Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cameron interview on bbc this morning

How negative was the interviewer! Great Olympics and all they want to do is moan!

Comments

• Options
    Just saw that and did think she was giving him a hard time
  • Options
    It is the BBC though, and the beeb do hate the Tories.
  • Options
    Glad he doesn't run sport though - You have to be very careful about competeive games for 8 year olds - citing youth football was an inconsidered example when you look at contrating approaches of more succesful nations. Still, playing to the ignorant masses is one of his qualities.
  • Options
    BTW, what he should have said is that we have to get kids at an early age to love, enjoy and embrace sport and give them the support, encouragement and facilities they need.
  • Options

Just saw that and did think she was giving him a hard time

Prime minister that is so weak and out of touch and presiding over some of the worst economic performances ever in a double dip recession with his coalition in tatters. I would be very surprised if he was given anything other than a hard time.

• Options
    cameron has the largest head of any prime minister
  • Options
    Bore off with your politics crap guys
  • Options
    Someone's tired. ;-)
  • Options
    Good point AFKA. Olympics, sun and it's a Sunday.
  • Options
    It isn't just Politics it's about Sport progressing in this Country. We want to go forwards not backwards from these successful games and the funding the Government provides is key. Also key that they get the people and coaches who know what they are doing to decide the direction and politicians don't dictate to them - that is glaringly obvious after listening to Cameron's outdated views on youth sport.

On the funding side- I have no problems with what he said btw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    name a prime minister of the past with a bigger head? his cranium is impressive
  • Options
    I blame Thatcher!
  • Options
    nolly said:

Churchill?
  • Options
    nolly said:

I think Major's head got pretty big when he was stoking Edwina Currie.

I reckon with that sort of cranium that Cameron would be pretty tasty at the back post.

• Options
    no way churchill Len
  • Options
    Should have got Paxman on there. Poor love kept getting talked over by him.
  • Options
    Quite a few mentions of John Major this morning on different channels - quite a surprise to see him getting recognition of instigating the National Lottery from a man whose time in power was largely marked by...well nothing really.

totally agree with you AFKA - lets all look forward to the Spicey girls in taxis - funny that Hey Jude was released closer to the last time Britain held the Olympics than this time! surely they cant wheel him out again?
  • Options
    Cameron and Johnson deserve everything they get when they try and get some reflected glory from the Games. If their Party had been in charge we wouldn't have even bid and they would have carried on cutting sports funding and selling off school playing fields to their developer pals. If any politician deserves a big thank you it is Tony Blair!
  • Options
    Oh dear.

Some people just can't resist it.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    sm, Tony = 0ver 200 playing fields closed.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very Impressed Thatcher hasn't been mentioned yet. Well done CL..

Oh wait.
  • Options
    Just on the interview. Boris and David have certainly been popping up all over the place, and it seems to me Ed Milibrand has been feeling a bit left out (dunno about Clegg) and was trying to get a bit of attention over the last couple of days. So the BBC approach was probably to say 'well David has has a lot of good TV these last two weeks, if he wants an interview as well, then lets press him a bit' which is what she did. if you pay close attention I reckon he was a bit miffed, and a teensy bit less gracious (looking to interrupt) with this woman interviewer than he usually is with the blokes.
  • Options
    So back to the Olympics - it has been fantastic and a real feel-good factor during difficult times.

No PM is history is going to miss the opportunity that brings. Harold Wilson after 1966 springs to mind.
  • Options
    You're absolutely right bing. At the moment you have to be the cynic of cynics to not think the whole shebang of it hasn't been a success. I am trusting that it hasn't emptied the piggy bank too.
  • Options

Very Impressed Thatcher hasn't been mentioned yet. Well done CL..

Oh wait.

Milk snatcher ....
  • Options
    Only words, politicians talk and talk and talk. Nice to see them not have all their own way.
    I dont think we would have even bid for the games if Maggie was in charge.
  • Options

Only words, politicians talk and talk and talk. Nice to see them not have all their own way.
    I dont think we would have even bid for the games if Maggie was in charge.

Oh god, please make this stop........
  • Options
    I would have loved it, loved it (think Kevin Keegan) if Boris had not won the last election - winning the Olympics bid was nothing to do with him, yet he has milked it for all it's worth.

And don't get me started on the Boris Bikes - that was already on the drawing board as well.

What a fantastic event it's been though - I am a convert - beforehand (as I probably posted on here) I thought the Olympics was just a glorified school sports day, but I've been mesmerised by the whole thing.
  • Options
    Yes, the interviewer was negative. If only sport had been in receipt of some of the money that the BBC has spent on hotel bills at Salford Quays since it moved up north.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Saga Lout said:

I would have loved it, loved it (think Kevin Keegan) if Boris had not won the last election - winning the Olympics bid was nothing to do with him, yet he has milked it for all it's worth.

And don't get me started on the Boris Bikes - that was already on the drawing board as well.

What a fantastic event it's been though - I am a convert - beforehand (as I probably posted on here) I thought the Olympics was just a glorified school sports day, but I've been mesmerised by the whole thing.

He won, what is he, or any mayor of any political colour, supposed to do but advertise it to the world for the sake of investment? But this thread isn't about him, lets move on?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!