Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC Sports Personality of the Year

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Great to see Paul Weller Bradley Wiggins finally getting some recognition...............
  • Options
    I only caught the end of the program , so don't know if there was a live feed out there earlier but wtf was Lennox Lewis all about , Murray was there waiting for his award and Lewis just stood there looking the other way daydreaming and looked like he was off with the fairies , it was a bit bizarre
  • Options
    People vote so the popular choice won

Well done mister wiggins

What was going on between Lennox and murry

• Options
    Can't stand cycling, but I guy who enters the sport knowing he cant win because he has morals...get in there my son, that's what you call a roll model!
  • Options

Well done mister wiggins

Apparently it was because Murray had an earpiece but Lennox didn't and was waiting for his queue on a screen to his right which didn't come.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Chill its the BBC awards, not life's acceptance awards.

Agree at the end of the day they don't do their thing to win awards like this.
  • Options
    Would have liked the Wolf man to have won a true iron man.

wiggo is a legend -- looks and talks the part.

Jessies arse was the clear winner on the night. thanks for posting that above---says it all.

Mind you there was some true sorts in the crowd.
  • Options

Would have liked the Wolf man to have won a true iron man.

Comes from Croydon and doesn't support Palace so even more reason to like him

• Options
    Wanted either wiggins or ainslie to win with murray third. So not to bad.
  • Options
    Wanted either wiggins or ainslie to win with murray third. So not to bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

Well done mister wiggins

Apparently it was because Murray had an earpiece but Lennox didn't and was waiting for his queue on a screen to his right which didn't come.
    Lennox tweeted overnight that he had just received his cue from the BBC, but everyone had gone home!

Well deserved for Bradley in one of the best years there can ever have been for nominees. All of them have had a brilliant year. And, in a suprising twist...they all, even Murray, actually have personalities!!!! ;-)

Apparently Brad was up on stage at the after-party singing The Jam's That's Entertainment. Top, top man!!
  • Options
    Little clip of the after party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8FAhfn7AcI
  • Options
    Congrats to Bradley a deserved winner although I voted for Ben Ainslee just on longevity and the "They shouldn't have made me angry" comment. Loved Wiggo's speech and the whistle I didn't realise he was so tall! Anyway great year for UK sport how on earth we carry that on is anyones guess. Funny I always preferred Steve Ovett to Seb Coe but thought his award was highly appropriate and well earned as the figurehead for The Games he was colossal.

Nice the to see all the lovely fit lady athletes looking glamourous I mean Katherine Grainger? I thought she was a bit horsey looking but last night...well I would!
  • Options
    Wonder if thats Yatchtsman will get pannedf for lighting a flare and walking through 16,000 people with it and it being indoors etc
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    The fact that the first British man to win two long distance gold medals at the same Olympics couldn't even make the top 3 tells you what an incredible sporting year this was.

In that nobody could seriously argue with the top 3 chosen.
  • Options
    Wiggo and Weller are doing a radio show on BBC Radio 6 on Boxing Day evening, if anyone is interested? Not sure of time though.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Wiggo and Weller are doing a radio show on BBC Radio 6 on Boxing Day evening, if anyone is interested? Not sure of time though.

1.00pm, might need to listen on Iplayer later in the day.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Such a shit worthless trophy. Wholesome, gritless BBC tripe.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    As it stands, you'd think the winner would be from the England Women's football team, but there's no standout player, so Ronnie it is :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    life time achievement/overseas personality .. gotta be Federer .. he graced and beautified the game of tennis for years .. although Serena Williams would be favourite for this I guess
  • Options
    I went from really looking forward to it to not even watching it. It is probably because there was less sport on tv in those days.
  • Options
    Surely Jimmy Anderson has to be right up there this year? 600 test wickets for a fast bowler is an incredible feat and he doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Surely Jimmy Anderson has to be right up there this year? 600 test wickets for a fast bowler is an incredible feat and he doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. 
    Him and Mark Cavendish are two of our most successful sports people of recent years, yet continually get ignored. 
  • Options
    I suspect the BBC will wrangle it so the queen gets it.