Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oh what a perfect day.

2»

Comments

• Options
    What a privilege it must have been to be at the Olympic Stadium tonight . Those present will never forget the experience . Indeed a night to remember in British athletic history. SOOOOOO proud of our lads & lasses!!!
  • Options
    Being there must have been an incredible experience - just watching at home was amazing.

What a night to be British. So proud of all our incredible athletes.
  • Options
    One word "FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • Options
    Very proud down here, very very proud.
  • Options
    Not a big Athletics fan and haven't watched as much of the olympics since 1984 but today was special and it was nice to be cheering on the Brits this morning and tonight on to their Golds for the sheer love of sport , I forgot what that was like cos I always seem to have a moody bet on whilst watching any old sport these days ....
    Absolutely wonderful stuff and I received a yellow card for cheering too loudly, at home, as Mo was taking the final bend , brilliant , brilliant , brilliant
  • Options
    Mo Farrah seems a top top bloke.

When he was on A League of There Own he agreed to do the M sign ala YMCA if he won and after the race he was doing it for all the photographers.

It made me chuckle.
  • Options

Mo Farrah seems a top top bloke.

When he was on A League of There Own he agreed to do the M sign ala YMCA if he won and after the race he was doing it for all the photographers.

It made me chuckle.

"Man-crush" ?
    (Me too !!)
    ;-)

• Options
    so that's what that was all about.
  • Options
    Great day yesterday.....and the Hastings Old Town Carnival wern't bad either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a text from my brother yesterday, he's been out of work for a while and he tells me that he landed a job at the stadium ( not a volunteer) has been there since the testing and will be there until the end of the Paralympic. There's nothing like enjoying your work.
  • Options

Got a text from my brother yesterday, he's been out of work for a while and he tells me that he landed a job at the stadium ( not a volunteer) has been there since the testing and will be there until the end of the Paralympic. There's nothing like enjoying your work.

Great story..........lucky fella!
  • Options
    As much as anything I'm so pleased as this fabulous medal haul will help nullify the Olympic moaners who have complained about every damn thing for seven years and would take great delight in moaning about it for the next seven. It's the greatest show on earth and London should be happy and proud to host it.
  • Options

As much as anything I'm so pleased as this fabulous medal haul will help nullify the Olympic moaners who have complained about every damn thing for seven years and would take great delight in moaning about it for the next seven. It's the greatest show on earth and London should be happy and proud to host it.

Well said, SHG. It must be difficult for the cynics right now - everyone's loving the Olympics and they are making people very happy!

• Options
    I'm afraid you're wrong SHG.

The moans about our sports and our youth will soon return.

Some people just like to wallow in misery and while last night might lift them or at worst shut them up for a while they will soon be back mores the pity.
  • Options
    I was telling my mate that my missus would easily get a gold in rowing...................he then informed me that i was mis-pronouncing it and there's no arguing involved in the event.
  • Options

I was telling my mate that my missus would easily get a gold in rowing...................he then informed me that i was mis-pronouncing it and there's no arguing involved in the event.

yes there is.
  • Options
    Spent the day at the Danish (saw them beat us into silver in the rowing) and the German (saw us beat them in the mixed doubles) team houses. All through London there's an amazing atmosphere. So many different nationalities throughout the city. It's been amazing and I don't want it to end.
  • Options

Not a big Athletics fan and haven't watched as much of the olympics since 1984 but today was special and it was nice to be cheering on the Brits this morning and tonight on to their Golds for the sheer love of sport , I forgot what that was like cos I always seem to have a moody bet on whilst watching any old sport these days ....
    Absolutely wonderful stuff and I received a yellow card for cheering too loudly, at home, as Mo was taking the final bend , brilliant , brilliant , brilliant

As someone who does not really bet, an interesting take Morts. The "It matters more when there is money on it" adverts have always annoyed me as someone with an old fashioned, rose tinted, Corinthian view of sport. Glad you have discovered the joy of it for its own sake again.