening.

I'm so gonna marry Jess...........................
  • Options
    absolutely right about the GB footie team, it's just not the same.

the sheer excitement, passion and steely determination of the rowers, cyclists, canoeists and athletes (so far) is what the Olympics are all about.

someone on here said a few days ago that these Olympians have a grace and dignity about them and they were spot on. this is what sport is all about because it means everything to them.

puts a good deal of footballers to shame.
  • Options
    The one thing that has struck me about Team GB is the humbleness of all the athletes when interviewed,they are all genuinely grateful for all the support and backing they are receiving,makes a very pleasant change to many other 'sportsmen' we could all no doubt mention.
  • Options
    How good was Mo Farah? They tried every tactic they could to stop him but he matched them every time.
  • Options
    FFS can we stop having to compare all this to Football/Footballers?

Enjoy what we are doing well, and stop linking it back to things that we should be 'ashamed' of.
  • Options
    Not us ashamed, them.
  • Options
    if you took the time to read my posts about the Olympics, "enjoying what we're doing well" is exactly what I've done so if I want to compare the humility of these people to footballers, I'll go ahead and do it if that's alright with you.

and i didn't use the word 'ashamed', i said it puts them to shame..different context.
  • Options
    Fabulous. Just watched Mo Farah again. Cannot remember when I was more proud to be British. And I haven't even arrived home yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All those golds, plus 3 paintings sold and a Amsterdam show booked :)... yes perfect day
  • Options
    What kind o Amsterdam show...
  • Options
    Brilliant day, very proud and glad to be British tonight.

Hopefully Murray will grab the two golds tomorrow to top off a great weekend.

Today will take some beating though and it will go down as one of the greatest days in British sporting history
  • Options
    JT said:

What kind o Amsterdam show...

Ha ! :) its a Street Art/graff gig
  • Options
    Thought it couldn't get any better after the three GB girls smashed the WR. AGAIN, but then moved into the stadium and £ gold medals !! Unbelievable. Keep it up guys'n'girls
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Makes superb reading this same Sunday last year I watched people the same age as some of our medalists loot and terrorise my town 2 days later they burnt down Sony just down the road from me

Now if some of those youngsters instead of looking at the scum that done that as role models look to Jess , Greg And Mo and think I can do that

Who knows what the true legacy could be

What a difference a year could make

• Options
    Nice montage JT; I think The Star has the best headline.
  • Options
    Just back from Stratford. Second best day of sport I've ever experienced (after Wembley 1998). The noise as Mo Farrah came down the home straight was without a doubt the loudest thing I have ever heard. Brilliant atmosphere - only downer is I have to be back there is 7 hours for some hockey.