Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clarkson

edited August 2012 in Not Sports Related
Realise I may be on dodgy ground here as some of you probably regard him as some sort of supreme alpha bloke, but is there no end to this f*kwits constant pathetic hypocritical ramblings.
Currently filling his Range Rover sport footwell with crocodile tears because millions of twitter twirps mocked the passing of his beloved pooch.
For anyone else i'd say "poor show". But for an overgrown child in poor fitting m&s jeans who incidently once said "I don't often agree with the RSPCA as I believe it is an animal's duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Fraid not.

Comments

• Options
    #gets out small bag of popcorn#
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    he doesnt really bother me but he is a massive helmet
  • Options
    I think he's hilarious. What I find funnier is the hordes of people who makes posts like the OP's. Lighten up a little bit.
  • Options
    and i agree his jeans make me feel sick
  • Options
    Ah successful man with opinions. Lets shoot him down and try and put everyone in a box marked boring.
  • Options
    Brunello said:

Ah successful man with opinions. Lets shoot him down and try and put everyone in a box marked boring.

Ha yeah I know what you mean
  • Options
    In the world
  • Options
    Absolute pratt.

What he thought he was going to get after posting about his dog dying on Twitter, I really don't know.
  • Options
    Clarkson is a prick
  • Options
    I have no interest in what clarkson says about anything, particularly cars.
    What concerns me more is the gig he's got at the BBC when he has only moderate (at best) driving skills but pretends otherwise. This direct from the BBC: "When Jeremy, James and Richard are seen driving on the show, it is them driving, but on occasion, the crew may need to go back and get pick-up shots."
    In other words anything tricky is done by someone with actual ability.
    What amuses me is those "what gets there more quickly" sections of Top Gear. The actual answer of course being the Transit Van carrying the camera crew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ultimate marmite man.
  • Options
    I think his one of those men who cries a lot...for that reason alone i dislike him
  • Options
    Boring, pointless, self-obsessed oxygen thief.

He dishes it out, he can't take it, like most bullies.
  • Options
    Clarkson is a bit of a caricature of a laddish bloke. That is his persona and it has brought him some success - maybe it has become part of him and maybe he says things for effect. The fact is, I find him reasonably amusing and if he says something controversial it doesn't really offend or bother me. I quite enjoy listening to him even though I might be a bit of a left leaner - he would probably call me a communist! People are a bit too precious about things that are said now days and Jeremy Clarkson, who doesn't care what he says if he thinks it might be funny is refereshing in many respects IMO.
  • Options
    As with the 'shoot the strikers in front of their family' kerfuffle, he has good script/ghost writers .. controversy in the public eye pays a lot of bills
  • Options
    I like him, when he took over Top Gear it was the home of cardigans and leather elbow patches (sorry H), the show is now one of the best things on TV. Like a lot of outspoken people he drops a clanger from time to time, but the world needs people like him, hes a car driving Boris Johnson if you like.
    Any one who has a Harrier Jump Jet as a gate keeper is alright by me.
  • Options
    i like him - don't always agree with things he says, but like Greenie said, we need people like him.
  • Options
    Defo marmite guy - and I do like him.

My dad has a fridge magent at home with my fav Clarkson quote on it.

"Bus Lanes. Why do poor people have to get places faster than me?"
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I have no interest in what clarkson says about anything, particularly cars.
    What concerns me more is the gig he's got at the BBC when he has only moderate (at best) driving skills but pretends otherwise. This direct from the BBC: "When Jeremy, James and Richard are seen driving on the show, it is them driving, but on occasion, the crew may need to go back and get pick-up shots."
    In other words anything tricky is done by someone with actual ability.

Not really, I can guarantee all programmes on telly use pick up shots
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I disagree with a lot of what he says, but a lot of it is done to get a reaction, which is part of his job. He does make me laugh as well as fume. Agree with carly's statement, his RSPCA jibe has come back to haunt him...
  • Options
    Clarkson says it how it is dont always agree with him but think the fella is top
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Clarkson is a prick

But a very wealthy one who knows exactly what he's doing.....so (with respect kimbo) he'd most likely back that comment to you.
    I agree with him somtimes and sometimes I don't........I'm sure he's on a wind up a fair amount of the time but it all helps to build his public persona and a very nice pay check.
  • Options
    I like him, didn't he once punch Pierced Organ as well?
  • Options
    Despite his political views I quite like him.
  • Options
    Overall, a bit of a knob but he's done alright for himself.

Very much on the fence if I'm honest, love top gear and find him hillarious but the NHS jibe, well any NHS jibe is a bit cu**ish.
  • Options
    Never met him but was in the next room to him in a restaurant and had to listen to his attention seeking bullsh*t the whole meal, and he gave the waitress a torrid time and was incredibly rude. Hope he tipped well.
  • Options
    One of those 'if you like him he's hilarious if you dislike him he's a [censored]' type characters. Don't agree with everything he says (actually some of it I find personally offensive) but don't think it's entirely bad someone can't be arsed to be 100% PC all the time. It's just a shame that someone seems a bit of a moron as a person!
  • Options
    This sums up how I feel about Mr Clarkson very well:

Clarkson is a bit of a caricature of a laddish bloke. That is his persona and it has brought him some success - maybe it has become part of him and maybe he says things for effect. The fact is, I find him reasonably amusing and if he says something controversial it doesn't really offend or bother me. I quite enjoy listening to him even though I might be a bit of a left leaner - he would probably call me a communist! People are a bit too precious about things that are said now days and Jeremy Clarkson, who doesn't care what he says if he thinks it might be funny is refereshing in many respects IMO.

He's not someone who should be taken seriously - he maintains a certain image which earns him an obscene amount of money, but that's all it is - an image.
  • Options
    He hates Piers Morgan, which in my book can't be all that bad

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2004/mar/17/mediamonkey.pressandpublishing

(But he is a cock, knows it, lives up to the reputation and is incredibly richer than most people if not all on this forum)