Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who prefers an All Red Kit?

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
I think we should change our shorts to red as our general home kit. It just looks alot better as it did at Birmingham.

Alot more 'Charlton like' instead of Manu, What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Not for me Dave. I prefer the white shorts.
  • Options
    It's nice every so often, but we don't look like man u, if we do then why would we then want to look like liverpool?
  • Options
    I prefer white shorts but would like to see more black. Maybe a black collar or something.
  • Options
    Blue stripes?
  • Options
    I like black shorts
  • Options
    I'd go for all red, it looks more 'powerful' than with the white shorts
  • Options
    Red and white are our colors.
  • Options
    nah white shorts are traditional.

we've only once had an all red kit, back in the summer of 69.

• Options
    cafctom said:

And black.
  • Options
    We don't look like Man Utd, they wear White Shorts with Black socks!

We haven't worn white shorts with black socks in years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way.

And Norfolk's right, where's the black gone ?
  • Options
    I just think Red shirt Red shorts and Red socks is more eye catching. For the players aswell.

Of course we are not and cannot change our kit becuase I wrote a thread on Charlton life about it, but I hope some day, we will be all Red!
  • Options
    like the colours the way they are thank you very much. Dont like the all red kit, makes us look like liverpool.
  • Options
    Stebo said:

when Bryan Adams was our kit supplier.

• Options
    When was the last time we wore Black socks? 1985?

I like Red-White-Red, but the home kit should have a little bit of black, it's in the badge so should be included.
  • Options
    Stebo said:

Good song
  • Options
    My favourite two Charlton Kits.

If they want to go back to any of these two styles, I'd be more then happy ;)
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I just think Red shirt Red shorts and Red socks is more eye catching. For the players aswell.

Of course we are not and cannot change our kit becuase I wrote a thread on Charlton life about it, but I hope some day, we will be all Red!

Liverpool used to wear white shorts, Shankley or Paisley changed them to all red .. and they went on to win EVERYthing. All red, psychologicaly empowers the wearer and intimidates the opposition.. hence the Cardiff changeover
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic : red shirts, white shorts, red socks. End of.
  • Options

This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gazcafc81 said:

My favourite two Charlton Kits.

If they want to go back to any of these two styles, I'd be more then happy ;)

ah yes, when we were with the woolwich

my favourite is still the mesh/sporting cock from the year 2000.

• Options

=)
  • Options
    Red shirt with white details and black edges, white shorts with black, red and white hooped socks for me is a proper charlton looking kit. Away I would prefer it to be white with a red panel like the white home kit we once had, with red shorts and white socks
  • Options
    We're Charlton, not Liverpool.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Liverpool used to wear white shorts, Shankley or Paisley changed them to all red .. and they went on to win EVERYthing. All red, psychologicaly empowers the wearer and intimidates the opposition.. hence the Cardiff changeover
    is that why it used to cost more to insure a red car?
  • Options

cafctom said:

And black.
    First time I can remember black in the kit was the socks in the early to mid 60's with all white kit with red shoulders. I'm a traditionalist, only ever Red shirts and White shorts for me and White shirts Black Shorts away (cup final winning kit)
  • Options
    Stebo said:

Dave2l said:

is that why it used to cost more to insure a red car?
    That was the case and may still be, statistically red car drivers were perceived as more reckless than drivers of more sedately coloured cars, though green is/was the colour for most accidents .. camouflage ?

• Options
    also prefer us to wear, White-Red/Black-White as an away kit
  • Options
    Red White Red - home
    White Red White or All Black - away
  • Options
    Green and Purple should be our away colours !!