Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro Lottery winnings

Have been getting a bit uneasy with the size of what the Euro Lottery pays out. £148m is a completely ridiculous amount of money.

But then you read about the recent winners. A (what seems to be) completely normal family with 2 kids, the husband having a music business he started with a market stall, and the wife working in the childrens ward of the local hospital, and you think "i'm so glad people like that won"

"We have always worked and saved up for holidays or things that we need. We have lived within our means and been comfortable but we have been like ships in the night to earn the income we needed. It will be fantastic to spend more time as a family now."

"It is such a large amount that it isn't something for one person. It is something to share with other people, people that need help, people that have helped us and supported us."

"I'm Scottish, we're known for being tight, I'll still be hitting the sales. This month had been an extremely tight month, to be honest. We had gone shopping the other day and I had spent some money on the children for some holiday clothes. I actually got home that night and thought 'hmmm, I really shouldn't have spent that' because I'm a bit short this month, my night shifts hadn't been as many as I previously had."

"Children's charities are close to our hearts so we will be exploring how we can use this money to help those charities but it is too soon to say exactly what."

Good luck to them.

Comments

• Options
    spot on.
  • Options

spot on.

Paticularly the bit about the Scots!
  • Options
    nothing worse than someone winning big on the lottery who really don't deserve it. Sounds like these people do - so good for them.
  • Options
    Fabulous.

I will be sending them an email to say how happy I am for them ;0)
  • Options
    still think 148m to one winner is way too much. Should be a limit of 50m tops, and even that is a huge amount, with the rest shared to the next rung of winners. That way even more people can benefit. Even with 50m and sharing it out to family, friends and charities you'd be living the life of luxury.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Have been getting a bit uneasy with the size of what the Euro Lottery pays out. £148m is a completely ridiculous amount of money.

But then you read about the recent winners. A (what seems to be) completely normal family with 2 kids, the husband having a music business he started with a market stall, and the wife working in the childrens ward of the local hospital, and you think "i'm so glad people like that won"

"We have always worked and saved up for holidays or things that we need. We have lived within our means and been comfortable but we have been like ships in the night to earn the income we needed. It will be fantastic to spend more time as a family now."

"It is such a large amount that it isn't something for one person. It is something to share with other people, people that need help, people that have helped us and supported us."

"I'm Scottish, we're known for being tight, I'll still be hitting the sales. This month had been an extremely tight month, to be honest. We had gone shopping the other day and I had spent some money on the children for some holiday clothes. I actually got home that night and thought 'hmmm, I really shouldn't have spent that' because I'm a bit short this month, my night shifts hadn't been as many as I previously had."

"Children's charities are close to our hearts so we will be exploring how we can use this money to help those charities but it is too soon to say exactly what."

Good luck to them.

Bart, you know my pal Ron who comes along to the Bromley Addicks meetings with me....well Adrian, who won the Euro millions, is one of his/our customers!
    He's (Ron that is) just this moment called to tell me!!!

• Options
    The wife says she's worried about the begging letters ....hubby says: 'never mind love ... keep sending 'em'
  • Options
    question : if you won 148m would you buy CAFC and immediately put it's ownership into the hands of a Supporters Trust?
  • Options
    Nah, I'd buy Crystal Palace and turn them into a women's beach volleyball team
  • Options
    I would give charlton 20mill to invest in the squad only and in return I would want a stand named after me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would buy Palace as well. I would then give the other 147.95 million to charity.
  • Options
    I've been getting a bit uneasy with the size of the lottery winners. Why are they always obese?
  • Options
    i would buy palace too and move the club to milton keynes and rename them the concrete cows.
  • Options
    I'd buy chelmsford city and manage them to the premier league. If I can do it on football mamger, I can do it in real life.
  • Options
    Stebo said:

i would buy palace too and move the club to milton keynes and rename them the concrete cows.

How about buy Palace and do nothing. Absolute nothing. Just let them wind down slowly.
  • Options

I've been getting a bit uneasy with the size of the lottery winners. Why are they always obese?

if you look like the balls, its then easier to predict them
  • Options
    I would buy West Ham and close them down, turn Upton Park into a Dump & release all their Youth to Charlton.
  • Options
    Lottery is fixed. If you live north of the Watford Gap you have no chance of hitting the big one!!!
  • Options
    Why would people wanna announce they won that much!? Don't think I would ever reveal my name!

But yes would buy charlton and hire directors in to run.
  • Options
    pretty sure i read Camelot advise people to go public. Not a clue why though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would take Gary's missus paragliding
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I thought the 100 millionaires was a much better idea. £148mil is an obscene amount of money for any family to spend, let alone one from a modest background.
  • Options

Because most of the UK is, not just the lottery winners
  • Options

I thought the 100 millionaires was a much better idea. £148 is an obscene amount of money for any family to spend, let alone one from a modest background.

lol

• Options
    There must be a pretty damn good reason why they all go public & I can't figure it out
  • Options
    Its a fantastic chance to help a lot of people , let me know if anyone on here gets lucky :-0
  • Options
    I have plans for when I win the Euromillions. Buying a football club - Charlton or maybe Welling? As I like motorsport, I would also like to set up a team for the 24-hour race at Le Mans. Big house, fast cars, loose women, etc.

So, you see 50m isn't going to cut it - I need a lot more than that, especially if I indulge in the loose women as that means I'll be giving half of it away to the missus.
  • Options
    The other half and I have always had the plan that if we won that size of money, we would spend £20m- £25m sorting out immediate family and friends and building a house to our spec with all mod cons and gimmicks, then leave on a trip around the world for a year. When back we would dedicate our money to working with and helping kids charitys, terminally ill kids trips, disneyland, lapland, network of clubs and facilities around the country for all year use. The interest payments alone would suffice.
  • Options
    Clearly still have enough dough to afford to gamble though.

& sod limiting the payout, I had 30 people in work in a syndicate, £50m wouldn't have been enough!
  • Options
    My dream has always been to go around inner London & convert waste land into parks & coaching centres for inner city kids to be able to play sport with coaches/staff there to keep trouble away & kids off the street. Surely would be able to partner a sponsor/football club into providing some extra free coaching/tutition etc. Would eat the money up pretty quickly though I reckon.