Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Ambrose

Will Ambrose feature Saturday ?
What do you think of him as a player , or what did you think of him at charlton?

IMO he was one of the many players who come to us , underperform, move on to other teams and play well, will he score Saturday ?

Comments

• Options
    Who?
  • Options
    Put everything you own on him scoring Saturday
  • Options
    Ambrose , ex charlton , right wing
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Put everything you own on him scoring Saturday

Will do, he's one of those players who would love to rub it in our faces
  • Options
    Scored last night in the League Cup
  • Options
    Yeah ross , that's what alerted me to the topic
  • Options

More of a left winger
  • Options
    Don't think he cares DM
  • Options

More of a left winger
    A winger of some sort
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    His best game for us was against his old club Ipswich when he was in the hole. He'll score against us for sure... He was very inconsistent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah that's true, however he always seems to perform well when he wants to
    E.G:
    Against old clubs

Carling cup against Manchester united
  • Options

More of a left winger
    I heard he wings both ways
  • Options

More of a left winger
    Yeah, he was always banging on about Red Ken at every opportunity in the programme notes
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Doesn't deserve the (sometimes potentially homophobic) abuse he gets on here, was ill-used but also didn't help himself on occasions by bottling out of challenges. A talent we didn't see much of, you can go on about newbie Green and our boy Waggy but Ambrose is a class above.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    Good luck to him

Apart from Saturday of course
  • Options
    That's why ambrose divided opinion eastterrace, he had the skills but didn't always put in the effort. Personally I liked him but he was frustrating
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    he is a good attacking player and used right he'll get and create goals for brum.
  • Options
    Seems to be the story with many of the players that played for us, jerome thomas is another example
  • Options
    Good luck to him

Wasnt always my cup of tea but was able to put in some real good games

And some shoxkers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stebo said:

he is a good attacking player and used right he'll get and create goals for bum.

• Options
    Let's hope for a shocker Saturday
  • Options
    LAZY!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

That's why ambrose divided opinion eastterrace, he had the skills but didn't always put in the effort. Personally I liked him but he was frustrating

Likewise.... although sometimes I think as supporters and as his managers we were expecting him to play in too much of a Charlton way, relying too much on work ethic and not enough on creativity. Claus used to suffer abuse in many games for work-rate issues but is now in favourite players lists. To be fair he did deliver more!

Ambrose needed more of a free role and the rest of the team almost built around him, if we could have afforded that.
  • Options
    LAZY! Overpaid underachiever.
  • Options
    Wasn't used properly plus played alongside dross like SO MANY players at CAFC from 2005-2011
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Wasn't used properly plus played alongside dross like SO MANY players at CAFC from 2005-2011

During this era all our players cared about was money, very few cared about the club
  • Options
    I liked ambrose too good player as some have said he wasnt used proberly! Was brilliant for palarse two season proberly single handedly keeped them up! Had a injury hit season last! Oh I may have followed his progress since he left us! Dame :0 and yep he will score on saturday
  • Options
    edited August 2012

boggzy said:

During this era all our players cared about was money, very few cared about the club
    I think this was cause and effect starting with egoism and flippancy at the very top of the club. There was just a dreadful attitude in Charlton in general, and instead of bottoming out it got worse and worse, bringing in more and more awful staff (players/managers/non-playing staff), and bad decision after bad decision. I believe we've had *so* many players, Ambrose and Varney to name just two, that would have thrived under the new regime.

The players we have now, I'm still sure that money is their number one priority - but it's amazing what a bit of team spirit and seeming to *want* to win does for a football club!

• Options
    Nailed on to score. To inconsistent while with us.