Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh McEachran

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lol, assuming you haven't read above that he's gone Boro on loan.
  • Options
    The last loan in from Chelski was Scott Sinclair and he froze if my memory is correct and now look where he is... Admittedly he joined us when we were in the destructive spiral down the leagues...
  • Options
    For me it's not about if the player improves our squad or first team. We make ourselves attractive to potential youth signings if those whom have come through the system have actually managed to break through into the first team. I also believe the club is seeking to run the club on solid financial terms and that means developing players who we can sell on and then replace them players whom have come through the same system. A loan player is a barrier to that approach.
    Let's say the aim is mid table and by playing our developing players as back up through the season we end up with 53 points instead of 58 then not much has been lost and a lot gained. Those who are not good enough are moved on but the ones who are move one step closer to being regulars.
    Loan players should be used in case of injuries, a promotion push or a relegation battle. Based on that we should assess our situation as the season progresses.
  • Options
    no but if we feel another striker would benefit the squad and we have the choice between a loan who we feel could make a difference now and Smith who could be a good player in the future, I know who I would rather as longas it is financially suitable and the player has the right attitude. I am not a fan of playing youngsters just for the sake of it.
    I feel many will agree. I don't really understand your argument tbh Johnny.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Loan players should be used in case of injuries, a promotion push or a relegation battle. Based on that we should assess our situation as the season progresses.

completely disagree with that statement. If a loan player is a suitable loanee (ie - attitude has to be spot-on), then we should sign them. Surely? Makes sense. Its easy to say well using our youngsters might only drop us 5 points and thats ok as long as we survive. But going into the season, we have to have a sufficient squad. 53 points = pretty much a relegation battle anyway.

• Options

53 points = pretty much a relegation battle anyway.

Or a decent season ruined by a late freefall.
  • Options
    yer suppose so, I mean its not a great points total anyway. We should be aiming for 60 really at least