Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - BMX

2»

Comments

• Options
    oh gawd, even worse!
  • Options
    No more lottery funding for this lot, then, I guess...
  • Options
    Agree with the comments above...a sport that could and should be a lot more exciting.
    Only the first two or three off the start line seem to win.
  • Options

Addicted said:

Along with female boxing, this is one of my 'cant believe I enjoyed that' s of the olympics

how could u not know if u were going to enjoy womens boxing, im sure u would of had a view on mens boxing howd you expect it to be different apart from the fact its a woman, some people are very sexist.
    ive heard a few people on this site talk about how it shouldnt be allowed this is so backwards i mean why do people think that i dont think the women boxing are worried about their make up when their in the ring.
    So you think people not liking living things punching each other, are backwards?
    With the myriad of other sports games and activities in the world, why do we need a sport that inflicts pain?
    Fox hunting in Rio anybody?

Having said that both the men's and women's boxing has been brilliant to watch.
    Doesn't make it right, though.
    Neanderthal activity.
  • Options
    A shame for the Brits but have to say I really enjoyed the BMX events, properly exciting. Do agree with the posts above that a one off final seems harsh, a repeat of the semi's with maybe a 'sailing style' double points score in the last race maybe better?!
  • Options

Addicted said:

Along with female boxing, this is one of my 'cant believe I enjoyed that' s of the olympics

how could u not know if u were going to enjoy womens boxing, im sure u would of had a view on mens boxing howd you expect it to be different apart from the fact its a woman, some people are very sexist.
    ive heard a few people on this site talk about how it shouldnt be allowed this is so backwards i mean why do people think that i dont think the women boxing are worried about their make up when their in the ring.
    Watching it I was surprised to discover that it was different to the men's in that it was more gung-ho, the defensive side of the sport doesnt seem so much of the focus and instead its all about giving the opponent more of a battering than you receive. Great to watch, especially us getting gold.

Nothing backward or sexist about that? Perhaps should have read "cant believe how much I enjoyed that"

Still, no idea what they're doing in the ring when there's chores to be done ..... :-)