Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - BMX

This is awesome! the camera angles are great! no sound on so dont know what is going on, but it looks fab!

Comments

• Options
    id love to take my grifter round that track for a spin, looks the nuts!

i was watching the racing earlier, about 8 of'em all together going for it, couple of bad stacks aswell but i gotta say good to watch yea.
  • Options
    looks great, wouldn't wanna race though, absolutely mental. 7 person pile up in the quarters earlier, broken collarbone for another rider.
  • Options
    This is the number one sport that shoulodn't be in the Olympics
  • Options
    Everytime I see them flying over those bumps I look for ET in the front basket.
  • Options
    I was loving this earlier, it looks like their going to crash at any second which gives it a real edge. And when they do crash its just pure entertainment.
  • Options
    I'm off to the finals tonight. I hope someone has a racer with cow horns and a hand painted frame
  • Options

Fairly sure you are wrong
  • Options

Quite right, this should be reserved for those hyped-up adrenalin-fuelled yoof channels. Nowhere else.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Quite right, this should be reserved for those hyped-up adrenalin-fuelled yoof channels. Nowhere else.
    Its a form of cycling, so presumably you would want cycling removed as well ?
  • Options

Please see the 'Dressage' thread.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Along with female boxing, this is one of my 'cant believe I enjoyed that' s of the olympics
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Stig said:

Not at all. Two year-olds on fairy-cycles is also a form of cycling, but I don't want that in the Olympics. Old maids with baskets on their handlebars is a form of cycling, but I don't want that at the Olympics. Sweaty leotard-clad beauties down the gym on cycling machines is a form of cycling, but I don't want that in the Olympics. Just because something is a form cycling, it doesn't have to be in.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Greenie said:

Stig said:

Not at all. Two year-olds on fairy-cycles is also a form of cycling, but I don't want that in the Olympics. Old maids with baskets on their handlebars is a form of cycling, but I don't want that at the Olympics. Sweaty leotard-clad beauties down the gym on cycling machines is a form of cycling, but I don't want that in the Olympics. Just because something is a form cycling, it doesn't have to be in.
    But its none of the above so poor argument. Except Sweaty clad beauties bit, that should be in.
    I think its far more exciting than the Lycra wearing lot that cycle round the roads for hours on end.
  • Options
    I really liked it which surprised me. The crashes do help with the entertainment factor although obviously hope no one gets seriously injured.
  • Options
    Reade is about to go in her semi.

BBC live stream: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/bbc_one_2012_hd
  • Options
  • Options
    I didn't even know they had this as an Olympic sport?!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    2nd (for those that missed it)
    Haven't got a cllue where she came (If you are watching later on catch-up)!
  • Options
    Its over 3 races in the semi's so 2nd is a very good result. Its about consistency at this point.
  • Options
    No sound at work so guessing you have to finish in the top four to go through?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    she didn't get a very good start :-(
  • Options
    awful race from her.
  • Options
    Better than 2008. At least she finished.

Phillips up next.
  • Options
    Doesn't make sense to me to have 3 runs in the semis and only one in the final. One race seems to be a complete lottery.
  • Options
    It seems if you get a bad start you may as well jack it in. Very little chance of overtaking on such a short circuit and in such a short time.
  • Options
    yeahi thought that too Lawrie, so quick and no time to redeam the bad start as no way of building up speed to over take. apart from the bit where they crash, there isn't a lot of passing going on so once you're in first, you're pretty much staying there?
  • Options
    Phillips crashed
  • Options
    He'd lost that anyway. Phillips was going backwards.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Along with female boxing, this is one of my 'cant believe I enjoyed that' s of the olympics

how could u not know if u were going to enjoy womens boxing, im sure u would of had a view on mens boxing howd you expect it to be different apart from the fact its a woman, some people are very sexist.
    ive heard a few people on this site talk about how it shouldnt be allowed this is so backwards i mean why do people think that i dont think the women boxing are worried about their make up when their in the ring.