Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Rhodes - 2 Million Bid Rejected From Blackburn

Comments

• Options
    I think he is worth more but no more than half a mill to a mil more max if he scores bucket loads this season then maybe but he has still only scored really in div 3
  • Options
    On our shopping list a couple of months ago. How quickly things change.
  • Options

Stuck with Leon Clarke?
  • Options

Except that he was never on the shopping list of those that were doing the shopping. Fans, often, get carried away with expectations, but I don't think there was ever any chance of us signing him.
  • Options
    I heard that we approached Huddersfield about him in January tbf.
  • Options
    Lets hope Uncle Tony can have a rustle down the back of his sofa.
  • Options

Except that he was never on the shopping list of those that were doing the shopping. Fans, often, get carried away with expectations, but I don't think there was ever any chance of us signing him.
    You believe what.you want to believe, and i'll concentrate on what I know.

• Options

so even if we were interested there was no chance he would of came here there would be interest from top championship clubs at the very least and most likely lower half prem teams too. such a negative comment to start with too
  • Options
    sounds a bit cheeky
  • Options
    Gary Hooper from Celtic a better bet proven at Championship level
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh stop concentrating on facts
  • Options
    I saw an interview with Steve Kean this week, who must be the worst negotiator on the planet. He was asked about the Rhodes bid and basically said that a bid was in but 'we're not budging on the offer' then said 'well we have got a bit of room for manoeuvre'.
    You can imagine Kean's call to the Huddersfield chairman:
    SK: £2m that's all we're going to offer....ok, £15m but I won't pay a penny more.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I saw an interview with Steve Kean this week, who must be the worst negotiator on the planet. He was asked about the Rhodes bid and basically said that a bid was in but 'we're not budging on the offer' then said 'well we have got a bit of room for manoeuvre'.
    SK: £2m that's all we're going to offer....ok, £15m but I won't pay a penny more.

Lol. That reminds me of my missus trying to buy a pair of flip flops in Sharm....
  • Options
    He might still go as they have offered him silly money
  • Options
    Would be impressed if we were after Rhodes, I will be amazed if he doesn't end up in the Premiership by the end of he season if he scores goals again.
  • Options
    It was Gary Rhodes we were talking to. Was in negotiations to take over the Valley pies.
  • Options
    Good old Roy Keane is all I'll say....gave away Rhodes and Trotter.
  • Options

It was Gary Rhodes we were talking to. Was in negotiations to take over the Valley pies.

Making us the new Norwich

• Options

Valley11 said:

Lol. That reminds me of my missus trying to buy a pair of flip flops in Sharm....
    Them's some expensive flip flops
  • Options

so even if we were interested there was no chance he would of came here there would be interest from top championship clubs at the very least and most likely lower half prem teams too. such a negative comment to start with too
    He would have come if he thought we would be challenging for promotion to the PL which was the plan for this season before the shenanigans of this close season. Discussions were had. No chance now though, unless TJ finds significant funding from somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he moves this summer, Fulham would be my guess.
  • Options

If he moves this summer, Fulham would be my guess.

I could see that, wouldn't rule out Newcastle either though. I Newcastle mate of mine seems to think Cisse may well be going to Juventus
  • Options
    Bunny said:

Good old Roy Keane is all I'll say....gave away Rhodes and Trotter.

Rodney
  • Options
    Must be true as its on twitter , just agreed terms with Blackburn Rovers.
  • Options
    I feel a bit sorry for Steve Kean but a Rovers fan at work made me laugh about the Rhodes 'transfer':
    "Why buy a Ferrari and then give it to Frank Spencer to drive..."
  • Options
    What will the transfer fee be?.
  • Options
    OP reckons 8 mill , 5 mill upfront.
  • Options
    Amazed that Rhodes agreed to go to Blackburn. There must be some decent Prem clubs that want him.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Amazed that Rhodes agreed to go to Blackburn. There must be some decent Prem clubs that want him.

Where were there bids then? Bit of a home boy I hear so still local and here's a scoop. He's a Charlton Lifer. Really.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Where were there bids then? Bit of a home boy I hear so still local and here's a scoop. He's a Charlton Lifer. Really.
    Surprised there weren't any, at least that became public. Maybe the price scared off those that could have done with him.