Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England V Italy

Live on ITV 7-30pm KO 8-00pm, if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Options
    Nah. Thanks anyway
  • Options
    I'll have it on. Nothing else decent on the box.
  • Options
    Can't wait
  • Options

I'll have it on. Nothing else decent on the box.

Same here.
  • Options
    I'll prob just wash my hair
  • Options
    Cue automatic England slagging wave before match even begins.
  • Options
    Seriously - What a complete and utter waste of time. I'm so not interested in this that I'm going to watch the launch of Celebrity big brother instead.
  • Options
    Ridiculous friendly. Couldn't give a monkeys about it.
  • Options
    Just flicked it on and lee Dixon is now working for itv. When did that happen. Thought he was always the best thing about BBCs football coverage.
  • Options
    after the olympics they put on these overpaid blah blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzz

seems a pointless friendly but come on england
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Jack Butland - contrary to common belief, he's NOT the first player to play for England in a full international without having played a game in any of the top three divisions in England.
    So who is? :-)
  • Options
    Owen hargreaves
  • Options
    Of course! Well done Beds.
  • Options
    so after 136 minutes of open play, italy finally score against us. how crap are they!
  • Options
    great header jagielka
  • Options
    Lord Romford - Edgar Kail, the Dulwich Hamlet keeper in the 1930's, was an amatuer, who played for the full England team. I don't think he ever played in the League- might be wrong.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Lord Romford - Edgar Kail, the Dulwich Hamlet keeper in the 1930's, was an amatuer, who played for the full England team. I don't think he ever played in the League- might be wrong.

Correct

Edgar Isaac Lewis Kail (26 November 1900 – 1976) was a former England footballer. He gained three caps in 1929 for England, playing Spain, Belgium and France. He scored two goals on his debut against France. Kail was a committed amateur, turning down moves to professional clubs to stay at his club, Dulwich Hamlet. Kail had a short international career, only six days long, gaining all three caps on England's brief continental tour of 1929. He was the last non-league player to play for the full England team, although not the last amateur - Bernard Joy of Casuals and Arsenal played for England in 1936.
    In the 1990s the approach to Dulwich's ground, Champion Hill, was renamed Edgar Kail Way in his honour. In 2003 a blue plaque dedicated to Kail was unveiled by Southwark Council at the site of Champion Hill.

• Options
    Rhodes scored for Scotland
  • Options
    Sure I saw Airman asleep in the crowd

• Options
    What's the score
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1 at HT
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    Kail was a forward then -

The keeper was Bert Coleman, another amateur who played for Dulwich Hamlet & full England.

After the quality of the BBC commentaries during the Olympics, is anyone else struggling with the cliche commentary of Tyldesley & Townsend?
  • Options
    Cracking goal for Defoe there. Was shouting at him to pass it....
  • Options
    What a goal
  • Options
    he never passes quality goal though anyone know why he left us?
  • Options
    Just switched on the last 15 minutes. Saints preserve us from the awful monotony of the people who think they can play brass instruments and relentlessly bash out awful dirges. If that went on at Charlton games I'd stop going!
  • Options
    Not watching but I see we have 55% possession. After the Euros everyone was banging on about possession like it was more important than winning. Are we playing well?
  • Options
    FT 2-1
  • Options
    expect we will now be rated number 1 in the world