Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Championship 2012/13 Preview: Crystal Palace

2»

Comments

• Options

They are the Glaziers, not the Eagles. As has been said before, You can't change your own nickname as my old mate Sh*tface will confirm...

• Options
    Now they've missed out on Jose Baxter who I was told from several palace mates was 'certain to sign'. They've also missed out on McCormack as well, and have lost clyne and ambrose and brought in below par replacements. At least we haven't lost any of our key players (yet!)
  • Options
    baxter played for them today
  • Options

Honestly i think they will be safe, as others have mentioned every year they look quite weak and every year they stay up comfortably.

Didn't they only survive on the last day a couple of seasons ago? I seem to remember it was a do-or-die match against our mates from Sheffield. Leon Clarke might even have scored(!)

Fair enough far from comfortable but they should be safe this year.

• Options
    Mike said:

baxter played for them today

Been quoted on twitter as saying 'thanks but I have to go' so doesn't look I've he's staying.
  • Options
    I see their season ticket has ' south london and proud' on the front ....
  • Options
    Whether they survive or not is going to rest on their defence - I personally think it will be touch and go for them. They do have a good keeper and he will be a key player for them.
  • Options
    I think we'll all be surprised how rubbish some teams are in this league, oh we have the top teams vying for the prem but most are dross and although Palace are no great shakes they are better than some......better than at least three others........just!
  • Options
    Relegation fodder
  • Options
    I'm possibly a lone voice ..... I think their manager is pretty decent, always seems to engender a good team spirit.

Their best asset this season is their team ethic - that may give them a higher finishing position than expected.

I truly hope I'm wrong, of course.