Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh McEachran

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Chelsea looking to loan him out to a Champ club apparantly and the clubs I have seen linked are way outside of London. Worth a punt? Very highly rated and a London loan would surely suit him and Chelsea?

Comments

• Options
    Think a lower end prem club would be interested maybe a Norwich or a Reading... but if not definitely worth a punt !
  • Options
    Who he ?
  • Options
    Be a top loan signing imo.
  • Options
    cafc4ever said:

Think a lower end prem club would be interested maybe a Norwich or a Reading... but if not definitely worth a punt !

I agree but he spent a lot of time on the bench last season at Swansea. And it seems Chelsea want him to go Champ first maybe to get guaranteed football. He's only 18, no rush for him to be playing in Prem, so I think he would be interested in coming to us till Jan.
  • Options
    19 he is, still plenty of time to play in prem, 6 months in champ would do him good.
  • Options
    Decent enough. Not interested if he comes with the must play x,y,z number of games caveat.
  • Options
    Highly rated by Chelsea and they loaned him out to Swansea last season, but he only played 4 games in 4 months and just sat on the bench. Was a brilliant 17 year old, but not too sure if he has improved that much since then.
  • Options
    A brilliant 17 year old would still mean a very good 19 year old who is capable of playing in the champ though.
  • Options
    This is the sort of signing hopefully we can Pick up when prem squads announce their 25. Only problem is that even youngsters will be on about. £10k a week at Chelsea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well because of his age he doesn't have to be named in the 25 so don't think this will have any affect. Its obvious he is going to be loaned out, its just a case of who to. I think we would suit him and Chelsea as its local and he has a good chance of playing regularly. I agree with Clem that he would have to impress of the bench and in training for a bit, but I think if he has the right attitude then he would be quality. I like players like Stephens, but I think McEachran is a better player.
  • Options
    I'm not digging you out, but on what basis do you think McEachran is a better player than Stephens ? He might have lots of potential but surely it would be difficult to say he's a better player.
  • Options
    Anyway, he will want to go up north to be close to his bird Sophie Webster from Corrie!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I'm not digging you out, but on what basis do you think McEachran is a better player than Stephens ? He might have lots of potential but surely it would be difficult to say he's a better player.

It's just my opinion, offers will disagree but I am entitled to my opinion. I like Stephens, but from what I have seen and heard of McEachran - I really like him. Great passer of the ball, reads a game well and I do think Stephens is a fairly similar type of player. I think Stephens will get better this season and I am not suggesting we drop Stephens for McEachran, I think it would be great to have both of them.
  • Options
    PaulCAFC said:

Anyway, he will want to go up north to be close to his bird Sophie Webster from Corrie!

I'm not sure they still go out, although could be wrong.
  • Options
    What I don't understand is the benefit of developing another clubs youth player(s) when we have enough of our own to bring through.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

What I don't understand is the benefit of developing another clubs youth player(s) when we have enough of our own to bring through.

What if they would benefit our first team though? I agree to a point, but would rather have McEachran playing first team if he was good enough then Bover/Poyet who are not good enough. It's nice to bring through your youth players but you can't play them just for the sake of it. It's how the loan system works. Our young players can drop down a few leagues to get experience.
  • Options
    What happened to that other "England" striker we loaned from chelsea ? Carlton Cole ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    We have a bad record when it comes to loaning 'wonderkids'!
  • Options
    Think his missus is Brooke Vincent, the lesbian bird out of corrie, so hope we sign him. Get her down the valley for a few games. Weapon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be a great signing. I have a couple of Chelsea mates who have seen him play and they thought he was brilliant.
  • Options
    Didn't do a lot last year to be fair.
  • Options

Think his missus is Brooke Vincent, the lesbian bird out of corrie, so hope we sign him. Get her down the valley for a few games. Weapon.

Nice if she could bring her 'sister' Rosie.
  • Options
    Signed for Boro on season long loan
  • Options

johnny73 said:

What if they would benefit our first team though? I agree to a point, but would rather have McEachran playing first team if he was good enough then Bover/Poyet who are not good enough. It's nice to bring through your youth players but you can't play them just for the sake of it. It's how the loan system works. Our young players can drop down a few leagues to get experience.
    I think you find out if they are good enough by playing them and giving them experience in the league you expect them to end up in (at the moment that is the championship).

I think it's fair to say that our aim this year is consolidation and I understand that to mean mid table. If powell believes our current squad can achieve this goal then I believe bringing in loan players gives no short or long term benefits.

Developing your own players can add to their sell on value or improve the depth of the squad. In a season where neither promotion or relegation is anticipated it is these kind of benefits you look for.

That said if a loan player or two can make the difference between promotion or relegation then you would happily add them to your squad.
  • Options
    If they are better, why not?

Look at Defoe at Bournemouth years ago, or Wilshire at Bolton - both improved those teams a lot.
  • Options
    Gone to Boro
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Signed for Boro on season long loan

Poor sod. Would have quite liked him in our team
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

johnny73 said:

I think you find out if they are good enough by playing them and giving them experience in the league you expect them to end up in (at the moment that is the championship).

I think it's fair to say that our aim this year is consolidation and I understand that to mean mid table. If powell believes our current squad can achieve this goal then I believe bringing in loan players gives no short or long term benefits.

Developing your own players can add to their sell on value or improve the depth of the squad. In a season where neither promotion or relegation is anticipated it is these kind of benefits you look for.

That said if a loan player or two can make the difference between promotion or relegation then you would happily add them to your squad.
    Yer but what's the point in playing the young players to see if their good enough? What if their not and end up costing us? Say we play Mambo to see how good he is and he makes a 94th minute mistake and we drop 2 points? People will be criticising Powell left right and centre, and rightfully so? I agree if our current squad is good enough for consolidation then there's no need to go out and sign a load of players, but if a loanee was available who would improve our squad, then it is a bargain because you don't pay a fee and more often that not, bigger clubs don't expect you to pay all his wages.
    With respect, I don't think your argument is a great one. I would like to see 3/4 youngsters given a chance at some point this season, but I would rather have an 19 year old from a bigger club who is good enough for the champ now than our 19 year old who is thought to be a future champ player. As long as that loan player has the right attitude.
    Loans are always risky but not only can you bring in young players with the right attitude, but you can also bring in players on loan with a view to a perm - ie, jackson signed, N'guessan still linked.
    I don't care if we sign someone on a free, loan or a fee is involved, as long as Powell believes they will benefit the team.
  • Options
    A player of McEachran's quality could probably play regularly in the first team for every single Championship team and probably a few of the lower Prem teams.

Would be an incredible steal.