Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Family arguments

edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
My 3 year old daughter had an important appointment at Hospital this morning. The Hospital is 40 miles away, we do not drive and so I asked my sister (yesterday) to give me a lift, she said yes, although by the tone of her voice I could tell she didn't want to do it. She was concerned about directions (I printed off google maps) and the cost of petrol (I said i would pay).

This morning my sister didn't turn up causing us to miss the appointment. I have done many favours for my sister down the years and have never asked anything in return. The one time I ask and she doesn't come through.

Should I:

1, Never Speak to her again.
2, Have a rant but forgive her in a couple of weeks.
3, Act as if nothing has happened and get over it.

What would you do in this situation?

Comments

• Options
    Ring her up and find out what happened would be a good start.
  • Options
    wouldnt fly off the handle just yet. she may have a reasonable excuse.

id also ring the hopsital and re-arrange the appointment!
  • Options
    Have re-arranged the appointment. Her reasons for not turning up - a long way to drive and the car might brake down. It is a long way but the car hasn't broken down since she bought it (Her response was by text message). I also forgot to say that when we arranged things I said 'if you don't want to do it then say so'.
  • Options
    Could she off just forgot?
  • Options
    Thats a shit excuse mate , dont bother doing anything for her again .
  • Options
    Might she be hacked off with you about something else but isn't saying?
  • Options
    Think you've got a right to let her know you've been let down considering it regards your daughter's health.
  • Options
    Agree with what shag said
  • Options
    That's poor. She should have said that yesterday. I would tell her your pissed off, but then forget about it. These things aren't worth having a major fall out over, especially when it comes to family.

Might make you feel better to stick a pic of her up here, so we can "would ya" her.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Poor excuse. I know if i asked my sister something like that she would do it without even thinking about it and liek wise from me.

As Shag says, but dont just cut her out of your life. life is to short for that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get yourself a car, no need to rely on others then!
  • Options
    Or move nearer the hospital ?
  • Options
    in that case id give her an earful...she then might let out what the real problem is.

then id tell her she's let her neice and her brother down.
  • Options
    how old is your sister?
  • Options

I doubt it.

• Options
    johnny73 said:

I doubt it.

I posted that before i see your message RE text
  • Options
    Stebo said:

how old is your sister?

• Options
    MCS said:

I agree with that one. Would need to pass my driving test first though.

• Options
    It must be hard having a child without either partner driving? I know the issue here is more about her letting you down, but it must make things tough.
  • Options
    I feel your pain. I have constant problems with my family. Hard work. but that is shit.

I'd text her back and say you feel very let down and disappointed by her actions. And then switch your phone off and as shag said, no more favours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shag said:

Or move nearer the hospital ?

Hopefully after this appointment we will not need to go back. It's a hospital that specializes in burns.

• Options
    just don't do her any more favours. Let you down badly so learn from it.
  • Options
    Well I hope your daughter is ok mate , that is the main thing
  • Options
    I think a short burst of anger (which i did instinctively) and then forgive when the opportunity arises. In a normal situation I don't think it would bother me to much but I think I expected more from her because of the previous favours.
  • Options
    Let her know how disappointed you are, not that she couldn't do it, but the way in which she didn't turn up which led you to not being able to make other arrangements (cab / other lift / train etc)

Forgive her, as life is too short to fall out but never forget (although don't bring it up in 3 years) just keep it in your head and remind yourself (not her) if she ever asks you for a hand with anything.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

It must be hard having a child without either partner driving? I know the issue here is more about her letting you down, but it must make things tough.

Most of what we need is close by. If i drove I'd weigh a couple of stone more!

• Options
    Shag said:

Well I hope your daughter is ok mate , that is the main thing

Daughter is fine. The hospital need to see the burn wounds to confirm they are healing properly. My untrained eye says they are. Going to hospital tomorrow, they were understanding but could only give us a double booked slot.

• Options
    johnny73 said:

mendonca said:

Most of what we need is close by. If i drove I'd weigh a couple of stone more!

Haha good point, was just thinking out loud really. Guess we are v well connected these days with trains/buses/Bikes/Slippers.
  • Options
    it reflects on her... let it go ... recognise she doesn't keep her word, and obviously is happy to yes in the moment to avoid truthful confrontation...

i wouldn't spend much time with her moving forward... and get a bus or train so your independent ... or use a proper mate for the lift ....
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited August 2012
    johnny73 said:

MCS said:

I agree with that one. Would need to pass my driving test first though.

Ah i see, ok get yourself some driving lessons then ;-)

Burns hospital must be East Grinstead?? I had Plastic surgery on a head would last year was very good there.